Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!YYZRules is not just visiting!

Default •How to Make Multi-Colored/Black Shadow Text on GIMP!•

Well, howdy! I'm going to show you how to make shadow text on GIMP! Let's begin!

1. Open up GIMP and go to New>Width 400; Height 150>Advanced Options>Fill with: Transparency>OK.
Click the image to open in full size.

2. Go to the Text Menu (the Bold A) and choose your font, color, size, justification, etc. For this, I am using the font Jenna Sue in the color white, my justification being centered. Make sure the text box in small enough you can put ANOTHER text box behind it.

3. Make another text box in a different color (I use red) and use the same size, font, justification, AND the same TEXT.

4. Now, this is where it gets tricky, so PAY ATTENTION! In your layer menu, put the red text layer under the white text.
Click the image to open in full size. to Click the image to open in full size.

5. This is your result!

6. Now, in the Layers menu, right click your red text, find the setting Alpha to Selection, and click.

7. This is what you should have: text with marching ants.

8. On your keyboard, there is a group of buttons: "Insert, Home, Page Up, Delete, End, Page Down". Click "Delete". The red is gone, leaving a now transparent text.

9. Now, go to the Blend Menu (the box with black to white) and in the background and foreground color selection (Click the image to open in full size.) change the colors to whatever you want. If you want a black/grey shadow, make your background color black and your foreground color a light grey. For multi-colored shadows, choose two colors of your choice. I will do two to show you. In the spoilers is the black/grey tutorial. Follow the no-spoiler for multi-color.

Spoiler: show

10. With the black and light grey, click and drag the length of the text box, and swing it around to where you first clicked it. IN THE PICTURE, THE GREEN SHOWS HOW YOU SWING IT.

11. Go up to Select>None. This is what it should be.

12. Save it as a PNG. POOF! This is the result!

10. With your colors chosen (I'm using blue and purple in this case), click and drag the length of the text box, and swing it around to where you clicked first. IN THE PICTURE, THE GREEN SHOWS HOW YOU SWING IT.

11. Go up to Select>None. This is what it should be.

12. Save it as a PNG! POOF! This is the result!

There you go! I hope this wasn't so hard. If you need help, PM me. I'd love to see your work!

-Emily ♥

YYZRules is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Directioner <3

Pupdogkat radiates beauty and kindness all aroundPupdogkat radiates beauty and kindness all aroundPupdogkat radiates beauty and kindness all aroundPupdogkat radiates beauty and kindness all aroundPupdogkat radiates beauty and kindness all aroundPupdogkat radiates beauty and kindness all aroundPupdogkat radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: •How to Make Multi-Colored/Black Shadow Text on GIMP!•

Thank You! Wonderful guide! Here is what I made from this!
Pupdogkat is offline Female
Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Great guide! I already new this, but I hope it helped newer GIMP users.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 07-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I really don't use gimp but it looks so cool thanks for the helpful guide
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Gift Guru

bookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clown

Great guide, I'm excited to try them out!
bookworm5854 is offline Female
Closed