Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 08:23 PM   #21
hey there (:
Webkinz :)

Adri1997 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers.

not saying that this is my password but it could be something like

HNQYmy38

oh and you know you are giving hackers advice on how to get in?
Adri1997 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 11:51 PM   #22
Gifted

looking4googles is on a distinguished road

wow great tipz!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
Cookie11Dough
Gifted

Chocolate Bunny will become famous soon enough

Thanks! I just got hacked, so this is a great way to prevent it from happening!!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #24
Pm me for it!
Webkinz :)

skittlebug7 has a spectacular aura about

I put all my coeds in a little box that has a lock. And I change my password at least once a week.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #25
Likes Art
Gift Guru

Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!

I dont think it is possible for me to get hacked because all my codes are in my room where I dont live while i am away at school! and i have my own computer!

---------- Wuzzle added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by skittlebug7
I put all my coeds in a little box that has a lock. And I change my password at least once a week.
ok, i think this is a little paranoid, unless you've been hacked before there is no need to change your password, that often, or ever!

---------- Wuzzle added 3 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Adri1997
not saying that this is my password but it could be something like

HNQYmy38

oh and you know you are giving hackers advice on how to get in?
I don't think this is true because we are just saying what measures we put up to keep safe from hackers, they already know what they have to get past to hack an account, its just now they know we are fighting it and making it harder for them.

Last edited by Wuzzle; 01-01-2008 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 01-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #26
hatever. Atleast I'm
Gifted

cecily101 has a spectacular aura about

In your next post, you could even put something like, "Do something the opposite of what you love, but will remember." Or you could say, "Do something that has NO RELATION to Webkinz, so hackers won't figure out your password."

---------- cecily101 added 3 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

I have a bunk bed; so I keep mine in a little tiny box on a shelf right next to my bed. The box was once used to keep a broach in; the box is getting full, but I'll replace it soon enough. A broach box is the ideal size, I think anyways.

Last edited by cecily101; 01-01-2008 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #27
Figisigi18
Gifted

Figisigi18 is on a distinguished road

thank you for the tips! i only keep 1 of my secret codes and always take it with me in case i forget password and i always rip the other codes to shreds and throw them out into the trash that smells horrible.

---------- Figisigi18 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

also, you should delete everyone off of your friend list that you dont know personally, like friends/family.

Last edited by Figisigi18; 01-01-2008 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #28
ish it was summer
Gifted

RedChief has a spectacular aura about

Smile Re: Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers.

Thanks for the tips everybody!
Happy New Years!
Happy 2008!
Who stayed up to see the ball drop? I did! It's my first year to see it!
RedChief is offline Female
Old 01-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
Mr. Trekkie
Gift Guru

Neo1000 is a splendid one to beholdNeo1000 is a splendid one to beholdNeo1000 is a splendid one to beholdNeo1000 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks so much for the tips!!! I keep my codes in a fireproof safe buired in the mess i call a closet. I'm going to go change my password now. I have never been hacked, and i know that i don't want it to happen. Thanks again!!! Rep points!!
Neo1000 is offline Male
Old 01-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #30
ish it was summer
Gifted

RedChief has a spectacular aura about

Smile Re: Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers.

I'm going to go ahead and start on 'Part Three' as it will be called.

---------- RedChief added 57 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

It's a New Year. 2008 promises to bring good fortune. Just say it. Two thousand eight. It sounds hi-tech, doesn't it?
Happy 2008, everybody!
Let's begin the count-down until 2009! That's 366 days including today.
Meanwhile, as hackers don't take breaks, we still have to be on our toes avoiding them. This is "Part Three" of Hacker-Stopping tips.
First though, I want to thank everybody who gave me Rep. points.
"Thankyou, thankyouverymuch." ~Elvis Presley.

To begin:RememberingPasswords

We all have trouble remembering our passwords occasionally, right? I would suggest to pick and stick with a password. Here's the guide to sticking with a password.
A) Of course, stick with a password. Nothing's worse than having a hacker with a notepad and a pencil, leaning over your shoulders, and watching you slowly type your daily/weekly password. So, pick and stick with a password. Practice typing your password and your user name in privacy.
B) Go to the Webkinz Login screen. (http://www.webkinz.com/)
Type in your user name, like you usually do when logging in. Now press 'Tab' in the upper-right corner of your keyboard with your left pinky. It should be above the 'Caps Lock' key. Pressing 'Tab' brings your blinking "|" to the password box with out having to move the mouse. Now type in the password that you will use from now until it needs to be changed for whatever reason. Press 'Return' or 'Enter' with your right pinky. You are logging in. Since you really don't want to log in press 'X' in the upper corner of your screen. Repeat step 'B2'. And repeat. Do this until you have this down so fast that nobody can tell what your password is. Congrats! You have now mastered your password.

Again, "Thankyou, thankyouverymuch." (Elvis Presley) to every body who has given me Rep. points.
~RedChief

Last edited by RedChief; 01-01-2008 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
RedChief is offline Female
Closed