Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
stay_beautiful

Default Find a rumor that will get everyone talking! Your complete guide to finding it, claiming it, and posting it!

Your Complete Guide to Finding a Rumor, Detective-Style!
How great would it feel if you found a rumor that got everyone talking? You see how WI posts finds on the front page; so imagine how great it would feel to see you name there? Here are a few simple tips and tricks to finding a rumor that will get everyone talking!

Look Here…
Here are some places to look for pictures or evidence of a new Webkinz or feature.

My Page
Sometimes Ganz posts pics of a new Webkinz by mistake in the my Page area. It is usually under the “My Favorite Pets” button.

Webkinz Trading Cards
Same as My Page, Ganz might put new pics of Webkinz in by mistake. Check the puzzles of Webkinz in the Trading Card packs you have. Try and look at the stickers. See anything unusual? An unidentified Webkinz hidden? A new item of some sort?
EXAMPLE:
parakeet515.JPG

The Tags Attached to Your Plush Webkinz
Sometimes the tag on your plushie might identify it as something else. It is most likely a name of a future Webkinz!
EXAMPLE:
purplegoldfish.JPG

Webkinz Profiles
When you look at your Webkinz profile, it tells you a lot about your Webkinz. But sometimes it will tell you about rumors! Check which Webkinz is your Webkinz’s buddy. Is it the name of something that hasn’t come out?
EXAMPLE:
gh.jpg

Places to Avoid…
Here are a few places that can show pictures of Webkinz, but they are most likely to be fakes

Google Images
Google is a very popular search engine, but the images there are no help at all. Sometimes Google might post a Neopet under the search for a new Webkinz. Watch out!

Any Unofficial / Unpopular Webkinz Fan Sites / Forums
Places that are unofficial and unpopular are like that for a reason: they have inaccurate info, boring features, and nothing to do. Watch out for “Webkinz Fan Clubs” from freewebs and other website making places. These are probably not in touch with Ganz like WI and K o o t y Kinz

How To Know if a Picture is Inaccurate
Before you post, make sure that this pic is believable

It Doesn’t Look Like Something Ganz Would Make
Look at it. Does it look like a Pokemon? Is there already one made by Ganz? Can it be easily Photoshopped? This stuff can get you negative responses and no credit.
EXAMPLES:
images.jpg

It Appears on a Beanie Baby / Neopets / etc. Site
Where did you get this image? If it looks like something a different plush company would make, check the products of Beanie Babies & Neopets. See the same photo there? Yep, it’s a fake.

How to Get People To Click on Your Thread
The only way a rumor will be popular is by the opinion of the viewers!

Post a Picture
Don’t just say that you found a photo of a new Webkinz! Post a picture for evidence. People love that, and it will get some chatting going on!

Make the Title Simple and Calm
Don’t yell your discovery out! Put a simple title, it will make you seem serious and professional. People don’t like it when someone freaks out about it. It seems very amateur-ish. And don’t put “Click Here”, “Look What I found”, “A New Webkinz”. Put what you found on the title. That will get at least 20% more people clickin’.

Type Like a Pro
Put reasons why you think this is a Webkinz, and why it might come out. Give some other evidence, like a PSI & PSF unclaimed by any other Webkinz. Plus, don’t scribble scrabble you words. Make sure every word is spelled correctly.

Don’t Hotlink!
It’s against the rules, and FIA will take your picture away. And when people find out, they probably won’t be coming to you for rumors next time.

…But give the Website address
People want some backup on this picture you found. If it comes from a real Website and labeled the same thing you labeled it, people will trust you. People want to see for themselves!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Find a rumor that will get everyone talking! Your complete guide to finding it, claiming it, and posting it!

Thanks for the great tips! What a well thoughtout and put together guide!!!
Rejewal is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
PookyBear2007
Gifted

PookyBear2007 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Find a rumor that will get everyone talking! Your complete guide to finding it, claiming it, and posting it!

Great Tips! I am often in the Rumor Mill Section so this should be helpful when looking to post a rumor! Rep point to you!
PookyBear2007 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
i think imma
Webkinz :)

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this! Rep!
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
fashionista♥

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

Fabulous guide! I never thought about half of those tips!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #6

karrotkake is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice and well written. This may come in handy! Very good!
karrotkake is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
montanarose9

Yes, I found something on my trading card. Some recipe food but I don't know if it's solved.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:47 AM   #8
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

That's a good guide!! Thanks for posting it.

I disagree with this;
Quote:
Ganz might put new pics of Webkinz in by mistake.
I think that Ganz slips us hints intentionally...it's their way of giving us a sneak peak
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
ant A Shiba Inu in 2

ilovecockers is on a distinguished road

This is sure to be helpful, I would love to help out because I like finding out about new Webkinz right here on WI.
ilovecockers is offline Male
Old 01-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
A happy

coupon12 is a jewel in the roughcoupon12 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info!!! REP!!!
coupon12 is offline Male
Closed