Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: A Guide on Everything Graphics Making.

View Post Originally Posted by klcao12
No problem!
It looks like this thread has helped many. I came up with the idea when I saw everyone posting "how to make lines"
Priceless is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #22
Banned
♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace

If you're looking for tutorials, I'd love to throw in a few of mine
♥Taylor♥ is offline Female
Old 12-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #23

View Post Originally Posted by ♥Taylor♥
If you're looking for tutorials, I'd love to throw in a few of mine
sure! it won't just be helpful for me, but others too
Old 12-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
Banned
♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Well that's what I meant(;

Here's a spoiler of GIMP Tutorials;;

Spoiler: show

Uploading Fonts
1. Close GIMP. Go to Dafont.com.
2. Find a font you like and click Download. When the pop-up opens, click save.
3. Then go to where it saved. It is probably either on your desktop or in My Documents - Downloads. If you can't find it, go to Start Menu - Search and look up the font name.
4. Right click on the font and select Extract All. The folder should extract.
5. Click on the folder. Now, there will be a TTF file (True Type Font). It's icon is blue with a big T on it. Copy that.
6. Go to My Computer - Control Panel - Fonts and paste it into there. Now you can have it anywhere
7. Copy the file again.
8. Now go to My Computer - Local Disk (C: ) - Your Computer Screen Name - Documents and Settings - gimp 2.6 - fonts and paste it in there. When you open GIMP you should have the font.

Uploading Brushes
1. (Make sure GIMP IS CLOSED) Start by finding some brushes. I usually use DeviantArt, and you can just search up some GIMP brushes there. Also, if you have some of the newer versions of GIMP, you can even load Photoshop brushes onto it! http://www.***************/#catpath=...ations&order=9 <-- Link to deviantart brush location. Where it says search, just type in what brush you want, or just browse through the ones already there.
2. Now find where it's downloaded to (it downloads to different places per computer). The two likely places are your Desktop or My Documents -- Downloads. I suggest going to start -- search -- and type in the name of the brush. Once you've found that, DO NOT click in the folder. Right click it and press Extract All...

3. The Extraction Wizard should open up. Click next, then click Browse.

4. Click the plus by My Computer when it asks you where to save. Go to Local Disk (C:]: -- Documents and Settings -- Your ScreenName -- gimp-2.6 -- brushes.
5. Click next, finish. Now open up gimp, and your new brushes should be there! TADA!

Cropping and Scaling
Step 1: Go to Google images and get a picture. I will be using this one: http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Christmas-wallpaper/Winter_Wonderland_1_1024x768.jpg [I suggest don't open this if you have a slow computer, it's a big image] Copy this image.
Step 2: Open Gimp. Paste the image (Ctrl V on your keyboard). Don't open a file, don't make a new file. Make sure there is no images open on Gimp and paste it.
Step 3: In toolbox, there will be an icon that looks like this: Click the image to open in full size.. Click it.
Step 4: Click the box next to where it says Aspect Ratio. In the box under Aspect Ratio, put 1:1 .
Click the image to open in full size.
(This was done on my tablet, tell me if you can't read my handwriting.)
Step 5: Click and drag on the area you want to crop. When you've got the area selected like this: Click the image to open in full size.
Click on the selected area and it will crop it.
Step 6: Now click on the scaling tool. It looks like this: Click the image to open in full size.
Step 7: Click on your image. A pop-up should appear. Click on this: Click the image to open in full size.
Then enter 125 in the width box. If you've linked the chain, the height should automatically change. Click Scale.
Step 8: Now you'll probably have this huge amount of space and just a little picture, right? Go back to the crop tool, but this time click the drop arrow beside aspect ratio. Select size.
Put 120x120 (or 100x100) in the box. Click on the photo and drag it to where your smaller image is. Click when you've got it there.
Step 9: Add brush strokes if wanted. Just no text for the time being, whether you know how to or not, just not now.
Step 10: Go to File - Save As - yourfilenamehere.PNG. You must save it as .PNG if you want it to save correctly. Then click export (if needed), save.

Neon Banners
File -- Create -- Logo -- Neon

Make sure you click CREATE SHADOW && The background is BLACK -- Ok --

Ctrl L -- CLICK ON THE BACKGROUND LAYER. It should be at the bottom.
-- Click the Trash Can, aka Delete LAYER. Click the image to open in full size.
Then your image should look like this:

Then save, and you should get:

Rainbow Glow Text
File - New - 420x300.

Select the second text layer (‘your text here’ #1). Use the bucket and fill the text with white. Click the third text layer (‘your text here’ #2) and fill the text with black. Go to Select > None. Click on the first text layer (‘your text here’).

Cropping or deleting the background layer is also optional. Cropping is probably a good idea, though.
Save as .png. Export, Save.

My finished product -- Click the image to open in full size.

Gaussian Blur

Step 1: Make a 570x315 file. Delete the background layer and add a transparent layer in it's place.
Step 2: Change your FG color to black.
Step 3: Select the text tool and apply the text you want. Put a space before and after your text.
Step 4: Hold Ctrl L on your keyboard. The layers dialogue should appear.
Step 5: Click on the duplicate layer. It is the beside the down tool, and looks like a double screen.
Step 6: Find a color you like and apply it to the first text layer (bottom text layer)
Step 7: Click on the second text layer (top). Right click it and hit Alpha To Selection. Click delete on your keyboard. Go to the gradient button. Select a gradient that goes with the color you selected in step 6.
Step 8: Drag the gradient across the text.
Step 9: Go to Select - None
Step 10: Click on the first (bottom) text layer. Go to Filters - Blur - Gaussian Blur. Set the diameter to whatever you think looks best
Step 11: Repeat these steps using whatever text you wish. This is optional.
Step 12: Save as .png

Old 12-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #25

Well that's what I meant(;

Here's a spoiler of GIMP Tutorials;;

Uploading Fonts
1. Close GIMP. Go to Dafont.com.
2. Find a font you like and click Download. When the pop-up opens, click save.
3. Then go to where it saved. It is probably either on your desktop or in My Documents - Downloads. If you can't find it, go to Start Menu - Search and look up the font name.
4. Right click on the font and select Extract All. The folder should extract.
5. Click on the folder. Now, there will be a TTF file (True Type Font). It's icon is blue with a big T on it. Copy that.
6. Go to My Computer - Control Panel - Fonts and paste it into there. Now you can have it anywhere
7. Copy the file again.
8. Now go to My Computer - Local Disk (C: ) - Your Computer Screen Name - Documents and Settings - gimp 2.6 - fonts and paste it in there. When you open GIMP you should have the font.

Uploading Brushes
1. (Make sure GIMP IS CLOSED) Start by finding some brushes. I usually use DeviantArt, and you can just search up some GIMP brushes there. Also, if you have some of the newer versions of GIMP, you can even load Photoshop brushes onto it! http://www.***************/#catpath=...ations&order=9 <-- Link to deviantart brush location. Where it says search, just type in what brush you want, or just browse through the ones already there.
2. Now find where it's downloaded to (it downloads to different places per computer). The two likely places are your Desktop or My Documents -- Downloads. I suggest going to start -- search -- and type in the name of the brush. Once you've found that, DO NOT click in the folder. Right click it and press Extract All...

3. The Extraction Wizard should open up. Click next, then click Browse.

4. Click the plus by My Computer when it asks you where to save. Go to Local Disk (C:]: -- Documents and Settings -- Your ScreenName -- gimp-2.6 -- brushes.
5. Click next, finish. Now open up gimp, and your new brushes should be there! TADA!

Cropping and Scaling
Step 1: Go to Google images and get a picture. I will be using this one: http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Christmas-wallpaper/Winter_Wonderland_1_1024x768.jpg [I suggest don't open this if you have a slow computer, it's a big image] Copy this image.
Step 2: Open Gimp. Paste the image (Ctrl V on your keyboard). Don't open a file, don't make a new file. Make sure there is no images open on Gimp and paste it.
Step 3: In toolbox, there will be an icon that looks like this: Click the image to open in full size.. Click it.
Step 4: Click the box next to where it says Aspect Ratio. In the box under Aspect Ratio, put 1:1 .
(This was done on my tablet, tell me if you can't read my handwriting.)
Step 5: Click and drag on the area you want to crop. When you've got the area selected like this: Click the image to open in full size.
Click on the selected area and it will crop it.
Step 6: Now click on the scaling tool. It looks like this: Click the image to open in full size.
Step 7: Click on your image. A pop-up should appear. Click on this: Click the image to open in full size.
Then enter 125 in the width box. If you've linked the chain, the height should automatically change. Click Scale.
Step 8: Now you'll probably have this huge amount of space and just a little picture, right? Go back to the crop tool, but this time click the drop arrow beside aspect ratio. Select size.
Put 120x120 (or 100x100) in the box. Click on the photo and drag it to where your smaller image is. Click when you've got it there.
Step 9: Add brush strokes if wanted. Just no text for the time being, whether you know how to or not, just not now.
Step 10: Go to File - Save As - yourfilenamehere.PNG. You must save it as .PNG if you want it to save correctly. Then click export (if needed), save.

Neon Banners
File -- Create -- Logo -- Neon

Make sure you click CREATE SHADOW && The background is BLACK -- Ok --

Ctrl L -- CLICK ON THE BACKGROUND LAYER. It should be at the bottom.
-- Click the Trash Can, aka Delete LAYER. Click the image to open in full size.
Then your image should look like this:

Then save, and you should get:

Rainbow Glow Text
File - New - 420x300.

Select the second text layer (‘your text here’ #1). Use the bucket and fill the text with white. Click the third text layer (‘your text here’ #2) and fill the text with black. Go to Select > None. Click on the first text layer (‘your text here’).

Cropping or deleting the background layer is also optional. Cropping is probably a good idea, though.
Save as .png. Export, Save.

My finished product -- Click the image to open in full size.

Gaussian Blur

Step 1: Make a 570x315 file. Delete the background layer and add a transparent layer in it's place.
Step 2: Change your FG color to black.
Step 3: Select the text tool and apply the text you want. Put a space before and after your text.
Step 4: Hold Ctrl L on your keyboard. The layers dialogue should appear.
Step 5: Click on the duplicate layer. It is the beside the down tool, and looks like a double screen.
Step 6: Find a color you like and apply it to the first text layer (bottom text layer)
Step 7: Click on the second text layer (top). Right click it and hit Alpha To Selection. Click delete on your keyboard. Go to the gradient button. Select a gradient that goes with the color you selected in step 6.
Step 8: Drag the gradient across the text.
Step 9: Go to Select - None
Step 10: Click on the first (bottom) text layer. Go to Filters - Blur - Gaussian Blur. Set the diameter to whatever you think looks best
Step 11: Repeat these steps using whatever text you wish. This is optional.
Step 12: Save as .png

thanks! can you put that in a thread so i can link it?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #26
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
I'm too lazy to create a thread... lol

And by the way, I tried one of these a few months ago and cocoabean merged it with my shop. So, since you have a shop, look out for it being merged.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #27
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

Instead of having her put it in a thread you could just take the post link and use that. If that makes sense. Lol

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...l#post21554215
This is what I mean ^^ If you click it, it takes you right to her post
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #28

View Post Originally Posted by CutiePie_Kelsey
Instead of having her put it in a thread you could just take the post link and use that. If that makes sense. Lol

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...l#post21554215
This is what I mean ^^ If you click it, it takes you right to her post
It's ok. She made a thread here:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...orials-669517/
Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #29
Banned

Haa. I was just getting ready to point this out. You're ahead of the game
Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #30

I'm too lazy to create a thread... lol

And by the way, I tried one of these a few months ago and cocoabean merged it with my shop. So, since you have a shop, look out for it being merged.
i will watch out. and thanks for making the thread!

Haa. I was just getting ready to point this out. You're ahead of the game
haha, i am working really hard on this thread. it's one of my first "big" projects XD

=========================================================

I posted another guide. Thanks to iLuvWolves for permission, it's located here.

Last edited by Priceless; 12-12-2010 at 08:32 PM..
Closed

Tags
allthegoodtagsweretaken, awesome thread price!, fuzzy, god is 100% awesome, love this thread, ninjalicious, once upon a dream, s.t.a.r.l.a, stellaaaa fuzzybear, ♫sing4me a melody