Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Gift Guru

Webkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guide

Default Complete guide to make a clay goo goo berry w/ pictures

HOW TO MAKE A CLAY GOO GOO BERRY

Click the image to open in full size.

all this goo goo berry catching is driving me crazy so I decided to be creative in real life and make a goo goo berry out of gum paste (used for baking), but then I thought "not everyone on WI has access to gum paste" so I recreated it in Sculpey clay. If you're interested in making one of these or just wanna see the creative process, go a head... scroll down already!

You will need...
  1. Clay! Any kind will do, don't have any clay? Mix 1 cup of water + 2 1/2 cups of flower + 1 cup salt, bake at 200 F until it's hardened.
  2. A tooth pick or finger nail or knife or anything with a point
  3. Clean work space so no dust sticks to the clay
  4. Glue

Step one

make your shapes, a goo goo berry is very simple only 3 different shapes is all it takes...

Body - This is the blue body of the berry to make it roll a big marble sized ball around in your hands to make a perfect sphere. Then take your tooth pick (
finger nail or knife or anything with a point) and score North East South and West all around the sides making indents (like a pumpkin or basket ball).

Stem - I've seen this in cream color and green in pictures but I made mine green. Roll a green piece of clay out and make little indents in it, refer to the goo goo berry at the top of the page to see the small indents.

Swirled stem leaves - These orange "leaves" are simple to make, I believe there's 4 on a goo goo berry so roll a long piece of orange clay into a snake and spiral 4 even swirls. Simple as that.

Step two
bake your berry at 175 in the OVEN not microwave until hardens it's optional to PAM your cookie tray before putting your creation on to prevent sticking.

once dry, assemble with glue, first add your stem and then the 4 orange swirls attach in line with the indentations in the berry body.

TIPS TO A SUCCESSFUL BERRY AND NOTES
  • DO make your berry to proportion, if your stem is too big and the body to small and swirls uneven it will look weird.
  • DO NOT OVER BAKE
  • YOU CAN ADD A HOLE IN ONE OF THE SWIRLS TO MAKE A NECKLACE or CHARM.
  • Take your time.
  • make a flat bottom on the berry body so it can stand.
  • OPTIONAL: Clear coat of nail polish once it's glued, this will make it glossy.
  • have fun and good luck!

MY BERRY!

(taken by my iPhone)

PLEASE POST YOUR PICS I'D LOVE TO SEE THEM!

Last edited by Webkinz-Waffles; 08-15-2010 at 09:46 AM..
Webkinz-Waffles is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Autumn <3
Gifted

britluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Complete guide to make a clay goo goo berry w/ pictures

That is sooo cute! I would make one but no clay! Rep for you.
britluvswebkinz is offline Female
Old 08-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Webkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by britluvswebkinz
That is sooo cute! I would make one but no clay! Rep for you.
thank you
Old 08-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!

Awesome! I might try this! Rep for you! =D
YYZRules is offline Female
Old 08-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

that is awesome! I'll need to bake that when I get home! [currently out of the house ] Rep for the adorable idea!

Think you can make a goo-goo berry float next?
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
that is awesome! I'll need to bake that when I get home! [currently out of the house ] Rep for the adorable idea!

Think you can make a goo-goo berry float next?
Thanks! Ahh if only, I suppose you could put in a really intense magnet and then susspend it over the opposite attracting magnet.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
ill make you feel
Gifted

Blackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossible
Blackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossible

That's amazing! Too bad I don't have clay...
Old 08-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #8

WebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clown

Cool Idea Rep For U!
WebkinzCollecte is offline Female
Old 08-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

That's awesome! I want to make it so bad!

Rep for you!
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
GERONIMO!

ddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I wish I was that creative, and had good coordination... my clay work usualy turns into a blob
ddancergirl97 is offline Female
Closed