Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Gift Guru

PassPass has much to be proud ofPassPass has much to be proud ofPassPass has much to be proud ofPassPass has much to be proud of

Default The /COMPLETE\ Guide of Text Formatting

Welcome To,
Click the image to open in full size.

You are probably here because, you are not too familiar with Webkinz Insider's ;Changing Text; buttons. What I mean by those are, the buttons above your text box from when you are creating a thread,
EXAMPLE;

So, I am going to make a simple, yet complete guide on what these buttons mean and how to use them correctly.

[ 1. Fonts, Sizes, and Color ] ;; Click the image to open in full size.

FONTS
Fonts, are the specific 'look', shape, and texture of your text. Right now, I am using the 'Font' Georgia, there are over 1,000's of types of texts out there, but here is the list of WI fonts.
Arial [famous font]
Arial Black
Arial Narrow
Book Antiqua
Century Gothic
Comic Sans MS [a famous font]
Courier New
Fixedsys
Franklin Gothic Med
Garamond
Georgia [a favorite of mine C; ]
Impact
Lucida Console
Lucida Sans Unicode
Microsoft Sans Serif [my default font]
Palantino Linotype
System
Tahoma
Times New Roman [famous, Microsoft word default font]
Trebuchet MS
Verdana

That's about it! Pretty cool huh? Don't know how to use them?
When you are using 'Quick Reply', which is when you go on a thread and post right away on the bottom of the page (looks like this>Click the image to open in full size.
You do not have the option to pick a font, so, click the option under the 'Quick Reply' area, to the RIGHT of 'Post Quick Reply'

And a larger box will appear, similar to the 2nd image I have posted above...
)
You will notice a Blue colored A with a faint, red X through it, one bolded, with an underline, the other italicized. Next to it, there will be a
'Drop Open'
Box that says 'Fonts' Inside of it, when you click it. A drop down menu of fonts will appear, when you click one... whatever you write in the Text Box below, the font you selected will be what you are typing has.
EXAMPLE;;
Say, I chose the font Comic Sans, when I write- the font will come up as that font, the font menu box should now also say 'Comic Sans MS' instead of 'Fonts' now.

SIZES
Sizes are actually a whole lot simple than the Fonts, write now I am writing in 'Size 3'. Which is one of the largest sizes you may write in. (Not that you can make your sizes larger than 4, I will teach that to you later on.)
Sizes can configure to 1-4 in the drop down menu.

Again, you can only change your size in the 'Advanced' area, unless you use BB Codes.
In the Advanced Posting section, you will find the 'size' drop down menu right next to the 'Fonts' menu, convenient huh?

The drop down menu only ranges to sizes 1, 2, 3, and 4. Select a size and it will show up the size (also depending on your font) in the text box area when you type.

COLORS
And even again, even colors are a lot simple than the fonts. This time, you don't need to go into the 'advanced' posting section, there should already be a color box in the 'Quick Reply' area, the color box looks like this Click the image to open in full size..

Click the arrow, and a drop menu of many colors will appear to the right side of the page. When you select a color (avoid solid blue and red, those are for administrators, moderators, and staff only to use) it will show up when you start typing, so, for example... I will select the indigo purple color, 5th, top color in the box. My text will show up like this.

Awesome, we got all of the Drop down, color, size, and font basics done! Let's move to the other format buttons, like bold, italic, and underline. Plus more!

[ 2. Bold, Italic, Underline, ect ] Click the image to open in full size.

It's all pretty simple, you can find the most simple format buttons in the 'Quick Reply' area, Bold, italic , and underline.

BOLD
There really isn't much to remember, if you want text to come up as bold, you may do it manually, or on your keyboard!
One way, is to click the
ORANGE book with the bolded, capitalized 'B' in it. Then, when you write, bolded text will show up.
Or... you can hold in the
'Ctrl' button, usually found next to the 'alt' key and 'right click' , or next to the italicized Fn. Found on the way, bottom left corner.
Hold that in, then press 'B' on your keyboard, so now when you write... bolded text will show! Do the same process to remove bold.

ITALIC
Italicizing text it basically the same exact thing as bolding, except a different button, and or different key.
One way, is to click the RED book with the italicized, capitalized 'I' in it. Then, when you write, italicized text will show up.
'Ctrl' button, usually found next to the 'alt' key and 'right click' , or next to the italicized Fn. Found on the way, bottom left corner.
Hold that in, then press 'I' on your keyboard, so now when you write... italicized text will show! Do the same process to remove italic.

UNDERLINE
Sense these are such simple usages, I am simply copying and pasting the steps... but just changing the letters and the looks of the buttons. Heehee. Here is how you can get 'underlined' text.
One way, is to click the GREEN book with the underlined, capitalized 'U' in it. Then, when you write, underlined text will show up.
Hold that in, then press 'U' on your keyboard, so now when you write... underlined text will show! Do the same process to remove underline.

Now, let's learn how to align your text! Either to the left, right, or even in the center.
Right now, I am using 'centered' text, so when I write it starts from the center then out.
[like this]

This is what RIGHT aligned text would look like
[like this]

And left...
[like this]

There is really no hassle of using the alignments, just once again... go to the famous 'advanced' section and little images that look like Click the image to open in full size. that will be what you are looking for. The one on the left, is left alignment. In the middle is center alignment, and on the right is right alignment.
Not to hard right?
Pretty sure [;

Lets move to bulleting text!

When you are using bullets, or numbered bullets, they will appear like this on Webkinz Insider...

1. ONE
  2. TWO
  3. THREE
or

• ONE
  • TWO
  • THREE

To use bullets, look right next to the 'right' alignment button and there will be two buttons similar to this >Click the image to open in full size.
The other two images, I will explain later on.

The first button is bulleting for numerical order, the other is for simple bullets. Both work the same way.
Make sure, before you click one of the bullet options, make sure you make a few spaces under, so any unwanted text doesnt appear as a bulleted text,
FOR EXAMPLE;;

It might seem a bit confusing at first, but I am sure you will get it once you use them.

the other two images, next to the bulleting formats... is 'Decrease Indent' and 'Increase Indent'
Basically, they are indents. Sense you cannot use the 'tab' key on webkinz insider, they have their own button for indenting.

Indenting it like, when you make a new paragraph in a story and you need to make a few more spaces before you start writing again, it's just the proper style of writing...
So,
You may have
INCREASED

Or,
DECREASED
Text. 'Increase' is the option on the right, 'Decrease' is on the left of bulleting.

And there you go! That is how you can format your text, the next following buttons are also to help format your text, and add a little bit more to your posts.

[ 3. Smilies, Tags, Attachments ]

Like I imformed above, these buttons are just extra's. Some are simpler than others, but I am here to explain them.

*SMILIES* Smiley faces can be found in the 'Quick Reply' section, and in the advanced. Though, in the quick reply another box will show up and you may select the face you want to use, then wherever your curser was last- the smiley face will appear there.

*HTML LINKING/EMAIL/IMAGES* The little earth, next to 'increase indent' is to use when you highlight text, then when you click the earth, a box will appear like this > Click the image to open in full size.

So, if you want to show someone the 'Rules' link, instead of flat out pasting it into the post, you can be cool and fancy by saying
'CLICK HERE!' and when they click there, another tag/window will open to the rules/wherever the link goes to! Just highlight the 'CLICK HERE!' and press the little earth, make sure you have your link memorized/copied so you can paste it into the little box.
Click okay, and now the text will be a link!
Yay!
Or, you can take the link off by highlighting the linked text, then clicking the earth with the 'access denied' type of button, so that will remove the text.

*INSERT EMAIL* just like using the HTML link, you can copy your email/write your email in the box that appears.
So, similar to this..
MY EMAIL!
You can highlight the 'MY EMAIL!' part, and click the little 'mail' icon next to the 'remove html link/earth' icon... so paste your email into there, so whoever clicks that 'MY EMAIL!' link, it will open another tab/window to your email!

This goes the same way for inserting an image,
click the 'picture' which seems to be a picture of the outdoors, and a box will show up. Have a picture of your dog you wanna show everyone? Copy the link from where the image is, then paste it in the box from after you have selected the 'insert image' icon, but first highlight text maybe like HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY DOG! then paste it, so the text that says that will bring to another page of your doggies photo for when you click it.

That is basically it on that note.

*QUOTE* Have a famous quote you want to share? Or something from a post you saw here that you want to show someone? Click the little YELLOW speech bubble and the following [QUOTE] will appear.
Say, I wanted to quote... "When life hands you lemons, make lemonaid.", I'll but the tags [ Quote] and [/ quote], without the spaces around the text. So it shall appear like this when posted.
Quote:
"When life hands you lemons, make lemonaid."
Another simple thing.

The next following three is for coding, Like [CODE], [HTML], and [PHP]. Just for those to realize the coding and to make WRITEN text a link, code, or php. Like the other codes just wrap the tags around the text and there you go!

*CROSSED OUT LETTERS* use the tags [- ] and [/ -] without the spaces, wrap them around the text or click the ABC button next to the spoiler button and put the text inside the brackets, which will be the crossed out tect from when you post like this

*SPOILER* Use the tags [spoiler ] and [/ spoiler] without the spaces, and put the text inside so a little box like image will appear like this
Spoiler: show
LIKE THIS!

So, when you click the little spoiler button your text will appear!

Good luck! And I hope this helped you,

- PassPass

Last edited by PassPass; 07-24-2009 at 10:04 PM..
PassPass is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
hip my hair back and
Webkinz :)
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

Default Re: The /COMPLETE\ Guide of Text Formatting

Wow. That's a n AMAZING guide. Rep!!
Also, you may want to add that Arial is also a famous font, because it is the default for Mac computers.
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
oot Woot! I'm A

Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!

That is awesome! Thanks for the guide.
Perrypinkster is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Gift Guru

PassPass has much to be proud ofPassPass has much to be proud ofPassPass has much to be proud ofPassPass has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Perrypinkster
That is awesome! Thanks for the guide.
Thanks! [:

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_girlyx0
Wow. That's a n AMAZING guide. Rep!!
Also, you may want to add that Arial is also a famous font, because it is the default for Mac computers.
Oh yeah, thanks I just added it.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
Gift Guru

Aww, my guide is so unpopular. -_-
Old 08-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Gift Guru

bookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clown

Wow, what an amazing guide! You must've worked really hard on it!
REP and 5 stars!
bookworm5854 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #7

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

This is a great thread!
I think that it's self explanatory though and no need for a guide.

But I love the effort you put into it.
Good job.
cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
Lions and Tigers and

Lissyla12 is a jewel in the roughLissyla12 is a jewel in the rough

Wow! This is a great thread! Thanks for making it!
Lissyla12 is offline Female
Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Thanks Guys

Yeah, Well I just thought it was necessary because many new members don't know how to use some of the buttons.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

WOW! i can tell you put in a lot of hard work, rep(:
Closed