Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #51
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: [How To] Reserve the first few posts on a thread w/o bothering a mod :)

Thanks so much,always wondered how they did that!Rep point :-)
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 04:15 AM   #52
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: [How To] Reserve the first few posts on a thread w/o bothering a mod :)

View Post Originally Posted by sweetnspicy
Thanks so much,always wondered how they did that!Rep point :-)
You're very welcome !
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 11-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #53
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Hey sno...I'm back with a question.
Let's see,so you are making a post for future reserve.
After you finish making your thread,you make another post saying "reserved for future use".
That post turns into a merge and goes right back to the thread.
How do you keep that from happening with out waiting a long time or having anyone comment?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #54
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Hey sno...I'm back with a question.
Let's see,so you are making a post for future reserve.
After you finish making your thread,you make another post saying "reserved for future use".
That post turns into a merge and goes right back to the thread.
How do you keep that from happening with out waiting a long time or having anyone comment?
That's why you would do the smileys. So think of how many posts you would need for your thread, and how many you might want to reserve. Then follow the instructions here with doing the smileys in all of the posts to reserve them as doing so many smileys in each post will prevent the auto-merge (since it doesn't want more than 20 images in a post, it will put it in a new one instead of merging).

Then when you're done reserving that way you would go back to each post + modify them ... you would input what you want and/or say "reserved for future use" or something like that
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #55
Headstrong and
Gifted

Oh OK-so just use the smilies?Silly me :-)
Old 11-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #56
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

Oh OK-so just use the smilies?Silly me :-)
Ya or any image, but they're the easiest. So just do those to make the system not merge the posts, then go back + edit. Lemme know if that works for ya
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #57
Beariffic! I'm
Gifted

bearcentral will become famous soon enough

Wow!! Thanks so much for doing this thread. I did not know you could do this and I also didn't know that you could modify the title of anything other than the first post! Thanks also, for putting this in your siggie, that's how I found the thread, I saw your siggie in another thread and clicked here to find out what in the world it meant to "reserve posts." Thanks again!
bearcentral is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #58
ooo Hoooo! I'm a
Gift Guru

Moma Roe will become famous soon enough

OK, maybe I am being dense here but. If you are wanting to add pictures to say, a house thread, is there some reason you don't just click on edit and add whatever you want? I don't understand "reserving" posts.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #59
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bearcentral
Wow!! Thanks so much for doing this thread. I did not know you could do this and I also didn't know that you could modify the title of anything other than the first post! Thanks also, for putting this in your siggie, that's how I found the thread, I saw your siggie in another thread and clicked here to find out what in the world it meant to "reserve posts." Thanks again!
Ooh glad my advertisements worked

View Post Originally Posted by Moma Roe
OK, maybe I am being dense here but. If you are wanting to add pictures to say, a house thread, is there some reason you don't just click on edit and add whatever you want? I don't understand "reserving" posts.
Well, * ahem * for someone like me that has more than 20 images I wanna put in my housez thread, I need more than 1 post to put them in (since there's a 20 image limit to a post). And I'd rather all my housez pics be at the beginning of my GE rather than scattered throughout. So I reserved I think the first 5 posts to put all my pics in. Did the same on my pets thread !!

If you want you can check that out + see what I'm talking about

Lemme know if you still don't understand + I'll try to explain again
Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #60
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

I never knew that one!
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Closed