Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
i luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to behold

Default The COMPLETE Daily Chat Thread Guide

Basic Info

The Daily Chat Thread, also called the DCT, is pretty much what it sounds like ~ a chat thread that is created every day. The thread is located in the Open Mike section and is created at the start of every day. Only moderators, administrators, and founders can create a DCT, but anyone is free to post on it. The first post typically contains facts about what happened that day in history.

Common Practices

After the thread is created, members usually try to see who can reply first, and they are known as the first poster. From there on there are second, third, fourth, etc posters. You get the idea.

Another thing DCTers (a name for a person who frequently posts on the DCT) like to do is "claim" tags. This usually means getting up early or staying up late to get a tag. Tags go quickly, so if you want one, hurry! They will be taken before midday!

If your on the DCT and wonder why people are posting random song and band names, there's a simple explanation! They are just posting the song they are currently listening to. Feel free to take part in the activity as well!

There are very few members on the DCT who use their actual usernames. Nicknames and real first names are frequently used. You can find a person's nickname or real name in their avvie, siggy, or in the space below their username.

DCT Etiquette

Your mother was right: manners always matter, even online. Keep the following bullets in mine when DCTing.
  • Don't be rude! Sometimes conversations can get a little rough. Don't insult others or make mean comments. And if other members are fighting, stay out of it! That is very important to remember, you never want to be guilty by association!
  • Remember that not everyone is going to be able to reply to all your posts; don't let that upset you. It's not that people do not care, they just either missed your posts or do not know how to reply. Don't let it get to you, and try not to fight for attention.
  • Post in text that is readable. This means dont use bright colors like yellow or type in teeny font. Also, dont type in all caps, it looks like you are yelling. You also downt want 2 tipee lyke diss. Itt kan get anoyyin.
  • Here's a really big one: Don't talk about banned members! This can easily result in the DCT being closed and/or getting banned. And once again, if other members are talking about it, don't join in!
Also, remember to keep the basic WI rules in mind. Some examples are not posting personal info, pictures of yourself, or even myspace links. You have to be careful online!

Further DCT tips

• Sometimes the DCT goes super fast, with lots of people posting and lots of different conversations. Sometimes it is super slow, with maybe only one other member, or a few distracted ones. But then there is that perfect pace, with the perfect amount of members, conversations, and replies. I work best with these types of DCTs. If it ever gets too slow or fast, just come back another time. The DCT isn't going anywhere.
  • A lot of newer members tend to drift towards the DCT. Welcome them! Let them know they can come to you for help! You never want anyone to feel out of place here at WI.
  • There are some members that are very close, and some that don't have many friends here. Try to jump in, make your own friends, and just have fun. Relax. Enjoy it!
  • Although a lot of people think they are being ignored, you have to post a few times before your noticed, especially if it's fast. You can't possibility notice all posts and usually people have conversations between certain people, and although they are welcoming, scan through other conversations (and your post) because everyone else probably isn't really talking to the other people. So don't think your ignored because you post "Hi Guys" first, and then wait 4 minutes (when your post is 6 pages back) and then post "I guess you guys don't like me. BYE!" because no one knew you were there. Post a few times and quote somebody before you come to the conclusion your being ignored.
  • And finally, remember to keep your healthy habits in mind while on the DCT. Staying on for more than an hour is a little obsessive. A lot of us DCTers are growing preteens and teenagers. We need vitamin D, which is provided by the sun, so spend some time outside! Do not stay on the computer all day, even if you really want to be the Top Poster.

Well, that's about everything you need to know about the Daily Chat Thread. If you have any questions or I missed out something, please post it and I'll adjust my guide!

Thanks, and have fun as a DCTer!

-Rachel

(:

Last edited by i luv me; 08-20-2009 at 11:31 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

comiclover05 is just really nicecomiclover05 is just really nice

Default Re: The COMPLETE Daily Chat Thread Guide

Great guide! We all should remember our manners on the DCT.
comiclover05 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Shooting Star is a WI addict!
Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!

Awesome Thread! This is a Good Guide!
Shooting Star is offline Female
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

great guide!

Also put in:

Nicknames are frequently used.. usually in your siggy (like u could call me gem because my siggy says gem) or in WW username space, or in ur avvie.

Also. Although a lot of people think they are being ignored, u have to post a few times before your noticed. Especially if it's fast. You can't possibility notice all posts and usually people have convos between certain people, and although they are welcoming, scan through other conversations (and ur post) because we aren't really talking to the other people. So don't think your ignored because you post "hi guys" first, and then wait 4 minutes (when your post is 6 pages back) and then post "I guess u guys don't like me. BYE!" because no one knew you were there. post a few times and quote somebody before you come to the conclusion your being ignored. whenever i'm there, we do try to include everyone..
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
i luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, gem! I'll add that in!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:51 PM   #6

Thanks for all the suggestions and for viewing my guide.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Begin to live. ♥
Gift Guru

Seahorse knows the way
Seahorse knows the waySeahorse knows the waySeahorse knows the way

Great guide! Helped me a lot.
Seahorse is offline Female
Old 07-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
hat's up? I'm a
Gift Guru

NICE8x is a name known to allNICE8x is a name known to allNICE8x is a name known to all

This is a FABULOUS guide! I really found it helpful!

Thanks for making this guide!

NICE8x
Old 07-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
Sabrina
Webkinz :)

BriniGirl123 has a spectacular aura about

Great guide! I love the dct!
BriniGirl123 is offline Female
Old 08-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #10

View Post Originally Posted by Seahorse
Great guide! Helped me a lot.
View Post Originally Posted by NICE8x
This is a FABULOUS guide! I really found it helpful!

Thanks for making this guide!

NICE8x
View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl123
Great guide! I love the dct!
thanks, you guys.
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito