: Before you can do this tutorial you have to download gimp. (:
it is an absolutely safe and free graphics program, comprable even to photoshop.
Here is where you can download it safely: www.gimp.org
Ok now for the tutorial.
So you're like me, and like to draw hair on webkinz pets?
Well, whether drawing hair on webkinz is just a way to pass time, or you draw hair on pets for a contest you host, or etc., it's pretty easy to get really good results. (:
Here is the starting process:
1. Go to the WI
picture gallery, and click the link for either pet items or pet foods. This will take you to a large list consisting of every webkinz pet's virtual picture.
2. Copy the pet of your choice.
(right click on the pet's photo, and go down to copy)
3. Open GIMP.
4. Go to edit > paste.
For my example, I'm using a Cream Soda Pup. Feel free to use whichever pet you wish.
Here is what your screen should look like:
5. Click CTRL+SHIFT+N
(or go to Layers>New Layer)
A "New Layer" box should appear.
In the height box, add 10 to the number that is listed there. That is to be sure to give us enough room when we go to draw the hair.
6. Next, click the
in your toolbox.
Afterwards, press your Up Arrow Key 10 times (no more no less!!!)
Then click Image>Autocrop Image.
Then Click Layers>Merge Down
Your picture should look like this:
7. If your Layers dialog has not been opened yet, you should open it. (:
Here is how to do so:
8. After your Layer Dialog is open, Create a new layer (CTRL+Shift+N or Layers>New Layer) and leave the settings alone, and just click ok.
Here's what your layer dialog should look like:
9. In your Layer Dialog, click the layer that has the picture of the pet you chose. After you click it, it should be highlighted blue.
10. If your pet has ears, choose your eraser tool and erase them up to the head like so:
11. Now it's time to draw the outline for your bangs!
First, choose a base color, and then choose a shade of that color that is slightly darker, and a shade of that color that is slightly lighter.
Choose the empty layer above the layer with your pet on it (it should be blue when you click on it)
On it, draw the shape of the hair you want with your base color. The brush you should select is the second smallest fuzzy brush.
12. Go over your bangs in streaks with the slightly darker shade of your base color.
13. Do the same thing with the lighter color.
14. Do the same thing, cycling between the base color, dark color, and light color until happy.
Use the smudge tool to blend colors.
There are other advanced styles you can used to make more complicatd styles that use more layers, and different techniques, etc. but that's the simple way.
Feel free to ask questions, and post your creations here.