Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Default [PICTURE GUIDE] How to make a Ballet Tutu for your Webkinz // an easy & quick project for your plushies ;)

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey there! (: Today I made a cute little skirt for my Webkinz collie, Ella, and thought I'd share with you this fun (and really quick) project that'll give your Webkinz style. I love making picture guides.

You Will Need:

Spoiler: show

~Tulle-style ribbon
'tulle' is that thin, transparent type of fabric. Although you could use any ribbon (especially if you don't have any and really want to try this project out xD) tulle is best because of its filmy, romantic look. The stuff I'm using is actually off one of those old ribbons on a stick you twirl from when I was little. Be creative, and try and re-use stuff!

~A hair elastic
This is to go around your Webkinz's waist to hold the skirt together. Try it on beforehand so you know it'll fit. I found the best choice is the ones that have been stretched for a while but still hold their shape and feel springy.

~Scissors
To cut ribbon with. They don't need to be really sharp, but they need to be able to cut ribbon.

~A Webkinz
Your model of course. This is probably the Webbie you're making this skirt for.

Optional:

~A ruler
To measure ribbon with. Not totally needed, but helpful.

Got all that? Well, it's on to step one!

Step One:

Figure out how long you want your tutu, first of all. It should be fairly short, so it puffs out like a tutu, but long enough to be noticeable on a fluffy pet. Then, cut a piece of ribbon twice your desired length. In the next step we fold it in half, so make sure you cut it double the length. Then cut a few more. Since your elastic size and ribbon thickness might be different than mine, I don't know exactly how many you need---I suggest just keep one piece of ribbon the size you want and use it to make more as you go.

Step Two:

The picture is fairly straightforward on that one. xD

Step Three:

Not much more explaining to do. (:

Step Four:

Step Five:

Step Six:

Yep, just like the picture, keep making knots. Make them right beside each other if you can,

Step Seven:

Step Eight:

Like the picture says, I find it looks a lot better on dogs, especially fluffy ones like Ella, without all the extra ribbon below. Just see what works for you.

Step Nine: (optional)

If you want, you can cut the ends of the ribbons on an angle so it looks all pretty. (; You can also make it a nicer shape while trimming it.

And there you have it, a Webkinz tutu! If you make one, I'd love to see pictures! : D Thanks so much for reading!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: [PICTURE GUIDE] How to make a Ballet Tutu for your Webkinz // an easy & quick project for your plushies ;)

Oh wow! What a creative idea!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I'm sure my little sister would ♥ to try it out!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #3

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

Default Re: [PICTURE GUIDE] How to make a Ballet Tutu for your Webkinz // an easy & quick project for your plushies ;)

Cute! I love the ribbion you used! So pretty . Now I need to find some ribbon
*raids Mom's closet*
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 08-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
inter is here!

Sunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

OMG! I love making stuff. I am making that right now! You totally inspired me. Will post pics later.

Woo hoo! All done! , and WOW.
I didn't have that wide rainbow tulle style ribbon that you have, but I did have this not-as-wide tulle ribbon from my bead set. (too fat for beads, a little too skinny for the tulle skirt, LOL) I only had 3 colours, and they were the only tulle ribbons I had so, why not make a tulle skirt?, I thought I will never find a place to use that tulle.

Here is my finished work:

and

My skirt is a bit short, but I couldn't cut them any longer, I knew I would run out since I didn't have a lot of tulle ribbon. When this tutu was complete, I had used all of Magenta and sky blue, with only a little bit of pink left.

YAY! Free kinz style. I always thought kinz style was a bit expensive too buy at a store and why buy when you can make? You can't even find such a nice skirt at a store! I hope Ganz makes a skirt like this! With your design of the rainbow tulle ribbon, not ruffles and pink color .

I hope this looks okay!

Thanks so much for making such a great guide!! Seeing my homemade tutu makes my day.

Last edited by Sunnykinz101; 08-05-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Sunnykinz101 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #5

ChocolateBar has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBar has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBar has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBar has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBar has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBar has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing tutorial!!
ChocolateBar is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 04:20 AM   #6

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

What a great picture guide! Thanks for sharing
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 08-08-2011, 03:17 AM   #7

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

I love it!
Very cute and easy to do. Thanks for sharing.
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 08-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #8
Bea <3 Wacky

11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!

Awesome!!!!!!!! LOOOOVE it!!
11bloom11 is offline Female
Old 08-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Just a lovely

Vanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

This is so cute.
I'll have to try it some time, I don't think I have any ribbon right now though. Great guide!
Vanilla3244 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Sunnykinz101
OMG! I love making stuff. I am making that right now! You totally inspired me. Will post pics later.

Woo hoo! All done! , and WOW.
I didn't have that wide rainbow tulle style ribbon that you have, but I did have this not-as-wide tulle ribbon from my bead set. (too fat for beads, a little too skinny for the tulle skirt, LOL) I only had 3 colours, and they were the only tulle ribbons I had so, why not make a tulle skirt?, I thought I will never find a place to use that tulle.

Here is my finished work:

and

My skirt is a bit short, but I couldn't cut them any longer, I knew I would run out since I didn't have a lot of tulle ribbon. When this tutu was complete, I had used all of Magenta and sky blue, with only a little bit of pink left.

YAY! Free kinz style. I always thought kinz style was a bit expensive too buy at a store and why buy when you can make? You can't even find such a nice skirt at a store! I hope Ganz makes a skirt like this! With your design of the rainbow tulle ribbon, not ruffles and pink color .

I hope this looks okay!

Thanks so much for making such a great guide!! Seeing my homemade tutu makes my day.
WOW, it looks fabulous! Amazing job, it's so cool how people actually are using this.
Closed

Tags
you are beautiful(: