Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

Horses4Me defies all oddsHorses4Me defies all odds
Horses4Me defies all odds

Default {Guide} Guidelines for RATING a Thread!

GUIDELINES FOR RATING A THREAD

It is very important to rate a thread in a fair and honest manner.

Here are some guidelines for choosing a rating:

* ACCURACY * Does the thread contain accurate and complete information?
* AGREEMENT * Do you agree or disagree with the point of the thread?
* CONTENT * Is the content a good contribution to WI?

* CONTRIBUTION * Does the thread contribute to good community?
* CREATIVITY * Is the thread put together in a creative way?

* HELPFULNESS * Is the point of the thread helpful to some (not necessarily all)?

* HONESTY * How trustworthy is the person in creating the thread and the material it contains? (Thank you T_T)
* IMPORTANCE * How important is this thread to WI and members?
* INTERESTING * How interesting is the topic of the thread? (Thanks Canonymous)

* ORGANIZATION * Are the points and material presented in an organized fashion?
* PRESENTATION * Is the presentation of the thread and points done in a neat manner?
* OTHER * Many more factors may be included...

When choosing a rating, start with 5 stars!!! If you feel that several things are less than average about the thread, you may want to choose a 4. If the thread is really weak and not a good topic, you may want to choose 3 stars. Rarely will you need to rate a thread 2 stars or 1 star. A thread rating of 1 star would be for someone who blatantly stole someone else's work or created a problem in WI. A 2 star rating is also not very needed. Please be courteous to the maker of the thread and at least honor their efforts!

Will your rating encourage a better thread or turn others away? I think comments are the most productive in creating better threads. Please make sure your rating is fair and helpful to the creator of the thread. Most people will check out a thread based on the topic and not the rating. So the rating is actually meant to be more supportive of the thread's creator.

A thread you don't like does not necessarily deserve a low rating. I rate threads that are not of interest to me at a 5 sometimes just because I feel like they worked hard, had a good presentation, may be helpful to others, and was a good idea. I may never return to the thread, but I appreciate the work a person puts into making this a good community.

My mom and I have created this thread. My mom is Wife2Mike4Life and I am Horses4Me. My mom posted this: "I say this as a mom who feels age will play into things as well. I think it's important to be considerate of others when rating as well as always encouraging and promoting one another. We are here to be friends and have a good community, not tear each other down or criticize each other."

Any input will be appreciated! I would love to add your comments to the front page if they are helpful. And I will be happy to add your name and give you credit! We will be dividing out categories as the thread develops. I hope this helps everyone make better threads and do a better job of rating them!

Here are some pictures to show you WHERE to find the place to RATE a Thread!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Horses4Me; 08-09-2009 at 11:04 AM..
Horses4Me is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
ebaday

Default Re: How to RATE a Thread!

Wonderful Horses! That is so helpful! I vote for it to become STICKIED!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
T_T
I'm hungry for some
Webkinz :)

T_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of light

Great tips. The most important thing is that it is honest. I'll give you a rep. I'm feeling generous.

Last edited by T_T; 07-06-2009 at 12:59 PM..
T_T is offline Male
Old 07-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by ebaday
Wonderful Horses! That is so helpful! I vote for it to become STICKIED!
Hi, ebaday!

Thank you very much! That would be totally exciting!!!

Thank you for stopping by.

Horses

Last edited by Horses4Me; 07-10-2009 at 06:40 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by T_T
Great tips. The most important thing is that it is honest.
Hi, T_T!

I think you're right about HONESTY!!!

Thank you!

Horses
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
I dont Play

breaking dawn has much to be proud ofbreaking dawn has much to be proud ofbreaking dawn has much to be proud ofbreaking dawn has much to be proud ofbreaking dawn has much to be proud of

Yeah i agree with all your tips!! I also agree that the most important one is honesty because if a thread is good the world needs to know it is good!!

Also, without honasty what would we do on webkinz insider!! We come here to learn about webkinz and if someone lied, this website would have no point. Also, on the polls, most of the stuff on there has nothing to do with webkinz, but i know i learn a lot from those things, and i hope all the info i have put into my head is true!! Great Job Horses once again!
breaking dawn is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #7

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

great guide! it had some very good tips.
i rated 5 stars.
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way
pounder knows the waypounder knows the way

Nice thread Horses.
pounder is offline Male
Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #9

goobeemary96 will become famous soon enough