Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default ☼ Guide to the DCT ☼

Hey everyone!
This is the guide to 's DCT. [Daily Chat Thread]

Well, for starters, in case you didn't know, you can locate the DCT in the Open Mike section of the forum. At the DCT you can talk about anything. It's totally random. Just don't SPAM! :]

Becoming Top Poster

Well, truly, top poster isn't that important. Sure, it's a GREAT feeling to be TP [top poster] but no matter what, you're still having a great time. To become TP, it's alot easier if you get on late, post, then get on later.

Getting the Top Poster Link

To get the TP link, you go to the Open Mike Section and you find the DCT. Once you're looking at the spot where you can click to go to that thread, go over to the side next to it [right when looking at screen] is a part called 'Replies' and you click the number next to it and BOOM! You have the TP link.

Keeping Up

Keeping up at the DCT can be hard. Expecially when there's alot of people. It's easy to double quote people so you can reply to each one. It really helps out! :] Keeping up is hard to do with slower computers. The DCT does go fast!

Double Quoting

Well, truly, this can come in handy anywhere. But the DCT is also a good place to use this. To double quote, you go to whatever people you want to quote. You go to where the quote button is by their username and click the one next to it. It looks like this: Click the image to open in full size. and once you click it, it'll look like this: Click the image to open in full size.. Then you do that to each one you want to quote. After you do the last person, on the last person, you just click the actual quote button. And then it'll take you to the 'Go Advanced' area and it gives you all the quotes!

Making Friends

Making friends is EASY and FUN! All you do is talk to people and you WILL find someone with interests the same as yours!

First Post, Second Post, Third Post...[etc]

I believe everyone knows what this is, but it's not that important. [Much Like TP] It's again, REALLY cool though. All you have to do is get to the new DCT first and say hi to everyone and then you see what number post you get.

Tags

Tags, like on other threads, are the same pretty much. :] The tags are APPROPRIATE tags that leave your mark on that thread

F requently A sked Q uestions :

What time is the DCT usually posted?
Well, it depends on your time zone. And the times always vary. It occurs early morning or late night. Like I said, there is really no set time.

Can I post speeches? Like a spinny, rainbow, or just a new star?
Of course! Speeches are permitted here, and only here

Is 'Text Talk' allowed?
Yes. But some people DON'T like it AT ALL. And truth be told, it gets annoying at one point. But you can use it as long as it's readable to most eyes.

Can I post a DCT?
No, only staff members can post DCTs

Can I tell people my name?
Well, I guess that's your choice. However, don't say your last name. NO PERSONAL INFORMATION! But if someone asks if they can call you something other than your username, you can give them a nickname or just anything really

What if I get ignored?
This is very possible. The DCT like I said earlier is very fast! People may skim over your post. So say hi and then just jump into a conversation you feel you can relate to!

Are bad words allowed?
While the DCT is very laid back, you still HAVE TO follow all of WI's rules!

DCT's WORDS TO KNOW:

DCT: daily chat thread
TP: top poster
xD: laughing hard [smiley]
GE DCT - Gift Exchange Daily Chat Thread
OM DCT - Open Mike Daily Chat Thread

Those are like the three main ones.

Thank you!
And have fun!

**If there's anything you feel should be added, please PM me!

Last edited by BackFlip15; 04-12-2009 at 01:12 PM..
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

Default Re: ☼ Guide to the DCT ☼

Great guide for all those new DCTers out there. Even the old ones. Great job.
cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
call me jenny(:♥

JonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Wonderful Thread! Very informative ( :
JonasBrothers<3 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

great guide Backflip this will help a lot of people who are having trouble getting into the DCT, and i think you posted some good points here that all DCTers, new and old, should read
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 04-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
WhiteTerrierFan

Backflip, this is an excellent guide! I am sure a lot of people will be able to use this. It explains just about everything. You have some great information on there!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

Great guide!

This also works for GEDCT

~Munchies
Munchies is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Great guide.

The DCT is really fun!
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 04-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Gift Guru

harrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Very nice guide! Rep for you!
harrypotterfan101 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Aww, thanks everyone
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #10
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

i forgot to add-rep to you!
bob nws III is offline Male
Closed