Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default The Complete Guide to WebkinzInsider.com, everything you need to know about the site your currently logged in to.

The complete Guide to WebkinzInsider
My Biggest Guide Yet!
Home Page: where staff’s biggest job is!
This is where Staff makes announcements, usually Webkinz-related.
USER CP:
User CP Home: If you’re at this, there are links to every User CP section!
You see all your subscribed threads and you can reply or unsubscribe by clicking links under it.
From there, you can go to
• Private messages: sent messages, inbox, compose message, track messages, edit folders.
• Subscribed threads: List Subscriptions, Subscriptions, View all, any folders you have made, such as Subscriptions 2/two or maybe GE s or something.
• Settings and options: Edit Signature, Edit Email and Password, Edit Options, Edit Avatar, Edit Profile Picture.
• Miscellaneous: Event Reminders, Attachments.
FAQ: The place to go with questions.
It has some of the most frequently asked questions! LOL.
Questions:
vBulletin FAQ:
• How are the User Stars determined?
• How do I create a new Thread?
• How do I change my thread title?
• Can I/How do I delete my Gift registry in the Gift Exchange?
• ALL ABOUT Reputation
• How do I become a Moderator?
• ALL ABOUT the Gift Exchange
• ALL ABOUT feedback/Giftz #
• How do I take screenshots/ post pictures?
• How do I report a post?
• How do I create a poll?
• Why can’t I PM or see the member list?
• What are the different user titles& colors?
• What are the tags for images, signatures, smilies, links, etc. on WI?
Board FAQ:
• General Forum usage
• User Profile Features
• Reading and Posting messages
Rules: One of the most Important WI features:
THE BIG RULES
NO SCAMMING -
We don't tolerate scamming here on WI, please don't try it! No asking for people's passwords or giving out codes, or anything else that could lead to a member being scammed. If someone asks for your password, notify an admin/mod immediately!!

NO TRADING OUTSIDE OF THE GIFT EXCHANGE - In order to protect our members from scams, we have a special area set up for exchanging items called "The Gift Exchange". No trading or exchanging of any kind is to occur outside of our Gift Exchange. This includes user-hosted contests, etc. There will be no begging for items or asking people for items in their pictures.

NO RUDENESS OR BAD BEHAVIOR - WI is a community about Webkinz for everyone to have fun. Please respect your fellow members and treat them as you would like to be treated yourself! Please do not create fake images or stories to get attention, this has become a real problem here on WI and it won't be tolerated any more.

PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE - We've done our best to set up categories and forums for you to post in. When you have something to post, check where you're posting it and make sure that it's the proper place. For example, if you have a question about using this website, post it in "WI Rules, Regulations, Support & Suggestions". If you want to know about rare items, post in the "Rare & Exclusive Items" forum under Arte's Curio Shop!

YOU ARE OVER 13 OR HAVE PERMISSION - We want to keep all of you safe and we want to make sure that your parents or guardian understand what membership at WI means. Please refrain from posting your e-mail address or any identifying information such as your name or where you live. If anyone asks this information from you, notify an administrator or moderator IMMEDIATELY.
By agreeing to these rules, you certify that you are either: 1) over the age of 13, or 2) have your parents' or guardian's approval to participate as a member on the Webkinz Insider Forum.

NOTE: That was copied directly from the WI rules section.
User Stars: This is an FAQ question, but I will post it.
10-99 posts- 1 normal-colored star
100-499 posts- 2 normal-colored stars
500-999 posts- 3 normal-colored stars
1000-1999 posts- 4 normal-colored stars
2000-4999 posts- 5 normal-colored stars
5000-9999 posts- 5 rainbow stars
10,000-19,999 posts- 1 spinning star
20,000-29,999 posts- 2 spinning stars
And it goes on.
Member List Search: Search anyone!
You can search anyone from !!!webkinz!!! ( an actual member, first on list) to zzz (an actual member, last on list) and anyone in between, you can search ANYONE that is registered.
Calendar: All the events you need to know, from real birthdays to Webkinz pets’ birthdays.
There’s also a Calendar on WebkinzInsider? Yes, there is one! And you can wish someone happy birthday or happy adventure/trip, etc.
To add an event, go all the way down the before/after months’ calendars.
There’s our date highlighted, the one that’s TODAY, now!
You go to Add Event.
It has
Single, all day Event
Ranged Event
And Recurring Event.
You can add one by clicking and then you could probably figure out the rest.
Search Engine: the searches you need to do!
You can search by thread title, by post, by Tags and you can search Advanced.
For advanced search, follow these steps:
Type in the Key Words.
Choose the Any date, Your last visit, Yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, or a year ago in the first pull-down button you get, then and newer or an older in the second.
Choose the forum section you would like to search in.
Then, opt in or out of also searching in child forums.
My Posts: all the posts you’ve made are here!
Did you make one post? Here. Did you make too-many-to-count posts? Here.
No matter how many posts you have, they’re all here.
All your posts, threads and even the newest posts are here!
Quick Links: from all albums to Your Profile.
• Quick Links: today’s posts, Mark forum read, Open Contacts Popup.
• Networking: Contacts & friends, Pictures & albums, All Albums.
• User Control Panel: Edit Signature, Edit your details (email/password, Birth Date, and WW user name edits), edit options.
• Miscellaneous: Who’s online, your Profile, Private Messages, Subscribe Threads.
Log Out: bye!
The last part of the website. Time to log out if the tour!
Bye for now!
Coming Soon to Guides and How-To’s section:
The Complete Guide to Webkinz World.

Last edited by tarsky781; 06-29-2008 at 07:47 PM..
tarsky781 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
call me high5 or fla
Gift Guru

Flairfive has much to be proud ofFlairfive has much to be proud ofFlairfive has much to be proud ofFlairfive has much to be proud of

Default Re: The Complete Guide to WebkinzInsider.com, everything you need to know about the site your currently logged in to.

Wow you must of took a long time for this! It is awesome and I think it will help a lot of people! Rep!
Flairfive is offline Female
Old 06-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

Default Re: The Complete Guide to WebkinzInsider.com, everything you need to know about the site your currently logged in to.

View Post Originally Posted by Flairfive
Wow you must of took a long time for this! It is awesome and I think it will help a lot of people! Rep!
Thanks! It didn't take incredibly long, but I found a new hobby- making guides and how-tos!
tarsky781 is offline Female
Closed