Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Girlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clown

Default ~The Ultimate Guide to Packing for Vacation.

HOW TO PACK LIGHTLY
It's a pain to drag a bunch of stuff with you.This will tell you how to pack lightly!

check the weather. You should always check the weather. If your destination usually has hot weather, then pack shorts and tees. If it's cold then pack long pants, sweaters, and other warm clothes. There's no point in bringing clothing you aren't going to wear. If you don't know what the weather will be like, or it will most likely vary, bring a reasonable balance of clothing.

Bring twice the number of clothing items for the days you'll stay. Example: if you're staying for 3 days then pack 6 shirts. If you're staying for 4 days, pack 8 shirts. This is just in case if you spill something on yourself,or if you go to the beach and get your clothing wet,you'll have extra.

Don't pack items that will be provided for you. Hotels often supply guests with shampoo, conditioner, towels and washcloths. Unless you're allergic to certain types of stuff,or you don't like using strange washcloths (Like me) its easiest just to use what the hotel room supplies.

Don't bring a lot of shoes. Sneakers and flip-flops will do in hot weather. Boots and sneakers will be good for cold weather.I know people that bring almost 14 pairs of shoes. its rediculous.

Don't bring things that you might use less than two times. Chances are, you might not even read that book on the plane ride or wear that sweater more than once. There's no point in bringing something you aren't planning to use.

Know your limits in air travel. Many airports, due to safety regulations, don't allow lotion, perfume, and other liquids,that are over 3 Flo.z(Fluid ounces)

Use the smallest size available. Many non-clothes items can either be big and clunky or small and efficient. A pair of earbuds is easier to carry around than a large set of earphones. Some umbrellas can fold up to be quite small, while others cannot, and paperbacks are easier to pack than hardcover books. Stay within a reasonable budget, but see if you can upgrade to smaller sizes of the things you'll bring.

And now...what to pack on a vacation! (your very own vacation checklist)

Pick an outfit for each kind of day out of your closet and lay it on the bed or floor so you can see what you have. Repeat this for each day of your trip.

Make a packing list of every little thing you packed so that when you are leaving your vacation you can be sure you have everything. Nothing is worse than realizing you left your cell phone or inhaler at the hotel!

Anticipate (expect) the unexpected: pack for changes in the weather -- such as a sweatshirt, or heavy socks.

Pick a pair of shoes that will go with any outfit. (girls, this goes for purses, makeup and other accessories as well). No more than two pairs of shoes is a good rule. Put each pair in a plastic bag.

Girls; when picking makeup, do not bring more than you need: or than will fit in your makeup bag. Bring a nice purse that goes with all your outfits. Try not to bring too many toiletries (remember most hotels have shampoo when you get there).

Lay everything out and decide how to pack it, for example:
Put the first days' outfit on top and the last days outfit on the bottom.
Make one pile for pants/skirts/shorts and one for shirts (again, put the 1st day's stuff on top,... ).

Put toiletries in an outside pocket, if you can.
Or, put them in a waterproof bag that won't leak and get goop all over your clothes.

Pack toilet paper or baby wipes: that's especially if you will be camping outdoors. If you will be "camping indoors" -- somewhere like a cabin -- you might want to bring extra toilet paper, just in case.

Put jewelry through the hole in a toilet paper roll (string rings, on necklaces, bracelets, around the outside of the roll and shut the clasp).

Bring entertainment that you like: an iPod, personal video game, CDs, portable memory, etc., in case you get bored on a long trip.
Bring charger(s): for cell phones, iPods, DVD players, etc.
Grab the headphones, ear-pods: for long plane/car/train ride and realizing you're unable to listen aloud, to music or watch movies. (There's nothing worse than being trapped/bored for hours on an airplane/train/ferry/boat.)

Focus on necessities/things you really need: most things are replaceable, but may be expensive. One of the most stressful parts of packing when you are traveling overseas is thinking what will happen, if you leave something at home.

Carry your list/article with you: you'll be grateful that you have it after you forgot to put on sunscreen and are in desperate need of Aloe Vera.

Pack some empty gallon size zip lock baggies: then you can put damp swimsuits, socks, etc. in them for the way back home - it's really gross unpacking a whole suitcase full of damp, smelly, moldy clothing!

Find some packing cubes (you can look them up online): Pack your clothes in them. When you get to your destination, you just open up the cube, and place the whole cube in the dresser drawer/stateroom shelves, and your clothes won't have to touch strange drawers. Your clothes are also still organized.

Something like a "Tide To Go" stick is handy when traveling. Make SURE to follow the instructions.

Thanks for reading! Write "Nicolette'sGuide" in your post if you read all of this!
Girlicious is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Default Re: ~The Ultimate Guide to Packing for Vacation.

Oh cool! I'm going to camp, and this will be helpful. I did read the whole guide too. (nicolette'sguide) Great guide, rep for you!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
TaliaJoy18 </3

aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible
aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible

Thanks! I will have to make sure I follow this guide when I take my trip to newfoundland,we are driving (probally) and it takes 2 days to get there. Nicolette'sGuide and Rep to You!
aquahusky14 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #4

Girlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clownGirlicious is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by luv2writeNS
Oh cool! I'm going to camp, and this will be helpful. I did read the whole guide too. (nicolette'sguide) Great guide, rep for you!

I'm glad it could help and thank you!

View Post Originally Posted by aquahusky14
Thanks! I will have to make sure I follow this guide when I take my trip to newfoundland,we are driving (probally) and it takes 2 days to get there. Nicolette'sGuide and Rep to You!
OMG I LIVE THERE thank you so much!

Last edited by Girlicious; 08-06-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Old 08-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #5

gatorsgirl has a spectacular aura about

Good guide! I'll keep all these things in mind next time I'm packing!
gatorsgirl is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #6

View Post Originally Posted by gatorsgirl
Good guide! I'll keep all these things in mind next time I'm packing!

Thank you! "
Old 08-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #7

158lawhop is sweet stuff
158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff

This is A Great Guide! I'll Definitely Have To Use This When I'm Traveling! (Nicolette's Guide)
158lawhop is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

That's a great guide, thanks for posting it! Rep
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #9

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

Fabulous guide!
Rep 4 you!
babykittyricky is offline Female
Old 08-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #10

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

I love this!
Thank you.
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Closed

Tags
you are beautiful(: