Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
....♥ you &&
926c has a spectacular aura about

Exclamation Guide! Everything you need to know about WI!

I've just gathered all the information I needed to make a guide all about WI!
Well, here it is!

Why are some members banned?

Members are banned for a certain reason and that reason is for you to not be concerned about!
You could get banned from certain sections like the Gift Exchange! For example, It would say you would have: However many gifts you had when you were gifted
and it would say you were a Webkinz!

What's a fluff post?

Do you know if your post is a fluff post? If you said "no" you came to the right place!
A fluff post is a post where you totally get off subject (most of the time) or write something that is not important at all! Here's an example of a fluff post:
"I like Webkinz"

Here's an example of a non-fluff post:
"Oh good question, maybe you should ask a moderator or administrator"
"To PM you must click on "User CP", then click "Private Messages" then click "Compose Message"

How are user stars determined?
To find out how user stars are determined click HERE!

How do you create a new thread?

In order to create a new thread, just go to the forum that you want to create a new thread in and click the "new thread" button on the upper left hand side. A picture is shown below with the button circled.

Click the image to open in full size.

How do I change my thread title?It's actually very easy once you know how! Go into the thread listing and look at your thread, with all the other threads.

Now, double-click in your title "cell" (near the title) but not on the title, as that will open up the thread. The title should "open up" and you can type in the new title. Once you're done, just click outside of where you typed, and you are all set!
Here are some pictures to demonstrate the words

Where to clickClick the image to open in full size.

How it looks when you change the titleClick the image to open in full size.
Can I/How do I delete my Gift Registry in the Gift Exchange?You cannot delete your own threads. We can delete your thread for you, but only because you don't want to trade any more. Periodically, we will go and clean up old responses to your thread, but we will not delete your thread so that you can start a new one.

ALL ABOUT Reputation!Giving Reputation
There is a thumb icon right next to the "Reputation" area on each user's post bit.

To add to a person's ‘Reputation’, click on the thumbs up icon. A ‘Reputation’ box will open and you can type your reason for thanking the user.

If you're helpful on the forum, we're sure you'll get them very shortly if you don't already have them! Don't forget to give them out!!

Checking who added to your reputation
You can check your (15) most recent additions by clicking "UserCP" at the top of the forum. It will bring up a list of the last 15 people that have contributed to your reputation.

I don't have any, can you give me some?
We don't allow begging of any kind here on WI, and that includes begging for Reputation. We've already taken the system away to change it because of constant begging and we don't want to have to remove it altogether. Spend some time here, help a few people out and people will give them to you on their own accord.

Can I offer Reputation to encourage people to answer my threads?
NO. We've seen a lot of this and the problem comes when someone forgets to give those promised reputation and people start posting "Why didn't you give me the reputation?" or ask us why someone didn't follow through. People will answer your thread, faster than you even imagined. If you get an answer that helps, feel free to give them reputation, but no offers anymore, PLEASE! Also, no "I only need x more reputation, please help me" threads. Any threads or posts the offer/beg for reputation will be deleted.
How do I become a Moderator?Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating. In order to be a moderator, at this point, we're only accepting adults. This will probably change one day, but, as it stands, this is one of the requirements. In addition, you have to be an active member of the community. The way we currently do it is, when a current moderator or administrator notices someone they think is a potential candidate, they are nominated and watched for a period of time. When everyone agrees, we give them "the tap" and offer them a position. They are not required to take it, it is up to them!
ALL ABOUT the Gift ExchangeWhat is the Gift Exchange?
The Gift Exchange is WI's safe trading area. We have a number of rules in place to keep this area safe for trading and to prevent scamming. Trading outside of the Gift Exchange is not allowed on WI!!

Where is the Gift Exchange?
As a protected-area, the Gift Exchange must be unlocked, so people who don't have the required number of posts and haven't agreed to the rules cannot see the Gift Exchange.

How do I get in to the Gift Exchange?
Please read the rules and post your agreement as a response once you are done reading them.
ALL ABOUT Feedback / Giftz NumbersWe use a feedback system similar to eBay here on WI in order to evaluate exchanges between members.
Most questions can be answered by reading this.

How do I view my own feedback?
In order to view your own feedback, find a place that you've posted in and then look at your "post bit". Click the number in the parantheses to bring up your Gifting profile. You can also search for yourself in the "member list" and find your feedback profile in that manner as well.
How do I take screenshots / post pictures?Quick & Simple for Windows --
cntrl+print screen
click start
all programs
paint, edit, paste save as jpeg, bmp is too big

More In-Depth If you are on Windows, to learn to take screenshots and post pictures on WebkinzInsider Forums, please visit Webkinzlover525's great guide!

If you are on a Mac, find something you want to take a picture of, then press "Shift+Apple+4" You will see your mouse pointer turn into crosshairs. Click on the upper-left corner of what you want to take a picture of, and drag a box around it. You will hear a camera sound and the screenshot will appear on your desktop as "Picture 1" . Then, just upload it to WI, with the instructions below, as it is already in .PNG format!

If you have images that are already in .GIF, .JPG or .PNG format, you can upload them directly to WI so that they will appear at the bottom of your message with the "zoom" function. In order to do this, just make your reply or new topic, and below the typing window, click "manage attachments" and upload your images!
How do I report a post?Reporting a post

vBulletin has a great way to report posts and bring them to our attention. You've probably seen it a hundred times, but never really paid attention. It's the "red flag" below people's names on each post. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, click that red flag, fill out the reason and click send.

Here is a picture of the flag:

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Give rep: Click the image to open in full size.
Giftz: (10) 100%

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

This will alert whatever mod or admin that is on and we can get to it as quickly as possible. This works much better than PM'ing a mod or admin, as anyone can pick up the "ticket" and get to work!

How do I get a picture under my username?These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by the administrator and those that you upload yourself.

If the administrator has provided a set of avatars, and avatars are enabled, you may select an avatar that best describes your personality.

The administrator may also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer.

For more information about avatars, click here.
What is the signature for?After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper.

If the administrator has enabled signatures, then you will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the forum will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message.

You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option.

You can set your signature by editing your profile.
How do I create a poll?

The system will not allow you to create polls outside of this section!

To create a poll, type in the message for your poll and then scroll down below that window and check "Yes, make this a poll" and then click "Submit". The website will then direct you to a page where you can create your poll options. Here is what it looks like:
What is the MyWI link in my posts and profile?This is your very own "home" on WI. Please take a look at the following posts for all the detailed instructions and overviews for the exciting system!!

Why Can't I PM, see the member list or My WI pages?This is most likely because you are classified as "Lil Kinz" on the system, meaning you have less than 10 posts. Once you have crossed over the 10 posts barrier, you will be able to view and use all of these features!
What are the different user titles & colors?Different user classes determine access levels on "colored" usernames on Webkinz Insider. Each user class is also highlighted by its corresponding color below.

Lil Kinz
A registered user with less than 10 posts. Lil Kinz cannot access the PM system, view the Memberlist, or view other member's profiles

A registered user with more than 10 posts. Webkinz users have access to nearly every feature on the forum, except for the Gift Exchange and feedback system.

A registered user with more than 50 posts, and has agreed to the rules and been approved for the Gift Exchange by the admin staff. These users have access to the Gift Exchange and feedback system, but not the Gift Guru discussion section.

Gift Guru
A registered user with more than 100 posts and 20 "Gift Pointz". These users have access to every section on the forum and are designated by the green color.

Forum Protector
A registered user that has been hand-selected by the administrative staff to be recognized as the most valuable and helpful members on the forum. They are designated by the purple color.

Moderator/Super Moderator
An appointed moderator with official capacity to move/edit/delete posts and other moderator-type activities. They are designated by the blue color.

An appointed administrator with the official capacity to perform moderator-related duties, along with user and forum management. They are designated by the red color.
What are the tags for images, signatures, smilies, links, etc on WI?For a list of all the tags and how to use them to link your images, signature pictures, change your URLs to say "Click Here", etc, please read the following link which includes all of the codes available on the forum with examples on how to use them!

For all the smilie codes, please go here:http://webkinzinsider.com/forum/misc.php?do=smilies

Thank you, and I made this guide for all the members here on WI with the help of everyone from teaching me about WI!
926c is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
AsK 4 It
Gift Guru
juicypinkxox is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Guide! Everything you need to know about WI!

wow great job - rep points
Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
....♥ you &&

thanks so much!
926c is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Webkinz :)
KatRussia3 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks so muchh!!<33
Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
....♥ you &&

you guys rock!
926c is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
Gift Guru
ally926 is a glorious beacon of lightally926 is a glorious beacon of lightally926 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow!! Amazing job!! This will help a lot of people!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
....♥ you &&

Thanks alot guys
926c is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #8

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #9
....♥ you &&

How sweet of you people!
926c is offline Female
Old 01-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #10
tropicalstars will become famous soon enough

Thanks for putting most of the current FAQ in one thread!