Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
I love Paramore&
Webkinz :)

webkinz_ has disabled reputation

Default ~Guide: How to keep from getting Hacked~ Many tips about passwords and other hints

Hi there.

I thought it would be nice to make a guide on how not to get hacked. I have gotten hacked before.

Password Tips

-Make your password very hard to remember~ Try using a library number and a hard word together. Nobody will ever figute that out
-Never ever share your password with anyone, even your mom or friend~They might be nice but you never know what they will do with that password

Meanings of 'Hack'

'Hack', in this case, has 2 meanings.

(1)Hack- Someone gets on your account with your password and takes your stuff.
(2) Hack- In the Kinz Chat Plus area someone trades with you (Not in the trading room) and you send them something and they don't send anything back, when they promised.

*Key words on knowing how they are hacking you in the defination (2) way "You send first" *

How to prevent from being Hacked

You can always get hacked in anyway.
Follow these tips to help for not getting hacked.

-Make two accounts. The first one has your pets and nothing very important to you. The second account has all of your vimportant things. The second account *Never* share the username or forget the account.

Never trust anyone in the Kinz Chat Plus! They lie.
-After trading with someon delete their name off of your Kinz Phone

What to do if you are hacked

If you are hacked in the first way the first things to do are-
1. Change your password before you do anything- Change it to something hard to remember!
2. Find out what items are missing and write them down.
3. Try thinking of anybody you have shared your password with or any friends who you think it might have been.
4. With those people call them by phone and ask them if you can go to their house on Webkinz World.
5. Once you are at their house look in the rooms and see if you find anything.

*Note: You may not get your things back*

If you are hacked in the second way you really can't do anything about it.

View Post Originally Posted by Cami_000
Very good tips.
If I may add you should delete all the people in your phone, or user names you don't know who they belong to.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips again

~Webzy

Last edited by webkinz_; 10-16-2008 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: Added
webkinz_ is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Cami000
Gift Guru

Cami_000 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: ~Guide: How to keep from getting Hacked~ Many tips about passwords and other hints

Very good tips.
If I may add you should delete all the people in your phone, or user names you don't know who they belong to.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips again
Cami_000 is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
I love Paramore&
Webkinz :)

webkinz_ has disabled reputation

Default Re: ~Guide: How to keep from getting Hacked~ Many tips about passwords and other hints

Thank you.

Yes, that's what I forgot!
webkinz_ is offline Female
Closed