Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Do you remember the first time you logged into your Webkinz Insider account? Remember how overwhelming the whole site seemed to be? Do you remember kind, more experienced members of the WI community helping you out when you had questions, or politely informing you when you did something wrong? I'm sure you will, because I do. Everyone is new once, but luckily, experienced members of WI can welcome and help them learn the ropes.
You can make these new members feel welcomed and informed by following these easy tips!
1. Introduce yourself. New members will often feel shy, and it's easier to come out of your shell if someone is nice enough to talk to you first.
2. Be patient. (This of course applies not only to new members, but old ones as well.) Many users are at a younger age, so they're going to make typos and be confused about certain rules.
3. Be kind and helpful. Newer members are going to be so confused about what to do here. It's most likely going to be very overwhelming, too. If they ask you a question, don't ignore them. Help them out, and if you're not able to, direct them with helpful links or ask another member to help them.
4. Make sure you show them the FAQ and Rules sections. That way, they'll always have somewhere to check if they have a question.
5. Send them a friend's request. It'll make them happy to see they're already on their way to making wonderful new friends here at Webkinz Insider!
6. Make sure they know that bullying is not acceptable here. Show them how to report a bad member, but make sure that they know the flagging system is only for important situations. You can't report someone just because you disagree with them.
7. You might also check out some of their other threads if they aren't getting many comments.
8. Teach new members WI's most important terms. More than likely, they won't know the meaning of DCT, WI, GE, PM, VM, etc. You can go above and beyond in explaining these terms by providing them with helpful links, such as...
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.