Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Yay! I'm finally a
Webkinz :)

WebkinzLover531 has a spectacular aura about

Exclamation Don't be scammed in the trading room!

Ok so after some time of doing a little reasearch on my own, I found some scamming techniques used in the trading room that you'll want to avoid.
*The quick-switch*
I don't know if this is a very common one but sometimes the scammer will put up a very valuble/rare/exclusive item up and the person that is trading with the scammer might get really excited and put up one of there own valuble items and click the ready to trade item, then the scammer will quickly remove their valuble item and put in something that is not at all valuble and click ready to trade. Over the excitment the trader will end up trading there valuble item for a not-so valuble item.
Avoid this!
Don't get too excited! Before you're ready to click the button that accepts completly what you're trading, make sure it's the item you're trading for!
*Bullying*
Well sometimes (as mentioned on the thread StrawberryJam made) scammers will just be mean to you! I guess you couldn't say it's a scam, but their main objective is to bully you to give them that item.
If they start bullying you just leave!
*Scammers scam*
(Also in StrawberryJams thread, but this has happend to me a few times) Sometimes who you think is a scammer, really isn't a scammer! For example on time I put up one of exclusve items (hoping to get ine back) and so the person I was trading *** put up a swamp runner fan boat and said it was a rare item. I then asked her are you sure, and she sai yes because the previous person she traded with said it was a rare item! Well that was good because I then informed her that you can buy that a the W-shop, so no one else culd have this happen to them.
Make sure you now what you're trading for, it doesn't hurt to check the W-shop or guide to rare items!
Well, I hope this helps you, if you want a way better guide than this one check out StrawberryJams!
WebkinzLover531 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Don't be scammed in the trading room!

Great Guide! Very helpful! REP! (:
Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Don't be scammed in the trading room!

Good Guide! The Quick-Switch is the thing that people try the most on me. Then they just keep pushing ready to trade over and over, before you have the chance to put sad faces. I quit going into kinz chat plus because of the bullying. If I was wearing the charm forest tiara, people would bug me constantly to trade it. They would ask me to trade, but all they wanted was the tiara. When I told them I didn't want to trade that, but I had lots of other things, they would just call me mean and refuse to trade with me at all. Since I haven't been going in the plus lately, the only thing they can really do is the Quick-Switch. About 75 percent of the people I try to trade with does this.
Closed