Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default [How To] Reserve The First Few Posts On A Thread For All Your Housez Pictures

Please post on + rate this thread if you like it

If you have a housez thread, you can reserve the first few posts on a thread so that you can put stuff/updates there + have them in one place. That way people don't have to go to multiple pages to make sure they've seen all of your lovely rooms !

This of course works for non-housez threads, such as Gift Exchanges, too !!

Quote:
"Oh my goodness that is a really great way to save time! It takes up some time skipping to pages trying to view other people's rooms Thanks for the tip! " - VanVan20

Why would I want to reserve posts on my Housez thread ?

Any posts on any threads have a limit of 20 images per post. So if you want to show more than 20 rooms, you need more than 1 post to show them in. You may have less than 20 NOW, but if there's even the slightest possibility you would want to add more in the future, you should reserve 1 or more posts today. It also gives you the flexibility to add smilies and such to your posts, as they count as an image along with each picture posted.

Once people start posting on your thread, you can't go back + insert posts at the beginning. Keep in mind that you are allowed only 1 housez thread ...

Why can't I just add posts later on ?

The problem with adding posts later on is that if you've gotten say, 40 responses on your thread by the time you decide to showcase more rooms, and your first post is already at its max of 20 images, you have to put pictures of new rooms in a new post that may be on the 2nd or 33rd page of your housez thread. You can tell people where to look, but I for one will only look at the first page, and if they have pictures elsewhere then I just miss it.

Okay, you've convinced me, HOW do I do this ?

Basically, you post 20 images, such as 20 . Then you do that again, but you have to pick a different image, such as 20 (if you do 20 again, it will tell you you're doing a duplicate post). Then keep on doing that with different images until you have as many posts reserved as you want. See examples 1 + 2 below.

When you're all done, then you go back + modify to take the images out + put in what you want there. If you're just reserving for future use, you put something like "reserved for future use" or "reserved for future expansion" (Princess Tiara's wording). Do this right after you finish reserving all the posts you need, since if a mod sees all your smileys + doesn't realize WHY you did that, they'll probably think it's a fluff post + delete it.

Also, when this is finished, you can change the title of each post to something specific, like "american rooms" ... doing this on any post # 2 or higher will change the title of just that specific post ... but doing this on post # 1 changes the title of the thread as it will show in the forums. If you don't know how to change titles, you do that by clicking "modify", then "go advanced." An example of the ability to change the titles of specific posts are in my examples below ... note that they have different headings than each other.

Additionally, when doing a post or modifying one, there is an option to NOT show your signature in that post. It's under miscellaneous options when you're making a post or have clicked "go advanced". This helps to declutter your thread. Example 1 shows where I've taken the signature out, Example 2 is where I have left it in so that you can see the
difference.

Do you need to have 20 images in post 1 AND post 2 ?

I used 20 images as an example cause it's easier to remember and understand. Actually, if you have 11 images in post 1 and 10 images in post 2, it will do the same thing. The whole reason why any of this works is that the system doesn't want 20 images in a post. The auto-merge will be prevented as long as the TOTAL of 2 posts is greater than 20, so you could have 2 images in post 1 + 19 images in post 2, and it would do the same thing.

EXAMPLE 1
Click the image to open in full size.

EXAMPLE 2
Click the image to open in full size.

Feel free to try any of this out on this thread so that you don't risk messing it up on your own threads (+ as a result have someone sneak in a post ), but limit it to only 2 posts + then put in big words something like "test post" (+ then go back + edit out the smilies). That way the mods won't think it's nonsense when they look at your posts.

========================================

Lemme know if you have any questions or suggestions on how to make these instructions clearer.

Last edited by sno4270; 12-31-2008 at 02:18 PM..
sno4270 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

Default Re: [How To] Reserve The First Few Posts On A Thread For All Your Housez Pictures

Another Great thread sno! Thanks for the guide!
Munchies is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: [How To] Reserve The First Few Posts On A Thread For All Your Housez Pictures

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
Another Great thread sno! Thanks for the guide!
Thanks Munchies !!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
Gifted

bestmathgirl is a splendid one to beholdbestmathgirl is a splendid one to beholdbestmathgirl is a splendid one to beholdbestmathgirl is a splendid one to behold

Thank you so much. I actually just used that for my house thread that I just made. Thanks for this!!
bestmathgirl is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
O Praise Him ♥
Gift Guru

pollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant future

Awesome! Thanks for the useful tips!
pollytoad77 is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bestmathgirl
Thank you so much. I actually just used that for my house thread that I just made. Thanks for this!!
Coolies !!

View Post Originally Posted by pollytoad77
Awesome! Thanks for the useful tips!
You're welcome !
Old 11-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
fireflyblue
Gift Guru

fireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to behold

Great guide, thank you!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
alexabird7
Banned
karategirl7 will become famous soon enough

Thanks so much! I'm going to post my house today and I'll make sure to do that.
karategirl7 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by fireflyblue
Great guide, thank you!
You're welcome, and thanks for your help !

View Post Originally Posted by karategirl7
Thanks so much! I'm going to post my house today and I'll make sure to do that.
Coolies !!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
Chinese people are
Gifted

yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!

Whoa! That is so cool!
yingxi is offline Female
Closed

Tags
give me food!, i want plumpy glasses, i want red lava, i want tabby glasses, munchies was here!, snos guides are fab!