Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Hi! I am going to teach you how to make outlined text on the GNU Image Manipulating Program, otherwise known as GIMP.
Okay, first step:
1. We're going to test out making an outlined text signature! Go to File-New and make sure your menu's like mine:
This should be the result:
2. Go to your text menu on the toolbox (it's The bold black A). Select your font. I'm using The Only Exeption (it's a font I got off of dafont.com). Choose your color. (With outlines, I like to either have dark text with a light outline, light text with a dark outline, or light text with a darker outline, such as a white with a light purple.) This is how your menu should look:
*Don't pay attention to the little 4. That's my little weather thing. Ha ha!
3. Make a text box and enter your text: You change your size of text from the menu. Under your font drop menu, there's something that says "Size:" and there's 2 dropboxes: one with the size and one that should say "px". Just keep clicking on the up button for the font size.
This should be the product so far:
4. This is where it gets tricky. On your layers menu, there's an icon of a little piece of blank paper. Click that. That will make you a new layer. Make the layer menu like this: Click OK and put the layer UNDER your text!
5: Click on your text layer and make sure your still in the text menu. Click the little button at the bottom of the menu that says "Path from Text":
6: Click "Select" and click "From Path": You should have marching ants around your text.:
7: Click " Select again and click "Grow":
8. There should be a menu like this: Put either 3, 4, or 5 in the box. I prefer either 4 or five. DON'T do 1. It is very small.
9. This is size 5: Go now to bucket fill (the paint bucket) in the menu. Remember the colors I told you: dark to light, light to dark, or light to dark-light. Choose a color. I'm choosing gray. Make the menu like this:
10. Click the BLANK SPACE INSIDE the marching ants:
11. This is what it should look like!:
12. Time to merge the two layers! Right click on your text layer. In the first column there is a choice to merge down. Click this:
13: Your text layer is gone! Don't worry! It kind of glued itself to the outline layer. This is easier for you if you would ever make a banner and rotate it or move it.:
14. Go to "File-Save As" and enter the name and save as a PNG. A box will come up asking you to merge the visible layers. Click ok and click save.
MY FINISHED PRODUCT!
I'd love to see your finished product! If you want to post a picture of it, that's fine. If you have any questions, PM me! I'll be happy to answer them!
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.