Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default A Guide to being a Great Poster! (And Post AWESOME Posts!) -Only 5 easy steps to Follow!

Hello there fellow WebkinzInsider Members!
Have you ever wondered how to make and Post an AWESOME Post?
...Than this is the Thread/Guide for you!

Step One: The Font and Color:
Whenever you post, you want to be sure that you are using a Font that someone can READ!! If they can't read your post, they'll never know what you were trying to say! You might have written a very thoughful post... and then no one can read it! Also, be sure that your Size is good too! Too Small font can hurt peoples' eyes.. and too big Font can just be plain distracting or annoying!
**Posts in Yellow can NOT be clearly Read!!**

: Practice - Font Size and Color :

Q: Which Sentence is not Readable?

1. "Hi! I was wondering if I could please use the Twilight Freebie?"
2. "You go to the RP Section of the Forum, Good Luck!"
3. "Hi, I'm new to WI! I would really like it if someone could help me out.. thanks!"
4. HELLO!!!!! HOW ARE YOU TODAY?!?! ANSWER ME, BYE!!!

A: If you picked Sentance 3, you're right!
Sentence 1 is a PERFECT example of a great Post! Sentence 2 is a little big, but still Readable! 3 is just too Small to read and you can't even see it because it's in yellow!! And Sentance 4 has something wrong with it, but I'll get to what it is later in the Thread!

Step Two: Correct Spelling:
It is ALWAYS important to have correct Spelling while posting!! If you're not sure how to spell a word, you can go look in a Dictionary.. or even just use Spell Check!

Click the image to open in full size. ( <--- The Spell Check Button!)
Don't be afraid to use it! It won't bite.. it wants to help you! All you have to do is click on it and install it, it's really fast and you're really like using it and knowing that your spelling is correct!
**Try not to use things like "u", "r", "omg", or other words along those lines!**

: Practice - Correct Spelling :

Q: Which Sentance has the "Correct Spelling" kind of Feel?

1. "Hey u! Wat u doin this Fri? rite bak!"
2. "Sry, g2g! C ya later!"
3. "omg!! r u kiding m?!?"
4. "Hi there! Want to help me with my Thread?"

A: If you picked Sentance 4, you are Correct!
Sentence 1 has words like "u" and doesn't have "write" spelled right! Sentance 2 used "Fri" as a short way of writing "Friday"! Don't be lazy when you post.. write the whole word out! Sentence 3 has words like 'omg" and "r", along with "u"! Again, please don't be lazy.. others will Apreciate it! Sentance 4 has the "Correct Spelling" kind of people, and that's what other WI Members will look for in your posts!

Step Three: Correct Use of Capitilization, Bold-Faced Words, and Words with Italics:
You NEVER want to use these in the wrong way! You should only Capitilize words when needed while posting! Same for bold-faced words and italics! When you Capitilize a word in a sentace, ask yourself:

- Is it the begining of a sentence?
- Is it a specific name of someone or something?
- Is it the word "I"?
...and other questions, but just USE YOUR COMMENT SENSE!!

For Bold-faced words, you should only use them to point at a word.. UNLESS you are using Bold to write the entire sentence.
With Italics... it's the same as Bold-faced words! They point something out UNLESS you are using italics to write the entire sentence.

: Practice - Capitilization :

Q: Which sentance is using the correct Capitiliazation?

1. "HEY YOU!!!! WRITE ME BACK ,YOU NEVER DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
2. "hi! have you gotten your ge up yet?"
3. "Hi you! I need you to PM me the recipe, thanks!"
4. "you r mean!!!!!!!!"

A: If you picked Sentance 3, you're correct!
Sentance 1 is using all Capitilizated letters, which is NOT good if you want people to actually respond to you. Sentance 2 is not capitizlied as well, and nethier is Sentence 4! So, sentence 3 is the only one left.. and with correct Capitilization!

: Practice - Bold-Faced Words :

Q: Which sentance has the right use of bold-faced words?

1. "I never knew you were agreat artisit!"
2. "Blahhh! You r mean!!!!!!"
3. "Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!"
4. "Friend, you're the best!!"

A: If you picked Sentance 1, you're right!
This one was a hard one! Sentance 1 has bolded best".. and it makes sense why that word was bolded. Sentance 2 doesn't make sense on why "B;ahhh!" was bolded. Sentances 3 and 4 ethier don't have any word bolded or the word doesn't make sense.

*There is no Practice for italics because it basically has the same rules as bolded words!*

Step Four: The Perfect Amount of Smilies:
This is my favorite step, having the perfect amount of smilies! Too many smilies can make your post wanted to be unread, so that's why you have to have the perfect amount!
Smilies add a little "Pop!!" and excitement to your post.. so be sure to use them when needed for some "Pop!!"!

: Practice - Smilies :

Q: Which Sentance has the "Perfect" amount of Smilies?

1. "Hi, you having a great day?!?"
2. "I love that idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
3. "Hope you have an oustanding day!! "
4. "Bad, bad puppy! "

A: If you picked Sentance 3, you're right!
Sentences 1,2, and 4 have way too many smilies, people wouldn't want to even read their post! Be sure you only use a few Smilies when posting!

Step 5: The Final Finishes, Recheck your Work:
After you post, you should probably quickly look over your post to be sure everything is A-Okay! This step is one of the Most important out of the 1-5 Great Poster Steps! When you write a story, you look over it.. so why not look over your post after you wrote it? It will help you learn everytime you find and fix a new mistake in your poste!

: Practice - Rechecking your Work :

Q: All of these sentances have correct grammar, but one has a tiny mistake. Can you find it?

1. "Hi best friend! How are you today? I'm great! Write back soon!"
2. "Man, i hate it when i get kicked off WW! "
3. "Today is Wednesday, yay!"
4. "Avvie and siggie partner wanted!"

A: Did you pick Sentance number 2? If you did, great Job!
Sentance number 2 has a very very very very very tiny mistake! The mistake in both sentance number 2 is that both of the "i"'s are NOT Capitilized! You might have not reconized it right away, but that's fine! That proves that looking over your Post does help you!

Well, that's it of my Guide to help you make better posts! If you have any
Questions or would like to add something to this Guide, please feel free to PM me!

~ I hope this Guide helps you make better posts and please leave comments! ~

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Lavenderpkp77

Default Re: A Guide to being a Great Poster! (And Post AWESOME Posts!) -Only 5 easy steps to Follow!

Cool thanks!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #3

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: A Guide to being a Great Poster! (And Post AWESOME Posts!) -Only 5 easy steps to Follow!

No Problem! I hope it helped!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
t w i l i g h t
Gift Trainee

kinzluvor will become famous soon enough

Nice thread! I think that this desveres a rep for you.
kinzluvor is offline Female
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #5

Thank you so much!!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

This is a nice thread...
but i kinda disagree with some of the things..
you DONT need to capatilze EVERYTHING and ONLY the things you ARE supposed to capatilize.. also ;; no need to have correct bolding ... i don't really think it effects the sentence..
every post DOES NOT need to be perfect ...
We're not in school...
but otherwise great guide
Old 12-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

great thread reputation for you Strawberry Jam!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Closed