Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default [How To] Reserve the first few posts on a thread w/o bothering a mod :)

Please post on + rate this thread if you like it

I figured this out the other day + thought I'd share with those that may not know.

If you have say, a housez thread, you can reserve the first few posts on a thread so that you can put stuff/updates there + have them in one place (instead of having stuff on different pages due to the fact that you've added things later). That way people don't have to go to multiple screens to make sure they've seen everything.

Quote:
"Oh my goodness that is a really great way to save time! It takes up some time skipping to pages trying to view other people's rooms Thanks for the tip! " - VanVan20
Basically, you post 20 images, such as 20 . Then you do that again, but you have to pick a different image, such as 20 (if you do 20 it will tell you you're doing a duplicate post). Then keep on doing that with different images until you have as many posts reserved as you want.

When you're all done, then you go back + take the images out + put in what you want there. If you're just reserving for future use, you put something like "reserved for future use" or "reserved for future expansion" (Princess Tiara's wording). I suggest you do that right after you finish reserving all the posts you need, since if a mod sees all your smileys + doesn't realize WHY you did that, they'll probably think it's a fluff post + delete it.

Also, when this is finished,
you can change the title of each post to something specific, like "american rooms" ... doing this on any post # 2 or higher will change the title of just that specific post ... but doing this on post # 1 changes the title of the thread as it will show in the forums. If you don't know how to change titles, you do that by clicking "modify", then "go advanced"

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out either my housez or pets thread + you'll see what I mean I also did it to post # 2 + 3 here as an example.

Additionally, when doing a post or modifying one, there is an
option to NOT show your signature in that post. It's under miscellaneous options when you're making a post or have clicked "go advanced". This helps to declutter your thread. I did this in post # 2 + but not # 3 as an example of the difference.

Feel free to try any of this out on this thread so that you don't risk messing it up on your own threads (+ as a result have someone sneak in a post ), but limit it to only 2 posts + then put in big words something like "test post" (+ then go back + edit out the smilies). That way the mods won't think it's nonsense when they look at your posts.

Lemme know if you have any questions or suggestions on how to make these instructions clearer.

Last edited by sno4270; 11-23-2008 at 08:57 PM..
sno4270 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Example # 1

These smilies are here for a reason as an example of how to reserve posts.

Read post # 1 for details.

Last edited by sno4270; 10-29-2008 at 10:42 PM..
Old 10-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

Default Example # 2

These smilies are here for a reason as an example of how to reserve posts.

Read post # 1 for details.

Last edited by sno4270; 10-29-2008 at 10:42 PM..
Old 10-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
$@Nta = Stalker

MotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: [How To] Reserve the first few posts on a thread w/o bothering a mod :)

Thanks for this thread. Hopefully it'll help people with what it is that your explaining. Also I'd like to remind you please don't post endless smiles like you did in your 2 last posts on this thread.
Thanks.

Please do not post in blue ink!

Thanks Princesstiara

Last edited by princesstiara; 11-23-2008 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Blue ink
MotherKinz101 is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

Default Re: [How To] Reserve the first few posts on a thread w/o bothering a mod :)

View Post Originally Posted by MotherKinz101
Thanks for this thread. Hopefully it'll help people with what it is that your explaining. Also I'd like to remind you please don't post endless smiles like you did in your 2 last posts on this thread.
Thanks.
Um, the endless smilies are an example of HOW you do what I am instructing, so they serve a purpose They're necessary as an example, but thanks, I'll put a note so people know that they are there for a reason.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
$@Nta = Stalker

MotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Okay. I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by princesstiara; 11-23-2008 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: blue ink
MotherKinz101 is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

Woohhooo! Yay Sno! Now I can just give the link to this thread instead of explaining every day! LOL, Thank you so much! Reppies!
Munchies is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #8
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by MotherKinz101
Oh Okay. I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding.
Oh it's no problem Actually, your post helped me improve this thread cause if a mod popped in here to just check things without reading, they might have thought those were spam posts + deleted them/my thread without realizing that they were there as examples And if they had been just me playing around or something not knowing they weren't allowed, then it would've been good for me to know.

---------- sno4270 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
Woohhooo! Yay Sno! Now I can just give the link to this thread instead of explaining every day! LOL, Thank you so much! Reppies!
Thanks Munch A Bunch !

Last edited by sno4270; 10-29-2008 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

(Light goes on above head) so the auto-merge doesn't kick in because you've already put 20 images in. Wait, do you need to have 20 images in your post #1? or just a few? You need 20 again for post #2. But by post #3, you only put 15 because you won't be the one doing the #4 post. I sure wish that I'd known that when I made my Tree Ornament Guide. Thanks so much!
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
(Light goes on above head) so the auto-merge doesn't kick in because you've already put 20 images in. Wait, do you need to have 20 images in your post #1? or just a few? You need 20 again for post #2. But by post #3, you only put 15 because you won't be the one doing the #4 post. I sure wish that I'd known that when I made my Tree Ornament Guide. Thanks so much!
Ya, I think if you put say 10 images in one, 11 in the other, it would have the same effect. I just put 20 in my instructions cause it's a sure thing + easier to say ... if I said 20 between 2 posts blah blah blah, people might get confused + do it wrong, and then be annoyed if someone posted in between their posts.

Last edited by sno4270; 10-29-2008 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed