Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Try your best, your
Gifted

GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!

Default ▓Just Another GIMP Guide xD▓

Okay, I will update this a lot, since I won't have all the information here at once. I know there is tons of guides out here, but that is the good news you can find the one that helps and makes sense to you the best then. Have fun!

Note:
Spoiler: show
I have been making graphics for only a few months. And my computer is just starting to be a big pain so I might not have ever detailed picture, sorry!

Logo's:
Click the image to open in full size.
Finished Image: Click the image to open in full size.

Downloading Fonts:

1. go to a site where they have fonts. I recommend dafont because it has so many fonts to choose from

2. choose your font

3. (Overall the sites are pretty similar to each other, but I'll explain dafonts.) okay you click on the font picture

4. it will show you what all the letters look like, close to the top it will have a download button, click it

5. it should pop-up on a new window (note: I am on a window xp so it might be different then your computer) make sure it says save/download

6. go to your desktop it should be there, right click and press extract all

7. then a thing that says something wizard will come on just keep pressing next/finish

8. then you will have a new folder on there, click that

9. find the one with the font and right click and copy it

10. go to start and user control panel and go to the folder that says fonts then once there right click and paste it there then you are done

Congrats now you know how to download fonts! (;

Holiday Graphic:
How to make this:

1. get your image

2. get a color of your image that will look good with it

3. use the pencil tool (set it at how you would like you line to look)

4. next click on one of the corners you are going to have for your line then you press shift key on your keyboard and move the line so it is straight (up or over) to the other side and then you left click

5. repeat step 4 for the other line

6. get a different brush and adjust it to fit in the middle and then click and make a pattern with it

7. then you just add some text

8. save as a .png for good quality

Good Job! (;

How To Make a Icon Pack:
First of all an icon pack is usually about 6 images (100 pixels by 100 pixels each image)
Ex. Click the image to open in full size.

1. think of your theme, in mine it was animals

2. find your images

3. resize or crop them each to 100 x 100 pxl (pxl-pixels)

4. place them close to each other (it can/ may be a row(s) or just placed random)

*optional-5. for your background add a layer

*6. find something that goes with it (my suggestion is a texture or pattern)

*7. paste and then crop to the size you wish

Now you should be done or you could add a border but it doesn't matter, congrats! (;

Last edited by GSGO; 09-27-2011 at 06:32 PM..
GSGO is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Try your best, your
Gifted

GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!

Default Re: ▓Just Another GIMP Guide xD▓

Reserved for more mini guides.

Last edited by GSGO; 07-31-2011 at 11:04 AM..
GSGO is offline Female
Old 07-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Try your best, your
Gifted

Reserved for more mini guides.

Last edited by GSGO; 07-31-2011 at 11:04 AM..
GSGO is offline Female
Old 07-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Try your best, your
Gifted

Some examples of my graphics:

Last edited by GSGO; 09-27-2011 at 06:44 PM..
GSGO is offline Female
Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

Thanks for this guide! I absolutely LOVE graphic guides!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Try your best, your
Gifted

Thanks, I am not done and probably will keep adding things, but I am on a different computer and this one doesn't have GIMP so it might be a few days and hopefully my computer still works and is fixed (it has a overheating and heats too fast problem).
GSGO is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #7
Webkinz :)

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Great Guide/ How to! thanks
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Try your best, your
Gifted

Your welcome, thanks for looking at it.
GSGO is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Great guide! Rep
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
Try your best, your
Gifted

Awe thanks! Your too kind!
GSGO is offline Female
Closed

Tags
you are beautiful(: