Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #11
4 Accts, please ask
Gift Guru

Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: First Foods Harvested!!!! w/2 Pics (NOT the same as WShop)

View Post Originally Posted by sylvenmaid
Have you ever seen real plants from a garden? They aren't that pretty like in stores and you wouldn't want to overwater it. I think once a day is just right. It wouldn't speed up the process and too much water will make a plant sick and die. I know this is webkinz but it's very similar to the care you would give a plant in real life.

Thanks for sharing and showing the difference. Those garden ones look so much nicer to me not to mention bigger than Wshop fruits/veggies.

I do know you can cook with them. I'm not sure on the health/hunger differences yet but I hear it's more points for the pet. It will be interesting and hope someone writes down their findings if they do experiment. I might take that challenge once I actually harvest some plants first.
Yes, when i went to Spain, in high school, it was amazing how different the fruits and vegetables looked in the store and that there were no bright orange, flawless, completely spherical oranges like people tend to want in America.. thye all looked real, like farm fresh or home grown food and tasted better than our supermarket foods! Even the Fanta Orange Soda looked totally different, more of a lighter yellowy-orange and tasted more like fruit than artifical flavoring!

Once my pets get hungry enough I'll start experimenting!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #12
sylvenmaid
Gift Guru

sylvenmaid will become famous soon enough

I wished I lived closer to orchards and pick-it farms. I'm actually considering getting a couple of chickens for the eggs. We live in a rural area with over a 1/2 acre of land so we could have a small farm. No other animals since a couple of small chix would be plenty. LOL! My inlaws are sugar cane farmers and they used to have livestock years ago. Not anymore but my hubby tells me all these neat stories about his childhood. They still do a huge veggie garden and lots of fruit trees. We get satsumas from him and they aren't that pretty. But they taste oh so good.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 AM   #13
4 Accts, please ask
Gift Guru

Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!

We do have a bunch of orchards and u-pick places near us, but it's far from an agricultural region. We loved visiting with my mother's uncle who was across from a HUGE orchard/farm!

A lot of people around here will get a few chicken for the eggs if they are zoned for it.. there's actually remnants of a horse paddock and I think chicken coop in our yard... but the marshlands encroached on it before we bought the house! However, the 2 horse stable is a great shed! And there is a very small local dairy where you can watch the cows get milked, trade old for fresh glass milk bottles, and buy the most adorable chicken eggs in every imaginable natural color!

If you look at my pet's names and you searched online you'd know a few names of our pets/rooms are Korean... my husband was raised on a farm in a very poor mountainous area of S Korea... no electricity even. I've heard tales of him sneaking fresh watermelon from the ground on his way to school! But he doesn't have any special fondness for produce of any kind!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:06 AM   #14
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Mine were ready to be harvested too! Here's a pic of them in my dock:

I took them to the w-shop to see what they were worth, and got a price of $12 each, so I guess that means they're actually worth $24 each.

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Old 06-27-2007, 01:18 AM   #15
Gift Guru

taygav is on a distinguished road

[quote=Momma;324616]Isn't is awesome! I haven't tested them for a hunger point comparison yet, or if they can be used in recipes.... but I did add another photo of them in my daughter's garden right next to decorative pumpkins!

Yes you can use them in a recipe because when my daughter harvested hers today also it said that they will be replanted and she can use them in the stove blender to make recipes so enjoy!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #16
fergie

OMG the same happened to me
Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
Webkinz :)
katie88x is an unknown quantity at this point

that is so coooooool
Old 07-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #18
Gift Guru

the.original.webkinz is on a distinguished road

They sell for like $12 and the pets say stuff like "farm fresh food tastes better" or "the food is better when you farm it yourself!" it's so cute.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #19
Webkinz :)

cookiekid15 is on a distinguished road

wicked cool!!!!
cookiekid15 is offline Male
Old 07-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #20
sylvenmaid
Gift Guru

sylvenmaid will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Waltkins
This is just me but make a business! Buy a lot of seeds and over time after you harvest the fruits, sell them! I do it and you gain a lot of extra money! And it's not cheating! Umm. . . in real life where do you go to buy fruits and vegetables. . . AT THE STORE!!!!!
This is exactly what I am doing right now. I have 4 gardens at the moment. My first one is mixed (all 7 plants) and I have 85 plants in that yard. I am selling $144-200/day right now from those plants. I just planted some more this weekend so those won't harvest until next week. I started my other 3 this week. 100 strawberry plants, 50/50 watermelon & pumpkins, and in my last garden is 50/50 cabbage & carrots. My strawberry patch will yield the highest profits (I am getting up to 5 on some plants). It says up to 4 but I got 5 today and 3 days ago as well as my hubby. Weird?!

I am getting a free pet card in my box of cards so I'm opening my second accout with that one. That house will be strictly full of gardens. I figured (loosely since it's random on some of the plants) that I can profit $6K/week. This is a really good average based on middle of the row numbers. Some weeks a little more and others a little less but this is a great average. I can get about $22-24K a month in profits and it will only take me about a month to make back the money I spent in seeds and yards. I will post more definite numbers in a couple of weeks once all my plants have been harvested. Strawberries do take 10 days to harvest but I'm doing 10 rows of 10 plants and planting 1-2 rows a day so that way I will have something to harvest daily.

The best foods to make with really high points are health juice, stir fry, and stuffed leafy melon. Health juice with your own carrots and watermelon is 12 hunger pts! Stir fry is 14 but it's the same as wshop ingredients but the stuffed melon gives you 15 hunger pts! I like health juice the most since it's only $5 to buy an apple. It's cheap and great for the pets. I try to keep my hunger in the high 90's and feed them when they get in mid to high 80's.
Closed