Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
oot Woot! I'm A
Webkinz :)

Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!

Default ♥~How to Download GIMP Brushes~ ♥

Click the image to open in full size.

~I would like to thank DotDotDuck for walking me through the entire process of how to do this~

Step 1.) There are so many GIMP brush sites out there. The one that I like to use is: Browsing GIMP Brushes on deviantART

Step 2.) Scroll through the pages until you find a brush set that you like. Once you find one,click on it.

Step 3.) Click Download.

Step 4.) You want to save the File. Then click OK.

Step 5.)It should appear in your downloads folder.

Step 6.) Double-Click on the brush name. It should still be in your Downloads folder.
Once you click the brush folder;you should see this screen:
It depends what brush you downloaded. It might be a set of 32 brushes or only a set of 6. Don't worry if a lot on very little brushes show up in the folder.

Step 7.) Next,go to your Start Menu. (It's in the lower left hand corner of your screen) Click on it; then on the right it should say "My Computer" Click on it.

Step 8.) Half-way through the screen,you should see a drive that says "Local Disk C" Double-click on it.

Step 9.) On the next Screen you should see a folder that says "Program Files" Double-click on it.

Step 10.) Now you should see a ton of folders. Those are all the program files on your computer.
Next,scroll through until you find one that says "GIMP 2.0."

Step 11.) You should then come to a screen that looks like this:
Click on the Folder that is called "Share"

Step 12.) Once you click the "Share folder" you should see this screen:

Double-click on the folder titled "gimp"

Step 13.) The double click on the folder "2.0"

Step 14.) Next,double click on the folder "brushes"

Step 15.) If you just started GIMP ,your not going to have many brushes in the folder. Go back to the brushes folder that you should have kept open.
It should say the Font title in the upper-left hand corner. (I didn't click on any thing,this was the folder I had open at Step 5. You should still have it open. If not look in your downloads folder.)
Copy and past everything in the brush folder into the folder called "Brushes". Let them,finish downloading in to the folder. Then Open up a blank document in GIMP,then click on the paint brush. You should find your brushes you just downloaded in there.

Tada! You just downloaded your first set of GIMP brushes!
Let me know if you have any help. I will be glad to help!

~Perrypinkster
Perrypinkster is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
yeah boy
Gifted

pinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective socks

Default Re: ♥~How to Download GIMP Brushes~ ♥

Wow!That is very helpful!
pinkypie567 is offline Female
Old 11-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

This is a great guide! Well put together. Rep.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
oot Woot! I'm A

Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by icebear
This is a great guide! Well put together. Rep.

Thanks.
View Post Originally Posted by pinkypie567
Wow!That is very helpful!

Thank you.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
chubchub loves Cake
Gift Guru

angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible
angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible

Thanks so much Perrypinkster for this great thread
Rated #5 Excellent
hugs

Angel
angelofharlem is offline Female
Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
oot Woot! I'm A

View Post Originally Posted by angelofharlem
Thanks so much Perrypinkster for this great thread
Rated #5 Excellent
hugs

Angel

Thanks Angel.

~Perrypinkster
Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #7
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

thanks for such a great guide, perry! i now know how to download brushes for GIMP because of you. five stars and rep points for you! (;
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
oot Woot! I'm A

Thanks Ash.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
hat would you do for

webkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura about

Great guide but what exactly are GIMP brushes?
webkinzlover122 is offline Female
Old 11-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
oot Woot! I'm A

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzlover122
Great guide but what exactly are GIMP brushes?

Well you have to have the program GIMP installed on your computer. Then,brushes are what you make graphics with. They come in all different shapes and designs.

~Perrypinkster
Closed

Tags
helpful, pinkypie567 was heree :)