Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #11
Supermanfan2
Webkinz :)

WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Guide to "floater" contests on Webkinz Newz

Keeping in mind that the new site has the floater going off the screen, how long do you stay to see if you got the Zum? Before when I refreshed a page within 2 seconds I knew if I was getting a clicker. Does it still work that way? Right after refresh if we count 1-2 and there is no Zum should we refresh again or do we have to wait longer now?
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFrenzy
Keeping in mind that the new site has the floater going off the screen, how long do you stay to see if you got the Zum? Before when I refreshed a page within 2 seconds I knew if I was getting a clicker. Does it still work that way? Right after refresh if we count 1-2 and there is no Zum should we refresh again or do we have to wait longer now?
Yeah, unfortunately, that's the problem: because the floater moves around randomly, it could stay for a really long time on the side out of your sight, or it could come into view within a second or two. It's much better if you can zoom out with your browser or change your screen settings so that you see the whole thing. That way you know you won't be missing it.
Jackal is offline Female
Old 10-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #13
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

Hi Jackal - fabulous guide!

You might want to add under the invalid security code section or in the instruction section a caution to click the submit button only one time - not a double click - and be patient because sometimes it takes a few second for the confirmation screen to load. Also, I noticed that if i enter the code first and them fill out the rest of the form I frequently received the wrong code error - so now i enter the code last. Finally, if you enter the wrong code, you can reenter but need a different email address.

If you havent already, add your guide to the WIKI!!!
florida is offline Female
Old 10-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #14
Supermanfan2

WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Jackal
Yeah, unfortunately, that's the problem: because the floater moves around randomly, it could stay for a really long time on the side out of your sight, or it could come into view within a second or two. It's much better if you can zoom out with your browser or change your screen settings so that you see the whole thing. That way you know you won't be missing it.
How do I know if I am seeing the whole screen? Does it begin with the words "Legal Notice"?
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female
Old 10-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #15

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Good guide. I like it.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #16
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by florida
Hi Jackal - fabulous guide!

You might want to add under the invalid security code section or in the instruction section a caution to click the submit button only one time - not a double click - and be patient because sometimes it takes a few second for the confirmation screen to load. Also, I noticed that if i enter the code first and them fill out the rest of the form I frequently received the wrong code error - so now i enter the code last. Finally, if you enter the wrong code, you can reenter but need a different email address.

If you havent already, add your guide to the WIKI!!!
Hi florida, thanks, glad you like the guide! You're right, the submission form sometimes tests my patience, too - I've added a note about making sure to wait for it into the guide. However, I've been getting strings of verification code errors too, and I always enter the code last (since it's the last field on the form). I think sometimes it's just temperamental that way. Also, you don't need a different email address if you have to re-enter the verification code. I have extensive personal experience typing in the wrong code and am very sure about that.

I would love to put the guide in the Wiki! But I don't know where it would go. I guess maybe as a link off of the Contests section of the Webkinz Newz entry...but I would have to get a sysop to create the new page, wouldn't I?
Jackal is offline Female
Old 10-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #17
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

But I don't know how to answer the skill-testing math question!

If you're still stumped and you have spreadsheet software on your computer, copy the question into a cell on a spreadsheet with the equals sign right before it, and the spreadsheet program should calculate the answer for you.

And if that doesn't work, just come on WI and check out the discussion thread that's sure to be there about the contest you're trying to enter - usually helpful WI members will provide the answers to the questions for people who are having difficulty with the math.

I want more than one feature code.

You can certainly find the floater on the Webkinz Newz site more than once. However, Ganz will not allow you to enter the same email address more than once for the same contest. So if you want another feature code, you will have to enter a different email address in the fill-out form. If you run out of email addresses to use, you can always use free email services like Gmail or 10 Minute Mail to make new ones.
These are against the contest rules you must agree to abide to. It is also cheating, which WI does not advocate. Please remove.

This Guide would be perfect once you remove the parts that show others how to cheat.
ArkMama is offline Female
Old 10-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #18
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by ArkMama
These are against the contest rules you must agree to abide to. It is also cheating, which WI does not advocate. Please remove.

This Guide would be perfect once you remove the parts that show others how to cheat.
WI staff are aware of this guide and its contents; I've been in communication with a moderator about it.
Jackal is offline Female
Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

WI staff are aware of this guide and its contents; I've been in communication with a moderator about it.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

It's my opinion, but I still believe it should not be in there. If the mods and admin think it's kosher, then it is!
ArkMama is offline Female
Closed