Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
ish it was summer
Gifted

RedChief has a spectacular aura about

Smile [SOLVED] Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers.

Thank you, everybody for all of the wonderful comments you've posted. At the end of Saturday, I am going to close this thread.
~RedChief

So, we've all heard the warning to "never share your secret code", (especially you collectors because you visit Mrs. Birdy often and get the code speech) however, it's actually very important because, to a hacker that's even better than your password. You can change your password but, not your code. And as bonus points he/she (the hacker) can also change your password.

Ideas to keeping your code(s) safe

A) Put all of your codes in the same spot. Mine are in a Ziploc bag. (Well, my little sister's are in there too but, you don't have to share the bag with a sibling if you don't want too.)
B) Now, hide your codes in somewhere easily accessible to you, and nobody else. I would suggest in your dresser. (Weird enough to remember it's there, yet nobody else has access to it. Well, maybe your mom if she puts away your clothes but, she wouldn't touch it.) If you only have a couple of codes, you could put them under your mattress.

Choosing a password

If your password is something simple like six spaces or "I<3Webkinz", that's the kind of password a hacker expects/hopes that you have. Here are some password ideas.
A) Use numbers. 2+ numbers is recommended. You could use your birth date minus the first two numbers (If you were born in 1996, 1996 - the 19 = 96) and your pet's
(your real pet's or first Webkinz') name. (96redchief ~ not my real password) So, you were born in, say, 1998 and your cat's name was Dash. Your password might be 98dash or, dash98.
B) Let's suppose you don't want to do idea A. Another idea is to use your Zip Code for the numbers, and your Webkinz Insider user name for the letters. Say your zip code was 12345 and your W.I. user name was RedChief. Your password might be 123456redchief. Yeah, that's long but, it could keep your rares safe.
C) Okay, you don't want to do suggestion A or B. Your numbers could be the number of Webkinz you have. (If you have less than 10 'kinz, like me, put a 0 in front of it. (Number of Webkinz = 4 so, 04) The letters could be the name of your first Webkinz. (04blue)
Just so everybody knows, these are example passwords. They are not really my real passwords. I would never do post my real password.

~I will post more tips in my next post~
Feel free to post if you have questions or comments.

Last edited by RedChief; 01-26-2008 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: To telll them that the thread is closing.
RedChief is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Merry Christmas!
Gift Guru

kitten1462 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers.

Really great tips!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

natalieg7680 is on a distinguished road

thank you that is very good advice
Old 12-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
TootieFrootie

Wow!
Those are some really great tips!
Thanks for sharing!
REP POINT!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
ChunkyMonkey588
Webkinz :)

JTlvr1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great tips! I also suggest using misspellings or symbols (!@#$%^&*). Thanks!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
xox elf

Awesome tips! Thanks for sharing them with us!
REP POINT!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
ish it was summer
Gifted

Smile Re: Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers.

View Post Originally Posted by JTlvr1
Great tips! I also suggest using misspellings or symbols (!@#$%^&*). Thanks!
That's also a great idea!
~RedChief
Old 12-31-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
I'm oh so
Gifted

tl225303 is a glorious beacon of lighttl225303 is a glorious beacon of lighttl225303 is a glorious beacon of light

great ideas! You might also try to put your name in there because hackers aren't always people you know.
tl225303 is offline Female
Old 12-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
ish it was summer
Gifted

Smile Re: Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers.

Part Two of "Steps to keep your Webkinz account secure from hackers." will be coming soon! I'm working on it.
<3<3<3<3

Old 12-31-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
Baby252

Great tips!
Closed