Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
WhiteTerrierFan

Talking !GUIDE! New to the forum? Confused? Need everything summed up in a thread? Need a little push to get you going? Start here, take a look!

Welcome to WebkinzInsider! Are you confused? Need some help? No problem! Take a look at what I have here. This is a Guide to get you started on your journey at WebkinzInsider. What to do first, what you need to know, and how to have a great time here! Let's get started!

Okay! So, you've joined. Great! Would you like to post a thread announcing your arrival? Maybe meet some new people, get a few tips? Go to the main forum, scroll down to "It's a Social Thing," Group. The first section is, "Hi, I'm Joe & I LOVE my webkinz!" Click that! Now, at the top it should say, "New Topic," CLICK THAT. Write your arrival post! You could talk about your webkinz..Or just simply state your here and you're happy to be! If that's your first post, it will direct you to the rules before you post it, I believe. Read over ALL the rules until you completely understand them. Then click Agree, submit, or something like that. Okay, so you've accepted the rules, and you've made a welcoming thread..Now what? You may ask. Well, here's some things to do at WebkinzInsider.com!

Open Mike! A place to talk about random things, or chat with other members! There's a DCT (Daily chat thread) there, just a chat thread, chat about anything, and then there's TONS of threads(topics)
about things, that you can post on!

The Pollz! Voting! You get to vote on different topics. It's not a debate, it's just topics to see who likes what, and to compare.

General Chat about Webkinz! Talk about webkinz with people, take a look at threads, see if a topic catches your eye, share some thoughts about things, maybe announce a new webbie to your family!

Rules & Suggestions! Here you can find Rules to the site, and suggestions our members have made to add to the site.

Somebody HELP!! Having some techincal difficulties with WI or WW? Not sure how to do something, or what's going wrong? Post here and I bet someone could help out!!

Gift Exchange! Do you have some neat items on WW? Need some items? WANT some items?
The Gift Exchange is for you! It's a place where you can trade your items in exchange for other items. But, the GE is a very, very, safe trading place. You must get 50 helpful posts, not spam. (Spam is pointless posts, had no point in even being posted.) and been a member for 2 weeks. You must read over the GE rules and post that you agree to them. An admin will grant you access to the Gift Exchange as a Gift Trainee. You will have a Gift Coach. You must go through the Gift Trainee process so when you enter the orginal Gift Exchange, you will be ready. Once you have 50 trades, you have a choice to become a Gift Guru. A Gift Guru is an experienced trader.

Avatars & Signatures! Avatars are the graphics under your username. They're just for fun, mainly, as are signatures, they are on your posts at the bottom as well. You can find members who make avatars and signatures in Member's Creations. You can upload an avatar by going to "User CP" right above your username, PM box, and "Edit Avatar." same for the signature, except it says, "Edit Signature."

Roleplays? It's like story-telling but interactive. You have characters, and you just make up a story with other characters/users! It's really fun, actually.

Birthdays/Parties! You or a webkinz having a birthday? Party to celebrate at your webkinz-world home? Well, post it there! But, remember, if you're posting your birthday, no ages or years!

& there's TONS more things to do! Explore! Post!

Okay, so, you've found out about how to post, and what to post..You've got an avatar and signature..You've read the rules, and people have welcomed you. Are you done? Not quite.

PMing. Private Messaging. You must have 10 posts, to access this. (It may take a minute to get it, let the system catch up with your posting.)
To the left it will say, "Welcome, ______" The blank is your username. Then under that is Private Messages. PMs. You can talk to other members, mods/admins, Gift Coaches, through that, privatley. But, that isn't a detore from the rules..The rules still must be obeyed through that.

Profiles! You can decorate your profile, talk to other members through it, as well! Just upload pictures to your album, copy the URL, go to customize Profile, paste the link in one of the background image slots, and pick colors!

How do I know if I am trading fairly or not, if I'm being ripped off? There's a WIGEV. WebkinzInsider Gift Exchange Value Guide. The link is in my signature, it shows the values of items in WW.

Reputation Points? When a member is nice, helpful, kind, posted something that you thought helped, give them a reputation point. Click the Thumb by the Red Flag, tell why you are giving them the point, and then there you go! How do I see my rep that I've gotten? Go to User CP, User CP Home. Is your bar grey? It most likely will be when you join. Post some helpful things, do some good deeds, maybe you'll get some!

Subscribed threads? You can subscribe to a thread, if you would like to see if they add anything else to it, or you are planning on going back to that thread. Go to Thread Tools, Subscribe to Thread. Remember, Threads are the topics people post. How do I see my subscribed threads? User CP, Subscribed threads.

Green Boxes ? They display how much reputation you have. The more rep, the more boxes!

Stars?! They display your posts. More posts, the more stars!

Giftz? You must wait until you are at least a Gift Trainee. You get a point everytime you trade.

Red Flag? If someone has posted something inappropriate, rude, or you need a mod/admin to see something, click the red flag, and tell why you are reporting the post.

Rate thread? If a thread helped you, or you liked it, or it didn't help, or you didn't like it..You can rate it! 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 stars. So other members know what threads to visit to give them the most help.

Wait, wait, wait. What's with all the different color usernames?!!
Administrators - They help keep the site safe! They edit posts, delete threads, close threads, open threads, help do things, etc. Red ink is reserved for them. Off limits to members.
Moderators - Same as Administrators just a little less duties. Blue ink is reserved for them. Off limits to members.
Gift Trainees - They are training for the GE!
Webkinz - Regular members, haven't become Gifted yet. Have more than 10 posts.
Lil Kinz - They have not gotten 10 posts yet.
Gifted - They have access to the GE!
Gift Gurus - They have completed 50+ trades, they are experienced traders.
Gift Coaches - They train the Gift Trainees, get them ready for the GE, very experienced traders.

Well, that's most of the things you need to know when you join WebkinzInsider. If you have more questions after you read through this guide feel free to PM/Profile message me, check out the FAQ and Rules again at the top, or contact someone else.

have a GREAT time.

Last edited by WhiteTerrierFan; 11-10-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Jennesa

Default Re: !GUIDE! New to the forum? Confused? Need everything summed up in a thread? Need a little push to get you going? Start here, take a look!

Great idea for a thread. You know what this means... REP!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: !GUIDE! New to the forum? Confused? Need everything summed up in a thread? Need a little push to get you going? Start here, take a look!

View Post Originally Posted by Jennesa
Great idea for a thread. You know what this means... REP!
Thank you!!

Last edited by WhiteTerrierFan; 10-27-2008 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome guide Terrier
Livi is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
WhiteTerrierFan

Thank you Livi!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
Gift Guru

MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness
MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

WhiteTerrierFan---Wow that about sums it all up (to begin with). Many new Webkinz, including me, appreciate the post. Thumbs up.
MsHoliday is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
WhiteTerrierFan

I'm glad to hear it helped someone! Thank you!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #8
Gift Guru

MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness
MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Sorry for the double post--but I tried to give you a thumbs-up---a message came up saying this post does not have any reputation!!!!
MsHoliday is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by MsHoliday
Sorry for the double post--but I tried to give you a thumbs-up---a message came up saying this post does not have any reputation!!!!
Did you maybe accidently click your own post?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #10
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

great thread whitet !
aww...po.op .
i cant give any more rep in the next 24 hours .
Closed