Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Wink GIMP How-to! :)

Hey people.

I was hearing that GIMP was getting more popular, and so I just wanted to post a little guide about it!

[Here's the link to download it: http://www.gimp.org/ ]

INDEX OF TOOLBAR

I know that the tool bar is confusing [ It took me a week to figure it all out! ] so this part of the thread will be about that.

Just find out what sloppy letter [xP] is the icon you want to know about and then scrol down and read the description.

Click the image to open in full size.

1. Capture the part of the pic you want inside this, right click, click 'File' and then click 'Save As' to save it.
2. Same thing as one, but for a circle.
3. [ Info Coming ]
4. [ Info Coming ]
5. You can use this to highlight a certain area or color, and then if you fill it in it will add texture.
6. [ Info Coming ]
7. This is used to bring foreground objects to the front.
8. This is used to make curved lines.
9. This is used to get the exact color from the picture you have. Just click on this icon, and then click on the color you want and instantly that exact shade will be in your color palette.
10. This is used to zoom in and out.
11. This is used to measure angles.
12. This is used to move the current layer.
13. This icon is used to align layers.
14. this is used to crop your picture.
15. This turns the part of the picture you want turned.
16. This can make things a bigger scale or a smaller scale.
17. This can bed your picture. Just rotate your mouse around the center or the picture to move it.
18. This does the same thing as 17 only at a corner.
19. This flips the whole canvas.
20. You use this to add text.
21. This can fill in a whole color.
22. This tool makes a blend of two colors.
23. This is a basic pencil tool.
24. This is the paintbrush, it has many different styles, just click the little circle symbol to view them.
25. This is the eraser.
26. This tool makes a path of the same color you have up, but in a lighter shade.
27. This is another type of paintbrush.
28. [ Info Coming ]
29. [Info Coming ]
30. This modifies the perspective.
31. This sharpens and blurs the quality of the picture.
32. This tool smudges whatever it rolls over, size adjustable.
33. [ Info Pending ]
34. This is where you choose the color you want.

USEFUL FEATURES

Here I'm going to put in some useful things that I use every day.

Now, when you go to the paintbrush feature [number 24 ] a screen like this will come up.

Then you click on the little ring of feih [xD] I made and this will come up.

On there you can make a lot of cool paint brush prints that really really come in handy, here's a sample pic.

That thing that says calligraphy spelled wrong was written with a calligraphy pen. They're really fun to use and the whole top layer of the little pop up box is al calligraphy pens. Then, below it is a bunch of round pens, and then at the very bottom there are a bunch of [My favorites] are oddball pattern ones, you can see what they look like also on the sloppy pic above.

:}

Last edited by FOREIGN; 12-31-2008 at 09:03 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
luv14webkinz

Default Re: GIMP How-to! :)

thanks a bunch! i am gonna bookmark this and use it! thank u very much!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I've heard of GIMP, but I don't know how to get it. My friend told me it was a download, free. Could you please tell me where to get it? I like this guide, it seems very detailed
Old 12-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
My dog likes
Webkinz :)

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

This is very handy, thank you so much!! I'm a beginner, and I only know how to do one thing.

---------- Tango added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Wolf814
I've heard of GIMP, but I don't know how to get it. My friend told me it was a download, free. Could you please tell me where to get it? I like this guide, it seems very detailed
My dad downloaded it for me, but yes, your friend is right. It's free. That's why I have this instead of photoshop. XD

Last edited by Tango; 12-30-2008 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Tango is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
Rachelx91294
Gifted

RachelxXx is just really niceRachelxXx is just really nice

Hmm wow thanks for the tip :]]
RachelxXx is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Wolf814
I'll put the link on the first post.

---------- |>Foreign<| added 538 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

Oops, I just realized I posted the wrong link! xP I changed it to the right thing now.

Last edited by FOREIGN; 12-31-2008 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #7

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

Cool thread! Rep.

But unfortunately, I'm not allowed to download GIMP (my mom- no idea why).

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #8

leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!

how do people like u put brushes into their work all perfectly and whatnot? do u just have to master it, or what?
leah_hope93 is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
zboy3100
Gifted

zboy3100 will become famous soon enough

I never heard of GIMP until now
Closed