Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
Banned
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent

Default [Your Official WI GIMP Guide]

Uploading Fonts
Spoiler: show
1. GIMP should be closed. Go to Dafont.com.
2. Find a font you like and click Download. When the pop-up opens, click save.
3. Go to where it saved. It's probably either on your desktop or in My Documents - Downloads.
4. Right click on the font and select Extract All. The folder should extract.
5. Click on the folder. Now, there will be a TTF file (True Type Font). It's icon is blue with a big T on it. Copy that.
6. Go to My Computer - Control Panel - Fonts and paste it into there. Now you can have it anywhere!
7. Copy the file again.
8. Now go to My Computer - Local Disk (C: ) - Your Computer Screen Name - Documents and Settings - gimp 2.6 - fonts and paste it in there. When you open GIMP you should have the font.

Neon Banners
1. Open up GIMP. Go to File > Create > Logos > Neon.
Click the image to open in full size.
2. Your setting should be like mine.
3. Go to your layers menu. Click on the layer Background and delete it.
4. Then save. You should get something like this.

Cropping
1. Open your image and select the crop tool.
2. Make a box around what you want in your image. The rest should darken as shown.
3. Click the middle of the box and save your image.

Scaling
1. Open up GIMP and your image. Click the scale button.
2. Click your image and type whatever you want in the boxes. I'm doing 200.
3. You should see this, right? Well, crop it to where you have no checkers.
4. Save your image.

ChristianGirl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Banned
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: [Your Official WI GIMP Guide]

Reserved
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
Banned

Reserved!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
Banned

Reserved, too!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
Banned

Another reserved just in case
Old 07-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #6
Webkinz :)

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

Great guide so far!
May I suggest adding a section for making text along a path? Like making your text curvy by the path you created with the little anchor things.
Sorry if I don't make sense xD
I think it would help our fellow graphic makers a bit. [;
agonn is offline Female
Old 07-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by agonn
Great guide so far!
May I suggest adding a section for making text along a path? Like making your text curvy by the path you created with the little anchor things.
Sorry if I don't make sense xD
I think it would help our fellow graphic makers a bit. [;
...I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, sorry. XD
But thank you.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #8

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

This helped me a lot. Thank you for sharing!(:
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 07-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #9

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

I'm kind of talking about this.
The guide confuses me though.
agonn is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
Emma

emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!

Maddy! Thanks! I just saved a font, (even though you said you'd teach me that later )

YAY!
emscales is offline Female
Closed