Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
☮Crazy4Love☮
Webkinz :)

MillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clown

Lightbulb ∞{Photography Tips and Tricks| By Richelle}∞

Click the image to open in full size.

Hiya!(:
My name is Richelle (or Rachel whichever works 4 u)
I literally eat, sleep, and breathe photography.
I became addicted to photography about a year and a half ago and i haven't stopped taking photos since.
I've had many members of WI compliment on my photos and ask me for advice
So instead of giving advice to each individual who has asked me, i decided to make this thread.
The purpose of this thread isn't to give you strict rules to follow, it's to give you guidelines so you can become an amazing photography
I'll try to create tips for people who are beginners and for those who are more advanced
Feedback is always helpful for guides, so if you have any tips you want me to share please PM me!
Right now i just have a jumble of tips i've typed into a word document and copied and pasted them into this thread
I'll try to make this as organized as possible but i can't make any promises (sorry about that!)
Another thing i can't promise is that all of my tips will work for you
They may work for you and they may not (sorry about that too!)
So i hope my guide helps you and i hope you share some of your photos on this thread.
DFTBA! (don't forget to be awesome!)
~Richelle

Here are the tips:
•Look through a wide variety of professional photography to inspire you, try some of the styles and angles they use. But at the same time you want to make it your own.

•Don't completely copy off of other photographers, they don't like it. Instead try changing it up with the subject of the photo, the angle, etc

•Explore different styles or photography. A great site to use for this is Photobucket. Click on their photography album and they will show you a bunch of styles, you can also just plain out google "styles of photography" I can almost gaurentee that you will find some great ideas.

•Use editors, not only can they fix the glitches in your photos but you can make them look vintage or retro and sometimes in extremely bright poppy colors.

•Ask other people for their advice, they don't have to be professional photographers or even photographers. Photography is pleasing to the eye and just about anyone can pick out an amazing photo from a few bad ones. And I can't tell you how many times I've set up polls asking people what they've thought of my photos.

•Don't just stick to a certain subject or theme for your photos. I've seen so many amazing photographers just stick to pictures of flowers. They are pretty but after scrolling through pages of them they become dull and boring.

•Try to emit emotion through your photos. What I mean by this is try and make the observer feel what you were trying to capture in the photo. If you take some dark and scary photos they're bound to feel scared and curious.

•A good quality camera is always a must. NEVER EVER EVER use your iPod,cell phone, webcam, etc for taking photos. Get a good quality camera, I'm not saying spend $1,800 on a camera, but start out with something decent and after while if you realize you're really into photography then buy a more expensive one. Personally I love Canon Cameras but that's just me, research the quality and get reviews of the camera from sites like amazon or consumer reports.

•Tripods are also helpful, but they aren't necessary.

•Get a good sized memory card. I use a 32 GB which is pretty big, but that's because I am constantly taking photos. For a beginner a recommend anywhere from 5 to 8GB's of memory. Like I said before, once you become more involved in taking photos you can get a bigger SD card and a better camera.

•Another way to get a steady picture is to rest your camera on a flat surface, this is sometimes referred to as "poor woman's tripod". Usually this is for film taking but can also be used for digital photography! [User Submitted by Blythe]

•Hold your breathe while taking a photo, this sometimes stops you from shaking [User submitted by Blythe]

It's All About The Angle!
Click the image to open in full size.
So this is going to be the first little example segment thingy(:
The pictures above are all ones that i have taken and they are all examples of how important angle is
Not only is the purpose of photography to show the viewer something beautiful and make them feel something
but it also shows them a sight they're never seen
Now i'm sure all of you have seen a skyscraper, a chinese umbrella, or someones hair (well i hope you have!)
But since i changed the angle of the photograph, i made you see something new, or something entirely new that you would've never seen before
That's the importance of angles, they force the viewer to see something in an entirely new and different way.

I will add more to this thread later on, i will also add some of my own photos as examples, inspiration, etc.

Last edited by MillionBucks; 09-16-2011 at 04:47 PM..
MillionBucks is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #2

BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness
BlueParrot is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: ∞{Photography Tips and Tricks| By Richelle}∞

Nice guide This was helpful :3
Old 09-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Great guide!
5 Stars & Rep!
Thanks for sharing your tips on photography. Photography may seem like an easy art, but it really isn't. And your tips are VERY helpful.
I have one you can add (if you want its your guide after all xD) as a little trick we learned in photography.
If you shake really bad, or your photos end up blurry a Tripod helps (like you said). But you can also prop your camera up on a trashcan, car, or some other stationary flat surface near your subject. We called this a "Poor Woman's (or Man's xD) Tripod." Its actually quite helpful. Another strategy was to hold your breath when you took photos.

Those mainly applied to film photography since there's a limit to the photos you can take.
But it works just as good for digital.
Thanks again for posting this guide!
It will really help out a lot of members!

Last edited by Blythe; 09-16-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Blythe is offline Female
Old 09-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
Call me Elf

ElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter covered
ElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter coveredElfLover is glitter covered

Thanks for posting this!
ElfLover is offline Female
Old 09-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
☮Crazy4Love☮

MillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Great guide!
5 Stars & Rep!
Thanks for sharing your tips on photography. Photography may seem like an easy art, but it really isn't. And your tips are VERY helpful.
I have one you can add (if you want its your guide after all xD) as a little trick we learned in photography.
If you shake really bad, or your photos end up blurry a Tripod helps (like you said). But you can also prop your camera up on a trashcan, car, or some other stationary flat surface near your subject. We called this a "Poor Woman's (or Man's xD) Tripod." Its actually quite helpful. Another strategy was to hold your breath when you took photos.

Those mainly applied to film photography since there's a limit to the photos you can take.
But it works just as good for digital.
Thanks again for posting this guide!
It will really help out a lot of members!
Thanks! i'll be sure to put the tip on and give you credit!(:
Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Great guide! Rep
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!

Great Guide! Rep. I really need to improve on my photography
lilkinza is offline Female
Old 09-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
☮Crazy4Love☮

View Post Originally Posted by lilkinza
Great Guide! Rep. I really need to improve on my photography
Thank you!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

Great guide! I don't take many photos, but I think I will now!

After it rained though, my mum had waxed the car, so it had beads of water on it. That inspired me to walk down the road [I think in my dressing gown ] and take photos of things

5 stars!
Rep!

Any tips: I don't think so Maybeby next year I will! I am trying to get into 'introduction to digital photography' for next year...

Old 09-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
☮Crazy4Love☮

thanks for all of the wonderful
comments I'll add more tips over the weekend
Closed