Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
gmarita
Gifted

gmarita is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Gardening Question

Is there a reason why some plants (like the strawberries and carrots) havest more than others. I recently planted a garden and found that even though all of the things were planted at the same time and tended the exact same way, some of the plants yielded 1 while other yielded 5. I understand that the pumpkin and watermelon will only havest one each time. But, what if anything determines how many strawberries for example. Is it a totally random thing, or is there some trick to make the plant produce more?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Gilligan1
Webkinz :)
belindab is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Gardening Question

Not sure but a good question. I was wondering if it had something to do with if you take care of it each day or skip a day could affect the yeald.

On another note I sometimes have a problem with the corn sometimes it works sometimes it dies or gets stuck and won't grow or accept water etc. I have to dig it up and start again.

Weird eh???
Old 01-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
FabulousFurryFrkBros
Gifted

stuporg is on a distinguished road

The ones that have a harvest range typically give the average of the high and low.

So for example, the strawberry give between 1 and 5, and you'll get three on average. Same for the carrots that range from 1 to 4, you'll average 2.5 in the long run.

StuporG
Old 01-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
KilgoreTrout
kithrupfugitive is a jewel in the roughkithrupfugitive is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by gmarita
Is there a reason why some plants (like the strawberries and carrots) havest more than others. I recently planted a garden and found that even though all of the things were planted at the same time and tended the exact same way, some of the plants yielded 1 while other yielded 5. I understand that the pumpkin and watermelon will only havest one each time. But, what if anything determines how many strawberries for example. Is it a totally random thing, or is there some trick to make the plant produce more?
Hello:

Each plant type has a different growth cycle, as well as different potential crop yields. Here are the stats:

Cabbage: Up to 2 items per harvest; growth cycle - 9 days
Carrots: Up to 3 items per harvest; growth cycle - 8 days
Corn: Up to 4 items per harvest; growth cycle 10 days
Pumpkin: 1 item per harvest; growth cycle - 7 days
Strawberries: Up to 5 items per harvest (W Shop says 4, but actiual experience shows 5); growth cycle 10 days
Tomatoes: Up to 5 items per harvest; growth cycle 12 days
Watermelon: 1 item per harvest; growth cycle 7 days

The only things that will cause the growth cycle to vary is allowing an entire day to pass with a plant in need of weeding (sets you back 1 day for each unattended day that passes until the plant dies and must be replanted); digging the plant up, or moving the plant to your dock and then replanting.

As for crop yields, for crops that can yield more than 1 item per harvest, it is random.

There is a lot of good information available here as well: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...it-t71000.html

Hope this helped. Good luck, and happy gardening!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
gmarita
Gifted

gmarita is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, that was very helpful, thanks so bunch. My main concern was if the yield was random, or if maybe I just got a "bad" pack of seed...lol. When I bought my first plants (one of each) I never seemed to get anymore than 1 tomato each time. Now that I have a whole yard devoted to a garden, the same types of plants yield differently. Also, the weeds grow at different times so it got me to thinking, is it because of something I'm doing, or is the pack of seeds set to do different things at different times.... not sure if that makes any sense.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
KilgoreTrout
kithrupfugitive is a jewel in the roughkithrupfugitive is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by gmarita
Also, the weeds grow at different times so it got me to thinking, is it because of something I'm doing, or is the pack of seeds set to do different things at different times.... not sure if that makes any sense.
Yes, I think I understand what you are saying. The only thing that I've heard of/seen that makes "more" weeds appear is choosing only to rake, instead of raking plants that need it and watering all plants daily (i.e., a garden that is only raked appears to have a higher occurrence of weeds). Most folks on here find that the extra raking is more than made up for by the time saved by not watering. Their experience also suggests that crop yield are not materially diminished by raking only.
Closed