Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
paws11kitty
Webkinz :)

paws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud of

Default The Great Guide to get People to Visit Your Shops

When I look around at places with shops, some of them fly and some of them flop.

Every shop owner wants to run a successful business so here's the perfect how-to for you to learn how to do it!

I say this as a proud owner of two successful shops.

Just follow these rules and you'll be booming with business in no time:

1. Find an interesting name. Some people like to go with those super long titles that would attract anyone's attention but really all you need to do is find something creative enough. I've seen emporiums and more. Just be inventive.

2. Be professional. The first post will tell the customer how much you care and the effort you'll put in. Don't just write "hi, this is my shop, i'll give you names/graphics so come". Introduce yourself, say why it was a great choice to pick your shop, give a form so you can do exactly what they want.

3. Be nice. People will always come if they know they will be treated with respect. It's just normal etiquette to do so anyways.

4. Get a big vocabulary. Yes, I guess it's not really mandatory but it will spice things up at your shop. whether you're rating something or just commenting on a post, different words will mix it up from the same old, same old.

5. Give them what they asked for. In name shops, if someone wanted a boy duck name, don't add any girl lemur names. For graphic shops, if someone wants an avatar with blue, don't give them a signature with pink. It's just common sense.

6. Give them variety. This mostly applies to name shops but others can go the etra mile by giving more than one option. For the names, give a longish list. And a longish list of good names, not things you would never dream of naming your pet.

7. Be efficient. don't waste time doing an order because the faster it is completed, the happier the customer is. Pretty simple stuff so I won't delve deeper.

8. Have proper grammar and spelling. PLEASE! It's not only healthy (in some sort of way) but it shows you care enough to use the right tense, spell a difficult word right or press the shift key for a capital letter.

9. Visit often. If you only check in once every few days, that will mean you might miss some requests and therefore lengthening the time they must hinder for the product of your work. In other words, it's not good to keep people waiting.

10. Be responsible. If you can't be there to man your shop, get someone else, like an employee, to. It won't be fair to the customers if they didn't know anyone would be there to help them out.

11. Advertise. The best way to get people in your shop is for them to realise that youe shop exists. Some easy ways to get it around is: put it in your siggie, word of mouth and great ratings. You do, however, have to follow the rules for ads like no spamming random people's threads, PMs or VMs.

12. this one isn't really a rule, it's more like a tip. But it's helpful, so use it! VM or PM your customer when their order is done. It's a way to make it easier for them to know so that they don't have to check over and over again or to remind them in case they forgot completely. Adding the link would facilitate it even more because in case they haven't subsrcibed, they wouldn't have to go searching through the long list of thread.

Well, that's all I have for now but if you have some suggestions to making this guide even better, feel free to share! After all, it's for the better ** all shop owners!

Hope this helps,

~paws11kitty
paws11kitty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #2

Phoebe2beme has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: The Great Guide to get People to Visit Your Shops

This is really good information.
Phoebe2beme is offline Female
Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Rhinostonesgurli

NHLbabydoll is on a distinguished road

Great suggestions.*(: I > d e f i n i t e l y < agree with the spelling and grammar rule, it really bothers me when people don't spell correctly! We go to school for a reason, you know? Anyway, awesome ideas, I'm going to use these in the future. Rated. ^^
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
paws11kitty

paws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Phoebe2beme
This is really good information.
Thanks!

I did my best

View Post Originally Posted by NHLbabydoll
Great suggestions.*(: I > d e f i n i t e l y < agree with the spelling and grammar rule, it really bothers me when people don't spell correctly! We go to school for a reason, you know? Anyway, awesome ideas, I'm going to use these in the future. Rated. ^^
i'm glad someone else is a grammar freak like me!

i'd love for this to be a help to you!

Last edited by paws11kitty; 07-31-2009 at 09:50 AM..
paws11kitty is offline Female
Old 08-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Mhig

mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!

Wow paws!! This is ah-mazing!! The tips really helped and I think I am feeling good enough to open up another name and rate shop!!Rated and Reppy point for you!!
mhig is offline Female
Old 08-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Great guide! These rules are really helpful! LOL, you should make one for customers too, on how to order at shops, and how to stay polite ... a/s makers like me would really appreciate it.
Anyways, repp 4 you!
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Begin to live. ♥
Gift Guru

Seahorse knows the way
Seahorse knows the waySeahorse knows the waySeahorse knows the way

Very nice! I'm sure it will help a lot of people!
Seahorse is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

Yes, I think you did a good job on your guide also 5 stars!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
ilovesummer's sis

softball monkey has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. You are so nice, and helpful.
softball monkey is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
Sonic is more than
Gifted

zatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond repute

Smile Re: The Great Guide to get People to Visit Your Shops

Awesome guide!! I already do some of those things, such as using correct grammer and VMing my customers when their order is done.
zatcat101 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito