Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
.: I'm En :.
Webkinz :)

♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!

Default Dream Blend - A graphic tutorial by Energie - For medium and advanced graphic makers - Mostly Photoshop, but works on GIMP

Hello guys! Click the image to open in full size.
This is a Blend tutorial.
Title says pretty much everything.

So, today, we'll be making this blend:

Click the image to open in full size.

Honestly, it's pretty easy.

So let's start by the resources!

Cloud texture 1

Cloud texture 2

Castle Stock

Lily Collins Photoshoot

Background Texture

Moon Stock

Nebula Stock

Rose Stock

That's all our resources

Now, let's start

Step 1

Open up a 800x600 canvas on Photoshop (or whatever you use). Take the background texture and paste it in. Take Cloud Texture 1 and et this layer on Overlay 75%.

Step 2

Now, create a new transparent layer, take a big soft round brush scaled to something like 200, and paint a big circle with the color #ffff00 in the middle. Paint a little bit in the corners, and set the layer to Soft Light 100%.

Step 3

Take the Castle Stock, and paste it somewhere between the left top corner and the middle. With a soft round eraser, erase the corners so it kinda blends in. Set the layer to Multiply 100%.

Step 4

Take the Nebula Stock and paste it on your blend. Resize it and erase the corners so it blends in. Set the layer on Screen 100%. I placed it near my castle stock.

Step 5

Woo hoo! One of my favorite parts: the model. But the longest step as well xD Open up your photoshoot and take the sitting Lily Collins in the green dress (or the model you decided to use). You don't need to resize that picture, it's already the good size. Take the pen tool (also known as paths tool) or the free select tool (also know as lasso tool). Zoom your canvas to 300% (or more) and make small paths. Feather by 3. Cut the background out. Do the same with the other picture, but with the other picture, you'll need to resize it and duplicate the layer. Place the medium sized model in front of the biggest model pic, and the small one, on her head. If it doesn't look really nice in the bottom, it isn't really important because we're going to add some clouds there anyway. <3

Step 6

So yeah, as I said at the end of Set 5, we're going to add some clouds at the bottom. Take Cloud Texture 1 and paste it.

Step 7

Woot, almost finished with the base! Now, just take the Rose Stock and paste it next to the model pictures. Erase the background with a big soft round brush. I like soft blending for stocks Click the image to open in full size. And finally, take your Moon Stock and paste it on top, above the model's head. Set it on Screen 100% and erasing around the edges isn't really necessary here.

Step 8

Guess what? Our base is finished! Now, it's time for the text.
This isn't exactly a step lol...
But I used the font Respective (Slanted) for the big text, and Myriad Pro for the small text.
This is how my graphic looks like without the coloring:

Step 9

YAY! Coloring! One of my favorite steps as well Click the image to open in full size.
If you use GIMP, I'm not sure if you can do this, because you need Selective Coloring, but you can always skip the Selective Coloring step and just use Color Balance.
So here is what I did for the coloring:

COLOR BALANCE 1

Shadows:

Midtones:

+58

Highlights:

+3

VIBRANCE 1

Vibrance: -21
Saturation: +8

SELECTIVE COLOR 1

Reds:
+12
+17
+11

Yellows:

+62

Greens:

+40
+100

Cyans:

+35

Blues:

Magentas:

+17
+13

Whites:

+100
+54
+30

Neutrals:

+3
+13

Blacks:

+13
+14

GRADIENT MAP 1

#000051 to #fffb93
Set the Gradient Map layer to Screen 15%.

CREATE A NEW TRANSPARENT LAYER

Make a gradient (Black to Transparent) and stroke it up from the bottom. Do you understand? xD

COLOR BALANCE 2

Shadows:
+34
+1

Midtones:

+33
+26

Highlights:

+10
+8

And voila! You're finished!

You should now have something like that:

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

Good luck! <3

Tips:

-Try to experiment, using other colors, other stocks, other models, etc.
-Be creative! Don't just copy the whole tutorial.
-Have fun!

Last edited by ♥ Energie ♥; 04-13-2012 at 05:56 PM..
♥ Energie ♥ is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #2

hugged has disabled reputation

Default Re: Dream Blend - A graphic tutorial by Energie - For medium and advanced graphic makers - Mostly Photoshop, but works on GIMP

I bow down to thee, mighty graphic maker,
and thank thee for this wonderful tutorial.
hugged is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
.: I'm En :.

♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!♥ Energie ♥ is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Dream Blend - A graphic tutorial by Energie - For medium and advanced graphic makers - Mostly Photoshop, but works on GIMP

View Post Originally Posted by hugged
I bow down to thee, mighty graphic maker,
and thank thee for this wonderful tutorial.
Excuse me, but I'm ROFLing in real life right now. xDDD
♥ Energie ♥ is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #4

guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds
guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds

OHMYGRAVYNOWICANMAKEAGRAPHICLIKENERGIETHANKYOUSOMUCH
guingal36 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #5

MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!

Here's how mine turned out:

MissSimplicity is offline Female
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #6

Dolphinheart is a creator of wonder
Dolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonder

Wow! I don't think I will make that but awesome guide! Energieisanawesomegraphicsmaker!
5 points if you can tell what i said.
Dolphinheart is offline Female
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Banned
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!

Wow En! That is amazing, congratulations!
And thank you.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #8

guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds
guingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no boundsguingal36 knows no bounds

Heh heh I made mine like exactly the same as yours since I don't have any other pictures and text to use... But thanks so much!
Mine turned out a little different, probably because I used GIMP.
click for full glory

Aw shoot I saved it as a .jpg instead of .png.
guingal36 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
Ink
¡ʎʞuI ɯI ¡ıH

Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!Ink is not just visiting!

Do you have Photoshop CS3? I'd like to try this, but I'm a beginner. :/
Ink is offline Female
Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #10

calypso is just really nicecalypso is just really nice

wow, this is fantastic!! i'm gonna try it with someone that i like.... i'll think about it!!!

thanks, you're AMAZING!!!!!
calypso is offline Female
Closed

Tags
-make this dream the, best i'll ever know!