Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Bailey is
Gifted

buggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Guide to being a well-liked and helpful member

-Do you want to be a great member who many people like? Follow my guide and you'll be there soon!-

Tip #1:
Welcome new members often and give them helpful reminders. I know when I was new here, I really appreciated the members who responded to my thread.

Tip #2:
Help anyone who needs it! Whether it's a question about how much a rare costs or someone needing your sympathy because a pet is sick, they want you to be there for them or post. They will really like the fact that you took the time to post and help them.

Tip #3:
Talk to everyone. Let's say you're on the DCT and you notice someone is being ignored. Talk to them! How would you feel if you were being ignored while everyone else was having fun? The person will be greatful you talked to them, and who knows, maybe they will turn out to be one of your new WI BFFs.

Tip #4:
If someone messes up, help them out. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't post a mean comment, help them. You wouldn't like it if someone said something mean to you! Let's say that a member accidently says " No, the word LOL stands for Loving out loud" Don't quickly say, "No! You're wrong! It stands for LAUGH OUT LOUD!" Say something more like " That could be right, but I think it might stand for laugh out loud." I can tell that the second response would make me feel better than the first one.

Tip #5:
Use polite words and don't use too much chat speak. If people don't understand what you are saying, they may think you are offending them. Use polite sentences. Make people feel good, not bad.

Example of too much chat speak:
R u goin 2 da b-ball game l8r wit mi?

That post confused me. It may have confused you, too.

Really saying:
Are you going to the basketball game later with me?

It is OK to use chat speak a little bit, but not too much.

Example of OK chat speak:
That joke made me LOL. xD

I can understand that way better.

Say polite things, not rude things.
Example of rude posts:
No offence, but, that siggy isn't very good.

That is a hurtful post, it may not seem like it, but it could make someone feel bad.

Example of polite post:
That siggy is cute, but not really my style. I can see why you like it though

Doesn't that post sound so much more respectful? I think it does.

-Follow these few tips and I guarentee you will be an even more amazing and very helpful member here on WI. Hope this helps -

---------- buggirl28 added 13 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

Anyone read this?

Last edited by buggirl28; 10-19-2008 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
buggirl28 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: Guide to being a well-liked and helpful member

Nice job on the thread!
Rep!
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 10-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Bailey is
Gifted

buggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much Googles Rep for you too. Thanks for posting.

---------- buggirl28 added 94 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

ANyone wana comment?

Last edited by buggirl28; 10-19-2008 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Very good advice! That's a very kind and thoughtful thread. I especially liked your #5 because you gave lots of examples.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
Bailey is
Gifted

Thanks so much Webberlily! I appreciate that you took the time to read this and comment
Old 10-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #6
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

I like that! It's great! Rep points to u!
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 06:35 AM   #7
Bailey is
Gifted

Thanks so much for commenting and thank you for the rep
Old 10-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #8
Areyel
Gift Guru

Areyel is just really niceAreyel is just really nice

This is a great guide! Written communication can be so scary sometimes. You can be nice and happy AND YOUR WORDS CAN COME ACROSS REALLY HARSH! (especially if you tend to leave your keyboard on caps lock!) LOL!
It is a great reminder to all of us to re-read our posts and then think about how other people would feel if they read it, or how would I feel if someone posted this in my thread!
Excellent! Rep all the way!
Areyel is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #9
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Excellent advice! Communication through words can be very difficult anyways and getting what your feeling or what you really mean to come across right is especially difficult sometimes. When reading what someone said jokingly or sarcastically you can't always tell..you can't see the smile they had when typing it.So I think we need to be extra careful and reread everything before posting or sending it.

Rep point!
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
Webkinz :)

1Zaphod will become famous soon enough

wow that helped me a bunch, thanks
1Zaphod is offline Female
Closed