Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #41
grandmai
Gift Guru

Grandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: Garden Profit!!!!

Thanks Jen I will do that.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #42
honeydue
Banned
RareCollector xox 216 is an unknown quantity at this point

I save up the food i harvest until i have a lot of them (around 6-12) then i sell them until i have about 3 left of each---today i made about 300 KC when i sold them
Old 07-21-2007, 09:17 AM   #43
grandmai
Gift Guru

Grandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I just realized that all of us need to let Ganz know we want sprinklers, Fertilizers, the dirt turning dark when watered so we don't need the ruler. How about different seeds and fruit trees and bushes we can harvest. If they get lots of request they will take it more seriously. I just post these on my webkinz accounts now you do it also if you would like this
Carolyn
Old 07-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #44
agentLucy
Gift Guru

agentLucy will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info. It seems I have more than enough veggies at the moment so I think I'll start selling!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #45
Gifted

Tree Frog is on a distinguished road

Cool! *Rushes onto WW to plant a garden*
Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 AM   #46
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Jenrain
But each harvest of strawberries, corn and carrots produces multiple produce, so you break even after the first or second harvest on those.
No, the profits don't start that quickly on any of the Farm Fresh foods.

Those multi-yield veggies take longer to grow and also sell for less at the W Shop.

All of the different yields, growing times and sale prices end up producing fairly close profits for the different veggies. I will spare you the boring numbers, but carrots and strawberries earn the fastest money by a little bit.

But, all of these veggies will show a profit on their 4th harvest and not before that!!!
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 07-23-2007, 03:58 AM   #47
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by amelia
I have quite a few veggies growing, but I think I need to rev it up a bit.....sounds like tomatoes, carrots and strawberries are the way to go.....is there one veggie/fruit that has a tendency to need raking or is it random....anyone?

Myself and my three kids all have gardens, and as far as I can tell, it is completely random for weeds.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 AM   #48
Webkinz :)

Snow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all around

I have to disagree with you Bert as saying that carrots have the best yield rate. I harvested my carrots and out of 19 plants I got $296 in cash. I harvested my strawberries which at times would give me 5 per plant (even though it said up to 4) and got back $544 in cash with 29 plants. The carrots average out at 15.57 per carrot verses strawberries which average out at 18.76 per strawberry. Strawberries will give you more cash and yield then carrots in the long run. I also know that you will have to wait two days longer to harvest. I also want to add that 5 carrots plants only gave me one and 4 of my plants only gave me 3 and the rest gave me 2.
View Post Originally Posted by BERT_X
It's great to see that so many people have gotten bitten by the gardening bug.

But, have you started to wonder if it is really worth the effort? I asked myself that and have got some figures to answer that question.

Over the last 7 days, I have averaged just under 12 minutes a day inspecting, weeding, watering, harvesting and selling from my garden plot. It has produced an average of 154 kinz cash per day when sold at the W Shop.

Income for my time spent works out to about 13 kinz cash per minute. Almost all of the Webkinz arcade games pay out less than that except to the very best players in a very few games.

So, gardening for profit does work!! Maybe you won't get rich quick (it will take about 4 weeks just to recover the original seed cost), but the money does add up. I'm making almost 1000 kc a week.

By the way, here is a pic of my garden. I planted mostly carrots because they have the best yield rate. Also, put in just enough of others to only block one of the door ways.

Hope this convinces a few more to get into the "gardening for profit" idea.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #49
pm for it
Gift Guru

WebkinzMomX2 has a spectacular aura about

Wow...I can't believe all the figuring you guys do to come up with crop profits! It's like a math lesson made fun!!

Hmmmm...might have to try that out with our gardens
Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #50
stickytoes123
Webkinz :)
lolly523 is an unknown quantity at this point

strawberry plants earn you the most money if you water them everyday, and pumpkins and watermelons earn you the least
Closed