Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
4 Accts, please ask
Gift Guru

Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!

Talking First Foods Harvested!!!! w/2 Pics (NOT the same as WShop)

I grabbed my seed packets the moment that they became available and today two of my plants were harvestable!!!

I received 1 Watermelon (looks different than the W Shop ones) with a message that I am being replanted and can harvest again in 7 days! And 1 Pumpkin (again, looks different) with the same message! However... I only planted these 6 days ago!

Here's a photo... the farm fresh goodies are on the left and the WShop items on the right, in my outdoor cooler! And another photo of the same pair in my daughter's garden! I put decorative pumpkins, in both sizes, in front of the farm fresh ones so that you can gauge the size... please note that the pumpkin and watermelon are the only ripe items, 1 of each, the rest of her plants are decorative or aren't ripe yet... not all planted at the same time!

Attached Images
File Type: jpgFarmVsWShop.jpg (53.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpgFarmRipeVines.jpg (100.4 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Momma; 06-26-2007 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: adding photo
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: First Foods Harvested!!!! w/Pic (NOT the same as WShop)

Ohhh that's to cool can't wait to see mine thanks so much for the pictures.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Sambina73
Gift Guru

sambina73 is a glorious beacon of lightsambina73 is a glorious beacon of light

WONDERFUL. I think the garden veggies look much yummier! How fantastic. Thank you for posting the pics!!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
For KAF, an angel
Gift Guru

hisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to behold

Great pics! Thanks for posting them! I look forward to a good harvest.
hisgrace24 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
Gifted

infoarch is on a distinguished road

Mine, too!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #6
4 Accts, please ask
Gift Guru

Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: First Foods Harvested!!!! w/2 Pics (NOT the same as WShop)

Isn't is awesome! I haven't tested them for a hunger point comparison yet, or if they can be used in recipes.... but I did add another photo of them in my daughter's garden right next to decorative pumpkins!

Awesome garden infoarch!

View Post Originally Posted by sambina73
WONDERFUL. I think the garden veggies look much yummier! How fantastic. Thank you for posting the pics!!

Haha, yes they look yummier to me... but I can see my kids calling them bumpy, etc! They are more European/Organic yummy looking and not the American polished and w/o flaw food like the W Shop version, even though they are tinier haha!

Last edited by Momma; 06-26-2007 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #7
4 Accts, please ask
Gift Guru

BTW, did you all know that right after you rake, you can water the same spot? Sometimes it will tell you no... water another veggie and come back to it

Can't wait for the kids to wake up and see their crops! I watered but didn't harvest!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:44 PM   #8
4 Accts, please ask
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by runxawaysmile
yeah it told me too water again.
im so mad you cant water it more than once a day!
Sigh, I know! Wouldn't it be nice if we were only *required* to tend to it once per day, but had that 8 hr option like in the Employment Office!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #9
Jzminbnee,Jzmin
Gift Guru

jzminbnee will become famous soon enough

Great Picts! Big and Beautiful Veggies!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #10
sylvenmaid
Gift Guru

sylvenmaid will become famous soon enough

Have you ever seen real plants from a garden? They aren't that pretty like in stores and you wouldn't want to overwater it. I think once a day is just right. It wouldn't speed up the process and too much water will make a plant sick and die. I know this is webkinz but it's very similar to the care you would give a plant in real life.

Thanks for sharing and showing the difference. Those garden ones look so much nicer to me not to mention bigger than Wshop fruits/veggies.

I do know you can cook with them. I'm not sure on the health/hunger differences yet but I hear it's more points for the pet. It will be interesting and hope someone writes down their findings if they do experiment. I might take that challenge once I actually harvest some plants first.
Closed