Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Arrow Animated Avatar or Signature Not MOVING? [How-To] Get it to WORK!

Lately, I've seen many threads in the help section asking why an avatar of signature that's supposed to be animated isn't.

Why? Because it's too big.
We used to get messages saying that "The Filesize is too big...", but for some reason we aren't getting them anymore.

The size limit for avatars here on WI is 125x125 or 48.8 KB.
Insider Insiders get 125x125 or 100 KB.
The size limit for signature pictures is 450x150 or 29.3 KB.
Insider Insiders get 450x150 or 60 KB.
NOTE: Just because you resize it to 125x125 or less doesn't mean that the KB size will fit. You'll have to keep going down from 125x125 until the KB size is good. You might even need to resize it down to 65x65 or smaller if there is a lot of animation in the image.

►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄

How to Solve this Problem

• Take it to a resizing shop here on WI.
I recommend Cocoabean's, here is a link :
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...raphix-486325/
Many more can be found under "Our Members' Creations" and "Avatar and Signature Shops".

• The second way is to do it yourself.
Here is an avatar that I made:

Click the image to open in full size.

It is 96x127 and 10.97 KB.
(you can find the size by right-clicking "Properties" on your image)
The KB is fine, we just need to make it's actual outside size no bigger than 125x125.

Go to LunaPic Online Photo Editor.
(there are many other sites/programs you can use, but I find this one the easiest)

On the homepage click the "Browse..." button and select the graphic you want from your computer. (both animated and non-animated work)

When you have selected one, click "Upload Now!"

After your picture is done uploading, click the "Edit" tab at the top and then "Resize" on the drop-down menu.

Enter the new width and height (no more than 125x125 for avatars) and click "Resize Image" OR grab the yellow boxes to resize it yourself and then click "Resize Image".

Now you're ALMOST done!

Just right-click "Save As..." or the "Save to computer" button.

Now, upload it as your avatar!

Here's the finished product!

If you're having any problems, just let me know and I'll try to help you.

Last edited by dotdotduck; 12-02-2009 at 04:02 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: Animated Avatar or Signature Not MOVING? [How-To] Get it to WORK!

Very cool!! Thanks ddd!
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Thanks so much for this very helpful guide !! I had this probblem w/ my avvie last nite & Cocobean worked her magic & fixed it for me (resized it ) This guide is very helpful thanks so much !! And Cocobean did a great job too !!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 11-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

Awesome guide! Thanks so much! I will use this in the future.
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Old 11-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
Annuit Coeptis
Webkinz :)

DwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDwarfHamster101 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Very Helpful! Thx! Rep coming your way
DwarfHamster101 is offline Female
Old 11-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Wonderful guide, DDD!
I noticed my avatar does not "change" in the profile view... I don't know if thats just the way WI has it or if it's something I can change. Oh well, it works on the forum, and that's what counts.

Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

thanks a bunch, ddd!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 11-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
Forever a
Banned
superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!

Very helpful thread! It will help a lot of our users. Rep coming your way!
superkitty777 is offline Female
Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
bluewolfdog101

Oh very helpful... thank you for taking the time to make this thread... very nice, thank you..
Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 AM   #10
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

This was so helpful to me; I appreciate your making this! Thank you so much!
Closed