Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Lightbulb The COMPLETE posting guide w/ pictures

Posting Guide

To add text in a little box, it is best to use the [CODE] tags. They can be accessed by pressing the spinning gear image next to the purple book and yellow speech bubble.

Code:
I'm in a code box!
To bold your text you use the [B] tags. The button for this is the yellow book, the first item in the second row down.
I'm bold, hence important!
I am right-aligned! You just need to press the button next to the center button.
To italicize text, use the [I] tags. They are good for made-up words, inner-thoughts, names that are not real words.
Guess what? I think that Wubly is an awsome game!
Hey I am centered! You just press the button with the long lines, then the short lines.
To underline your text, you use the [U] tags. This is good for less important information than bold, but still somewhat important information. The button for this is the green book next to the red book in the second row.
Look at me! I am underlined, and only a little important!

Click the image to open in full size.

To make a list:

To make a numbered list, you use[LIST=1]. To add an item to this list, you use[*]. The button for this is next to the bulleted list button, and the right-aligned button (its caption says "Order List")
  1. Lists are good for organizing information.
  2. I am another item within the list!
BUT if you want to make points, it is best to use a bulleted list (I know bulleted isn't a word.) They are made using[LIST]. You still need the[*]. The button for them is the next button to the right of the ordered list button, and to the left of the decrease indent button.
  • I am a bullet-pointed list!
To add a link, you use the [URL="website address here"] tags (use the full address.) The button for the is the little globe to the right of the globe with the x through it, ana the increase indent button.
Google - I am a link!

To add an email link, you use the [EMAIL="email name"] tags. The button for this is the little yellow envelope next to the landscape and the remove link button. Pkmn from kool.com

To insert an image, you use the [IMG] tags. The button for this is the little landscape next to the email button and the yellow text bubble button.

To quote someone or just anything, you use the [QUOTE] tags. The button for a quote is the yellow speech bubble next to the image button and the code button. If you want to quote a person you use [QUOTE="Person Name"].
Quote:
This is a quote.
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
A penny saved is a penny earned.

If for any reason you need to use html code in your post, you will need to use the [HTML] tags. The button for this is the purple book with a <> on it. It's next to the blue book and the code button.
HTML Code:
fgtbfjk<b>HTML bolded text</b>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To strike-out text, you would need to use the [S] tags. The button for this is the [S]ABC[/S] button. It's next to the spoiler button and the php code button.
[S]This is not useful anymore[/S]

To put a spoiler in your post, you will need use the [SPOILER] tags. This is the last button. It is next to the strike-out button.

Spoiler: show
He-he, you clicked me. I am awsome! You never know what's in me untill you click!

If for any reason you need to use php code in your post, you will need to use the [PHP] tags. The button for this is the purple book with a <> on it. It's next to the blue book and the HTML button.
PHP Code:
this is php code 

To color text you use the [COLOR="color here"] tags. The button for this is the A with the red line under it. It is next to the sized list, and the smiley face.

I am red, so if you don't like it, deal with it.

To add titles and header, you may want to use the [SIZE="number 1-4"] tags. The button for this is labeled "Sizes" and is a drop-down list.
I AM BIG

Now, for fonts. To add a prettiful font, you use the [FONT="font name here"] tags. The button for this is labeled "Fonts".
This is the System font. I look blotchy, right?

Smiles
Really easy here. . .you just press the button of the smiley you want. The most popular are show below your editing box. For more, click the button labeled "More".

Why do I need to know this?
It is important for making good looking threads and posts. For example, take the following exerts:

Do you like pizza? I do. I like it because it is yummy, cheap, and easy to get. Its piztastic! As my dad said said "Pizza is awsome!" You know what? There is a secret to it.
It is healthy. Its made of cheese and tomatoes.

Kind of nice, right? Well here is the version with the BB code.

Do you like pizza?
I like it because:
  • It is yummy
  • cheap
  • easy to get.
Its piztastic! As my dad said said "Pizza is awesome!"
You know what? There is a secret to it.
It is healthy. Its made of cheese and tomatoes.

FAQ

Does it have to be UPPERCASE? Lets see. UPPERCASE: bold lowercase:bold The answer is no.

How do you end the tag? You use [/tag name].

What is the code for smiles? You use :smile name: .

How To Organize a Thread
  • It is best to have a tread title instead of just going into the thread (see the top of this thread for min. It is the WI Posting Guide)
  • Don't use animated smiles or images to often.
  • Stay on topic, don;t wander off to anything that isn't related to your title.
  • Always add a (~Username) or something like that at the thread's ending.

~pokemon2

Last edited by pokemon2; 05-21-2009 at 08:34 PM..
pokemon2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
thundybear

Default Re: The COMPLETE posting guide

wow very long, but useful. I never knew there were so many ways to do that. Nor did i know that the buttons went along with code. thanks
Old 05-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Default Re: The COMPLETE posting guide w/ pictures

your welcome. i hope ppl can use this
pokemon2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bbcode, forum, guide, posting, thread