Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Default Guide to being a good trader in the gift exchange!

Hi, I'm Lea, and I'm here to help you become an all-around better trader in the Gift Exchange [fondly nick-named the GE]! If you're reading this, then I'm assuming you are already a Gift Trainee or ranked higher. If not, check out -Lilypad's guide on how to become one!

Here's the link: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t293350.html

• To start, when in the GE, you should ALWAYS be polite&&kind! Nobody wants to trade with a meanie! Make sure you always say please and thank you when posting interest on somebody else's GE, and be kind to them when they post on yours!
  • Make your GE neat and easy to read. Categorize your items in headers by what they are (i.e.: an exclusive would go under the exclusive header, a curio shop item under the CSO header, etc.) When you're done trading an item, take it off your list. If an item that you no longer have/no longer desire is crossed out like this on your thread, it makes it confusing for others to make an offer that is suitable to both parties. Update your GE often so other members and yourself don't get confused. Always make sure to include the date&&time in the title of your thread! To do this, click on the first post created and hit "modify." Then hit "go advanced," add what you need to add in the title, and wha-la!
  • It always helps to give rep after a good trade, or make your wrapping paper nice. Why not throw in a few nice extras in your package? I mean, do you really need all those extra daisy clips laying around? A few good suggestions for extras are PSFs, coupons, recipe foods, or w-shop items! I'm not saying you are required to do any of this, but it is appreciated!
  • Sometimes people prefer it when you offer to add them. I know this may sound weird, but usually I ask for their user name instead of giving them mine. Of course, I always let them know what my ID is in advance, so they know who they are adding.
  • When you are done making a trade, delete the other user off of your phone! Don't worry, it won't seem mean; the other person will understand that you are just doing this to save space. If somebody hacks you, it'll be easier to tell who did it than if you have more people, and it also lowers your risk of being stolen from!
  • When somebody has a nice GE, give them a 5 star rating! (Same with a good trade; give feedback according to how smoothly the trade went.) You would want them to do the same for you, right?
  • Don't scam!! (i.e.: promise to give a gift and never send it.) It's against the rules! You could get banned for doing that,a nd how would you like it to happen to you? You should also always be fair. (Example: My mouse PSI for your clydesdale PSI=Fair. My mouse PSI for your tea service=Unfair!) Use the WIGEV to set values on your items, so you and the other person both are ensured a fair trade! Here is the link: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t141017.html
  • If somebody has more trades than you, you have to send first. It's just to ensure safety; somebody who has less trades is newer to the GE, and less likely to scam you!

And last but not least: Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you liked my tips! If there is something you feel needs added, please post here and I will add it to the list! I hope I helped somebody out there.

--Lea

View Post Originally Posted by momwhoplays
These are great tips, thanks. One point I will add. When you add someone to your phone & then log off, sometimes when you log on you will get a message, "so and so has been added to your friends list. You have been added to theirs," or something like this. But sometimes you don't get ths message. So be sure & check your phone, to see if someone has been onww & accepted your invitation.

Also, to be organized for a trade, I have a spreadsheet in MS word, w/ columns on what needs to be done & for whom. This really helps me. Find the organizational system that works best for you. Some peoile use a notebook.

Thands for this thread
If you have anything to say, say it! I'll post it up here.

Last edited by Lea; 07-23-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lea is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Guide to being a good trader in the gift exchange!

I can't believe that didn't help anyone.
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
hey I'm
Gifted

lemonlime is on a distinguished road

It helped me alot don't be sad this is the coolest thread ever I rate it Five star !!!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Lea
Gift Guru

Oh, thanks, I'm glad it helped SOMEBODY.
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
Amanda ♥

I know I'm not a Gifted member here, but I'm owners/Trusted Traders on many many other fansites, almost all the rest! So I think this is great info!!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Lea
Gift Guru

Thanks Amanda. (You have permission to sticky this on WT is you want, or just repost it. )
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I really liked your guide Lea. I have to work on organizing my GE. All of the items are just listed in one long list. Thanks for the suggestions. Rep points and a rating coming your way!

And thank you to linking to my guide.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
Lea
Gift Guru

No problem -Lilypad!
Thanks for the rating&&rep!
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #9
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Great idea. One thing: I think you should include a link to the WIGEV in it, as every trader needs to look something up from time to time
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
Lea
Gift Guru

Thanks cocogirl! I included it! Thankz Pointz coming your way

---------- Lea added 921 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

Thanks everybody!

---------- Lea added 435 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

Wow! Five stars! How I only wish my GE had that many. xD
Just kidding. LOL, thanks guys!<3

Last edited by Lea; 07-21-2008 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lea is offline Female
Closed