I was hearing that GIMP was getting more popular, and so I just wanted to post a little guide about it!
[Here's the link to download it: http://www.gimp.org/
] INDEX OF TOOLBAR
I know that the tool bar is confusing [ It took me a week to figure it all out!
] so this part of the thread will be about that.
Just find out what sloppy letter [xP] is the icon you want to know about and then scrol down and read the description.
1. Capture the part of the pic you want inside this, right click, click 'File' and then click 'Save As' to save it.
2. Same thing as one, but for a circle.
3. [ Info Coming ]
4. [ Info Coming ]
5. You can use this to highlight a certain area or color, and then if you fill it in it will add texture.
6. [ Info Coming ]
7. This is used to bring foreground objects to the front.
8. This is used to make curved lines.
9. This is used to get the exact color from the picture you have. Just click on this icon, and then click on the color you want and instantly that exact shade will be in your color palette.
10. This is used to zoom in and out.
11. This is used to measure angles.
12. This is used to move the current layer.
13. This icon is used to align layers.
14. this is used to crop your picture.
15. This turns the part of the picture you want turned.
16. This can make things a bigger scale or a smaller scale.
17. This can bed your picture. Just rotate your mouse around the center or the picture to move it.
18. This does the same thing as 17 only at a corner.
19. This flips the whole canvas.
20. You use this to add text.
21. This can fill in a whole color.
22. This tool makes a blend of two colors.
23. This is a basic pencil tool.
24. This is the paintbrush, it has many different styles, just click the little circle symbol to view them.
25. This is the eraser.
26. This tool makes a path of the same color you have up, but in a lighter shade.
27. This is another type of paintbrush.
28. [ Info Coming ]
29. [Info Coming ]
30. This modifies the perspective.
31. This sharpens and blurs the quality of the picture.
32. This tool smudges whatever it rolls over, size adjustable.
33. [ Info Pending ]
34. This is where you choose the color you want. USEFUL FEATURES
Here I'm going to put in some useful things that I use every day.
Now, when you go to the paintbrush feature [number 24 ] a screen like this will come up.
Then you click on the little ring of feih [xD] I made and this will come up.
On there you can make a lot of cool paint brush prints that really really come in handy, here's a sample pic.
That thing that says calligraphy spelled wrong was written with a calligraphy pen. They're really fun to use and the whole top layer of the little pop up box is al calligraphy pens. Then, below it is a bunch of round pens, and then at the very bottom there are a bunch of [My favorites] are oddball pattern ones, you can see what they look like also on the sloppy pic above.