Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #71
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Default Re: {Guide} Guidelines for RATING a Thread!

Horses, you've shown such a perfect example of rating. Your thread has had much thought into it, and I think you deserve a 5 stars as well! Perhaps pretty okay grammar, punctuation and spelling may be put into it as well? You don't have to have oustanding punctuation, grammar or spelling, but it's good to atleast have some. Very nice job on this thread, rep!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #72
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

Horses4Me defies all oddsHorses4Me defies all odds
Horses4Me defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by MarielofRedwall
Horses, you've shown such a perfect example of rating. Your thread has had much thought into it, and I think you deserve a 5 stars as well! Perhaps pretty okay grammar, punctuation and spelling may be put into it as well? You don't have to have oustanding punctuation, grammar or spelling, but it's good to atleast have some. Very nice job on this thread, rep!
Hi, MofR! Thank you so much!

That is a good suggestion. Thanks a lot!
Horses4Me is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #73
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

This guide is very good Horses.

Do you think we should add it to the WIKi?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #74
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
This guide is very good Horses.

Do you think we should add it to the WIKi?
Hey, Canonymous!!!

Thanks a lot!

Sure I would love to. But I will have to learn how to do that...
Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #75
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
Horses, you always do a wonderful job when going deep and thinking your best and hardest!

Rep!
Thank you, badena! LOL

I really appreciate the rep!

Thanks a lot for stopping by...
Old 03-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #76
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Terrific Post! I agree with most of the principals put forth, in particular:

View Post Originally Posted by Horses4Me
A thread you don't like does not necessarily deserve a low rating. I rate threads that are not of interest to me at a 5 sometimes just because I feel like they worked hard, had a good presentation, may be helpful to others, and was a good idea. I may never return to the thread, but I appreciate the work a person puts into making this a good community.

The problem I see is that when you combine the number of new posts each day (no one would have enough time to read every post) with the fact that only about 10% of posts are rated, the old advertising adage comes into play:
"Any News is Good News"
Even a 1-star rating makes a post stand out increasing the likelyhood that the thread will be read by other members.

For this reason I take a simplier appraoch. I ask myself:
  1. Is this thread one that OTHER MEMBERS would benifit from reading? This earns the post 4 stars.
  2. Is this post also the best post on the topic (in other words, if another member only read one post on the topic would this be the post to read)? This earns the post the extra star for a total of 5 stars.
I won't give less than 4-stars to a post. Rather, when I read a thread which I have a big problem with I'll post to thread my concerns (or PM the Author).

With so few posts being rated, I feel 'rating' is relagated to providing a method for members to help other members by flagging particularily good threads so they stand out in the list.

Last edited by JustDad; 03-03-2010 at 03:48 PM..
JustDad is offline Male
Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #77
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
Terrific Post! I agree with most of the principals put forth, in particular:

The problem I see is that when you combine the number of new posts each day (no one would have enough time to read every post) with the fact that only about 10% of posts are rated, the old advertising adage comes into play:
"Any News is Good News"
Even a 1-star rating makes a post stand out increasing the likelyhood that the thread will be read by other members.

For this reason I take a simplier appraoch. I ask myself:
  1. Is this thread one that OTHER MEMBERS would benifit from reading? This earns the post 4 stars.
  2. Is this post also the best post on the topic (in other words, if another member only read one post on the topic would this be the post to read)? This earns the post the extra star for a total of 5 stars.
I won't give less than 4-stars to a post. Rather, when I read a thread which I have a big problem with I'll post to thread my concerns (or PM the Author).

With so few posts being rated, I feel 'rating' is relagated to providing a method for members to help other members by flagging particularily good threads so they stand out in the list.
Thanks a lot, JustDad, for stopping by!

Your comments are really good, and I pretty much agree with you too!

I think rating for the purpose of helping people know if it's a thread worth reading is great!!!

I would like to include that comment on the first page if you don't mind...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #78
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by Horses4Me
Thanks a lot, JustDad, for stopping by!

Your comments are really good, and I pretty much agree with you too!

I think rating for the purpose of helping people know if it's a thread worth reading is great!!!

I would like to include that comment on the first page if you don't mind...
Sure, no problem using it on your first page.

The other thing that came to mind on the topic was the fact that you are able to 'adjust' the stars you have awarded.

Now this is more relevant on sites where MOST posts are rated when the 'advertising' effect doesn't have to considered.

I feel when you do choose to give a poor rating you OWE it to the person who wrote the thread to post (or PM) an explanation as to why you gave the thread a low rating AND to come back to see if the writer has addressed the problem in which case you should revise your rating.
JustDad is offline Male
Old 03-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #79
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
Sure, no problem using it on your first page.

The other thing that came to mind on the topic was the fact that you are able to 'adjust' the stars you have awarded.

Now this is more relevant on sites where MOST posts are rated when the 'advertising' effect doesn't have to considered.

I feel when you do choose to give a poor rating you OWE it to the person who wrote the thread to post (or PM) an explanation as to why you gave the thread a low rating AND to come back to see if the writer has addressed the problem in which case you should revise your rating.
Yes, I agree with you on this too!

Although, I did not know you could go back and "adjust" your rating!!!

Thanks a lot for that information...
Old 03-17-2010, 03:26 AM   #80
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

Thank you, everyone, for all your kind remarks!!!

The ratings and rep are appreciated!

This is very nice of you...
Closed