Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default [Guide To The Meaning Of Kindness] Kindness Goes A Long Way - Hop on the train of KINDNESS and see where it takes you! - Share your stories of good deeds other WI member have done for you and even what you have done for others!

Hop on the train of KINDNESS and see where it takes you!

The very nature of kindness
Is to spread.
If you are kind to others,
Today they will be kind to you,
And tomorrow to somebody else.

--Sri Chinmoy

------------------

So really, what IS kindness?

It is the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic.

------------------

Kindness

Kindness planted in the soil,
of another with a need...
Will one day blossom back to you,
a product of this spirit seed.

------------------

Are you a kind person?

Have any of you ever heard the saying, "Kindness is a virtue" or, "You get what you give?" Well I know I always have. They could not be more true. I am going to compile a few short stories and poems about kindness, friendship, and how we all need to stick together. Life is to short to make it difficult for others. So I challenge all of you to get out there and do a good deed for another. It will make them happy and give you a warm fuzzy feeling for what you have done.

------------------

Need some ideas?

Need some ideas on what you could do? Here a few basic tips from this site: http://www.happiness-project.com/hap...ips_for_p.html

1. Birthdays. This is so easy. Gather the dates of important birthdays, enter them into one of the internet reminder sites, and send happy-birthday emails throughout the year. Super-bonus: two friends sent me emails yesterday for the Little Girl’s birthday—I was so touched.

2. Thinking of you. I’m working hard to send an email every time I think, “I wonder if So-and-So saw this article about broccoli” or “This reminds me of the time in college when So-and-So and I went shopping during a hurricane,” etc. It’s so nice to know that people are thinking of you.

3. Help people think big. Nothing is more encouraging than a friend throwing out some huge goal and saying, “You should do that!” “You should write a book, you should start your own firm, you should run for office, you should join the Council on Foreign Relations.” You never know, sometimes one encouraging comment can have extraordinary effect on someone’s life.

4. Recommendations. If you know of a terrific ____, tell your friends. Mention that you have a great source for some service or product, and remember to follow up with the referral information if asked. This seems too easy to qualify as a good deed, but a recommendation can be a huge help.

5. Introductions. For doing business, for blind dates, for people moving to a new city—making introductions can make someone’s life a lot easier. Connecting people is an extremely helpful good deed, so it’s worth a bit of thinking and prodding to make it happen.

------------------

Reflect on a poem/short story.

What I would like to do is put up about one poem and/or short story a day for us to reflect upon. I highly recommend subscribing to this thread so you can visit often and read the new poem/short story and share your thoughts.

All credit is and will be given.

------------------

Share the kindness of another member.

Along with this, I would also like this to be the place where you can give kudos to another member here on WI. This could be someone who has done something nice for you, gone out of their way to help you, or is just generally a great person to communicate with.

We have so many great members here and it is about time they were recognized.

------------------

***DO share your thoughts, let me and others know what you think.
***DO subscribe to this thread and visit often.
***DO share your own stories of kindness and possibly be a featured story.
***DO share with us what others have done for you.
***DO have lots of fun and keep this thread moving and grooving.

Last edited by LilyRose; 10-02-2008 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Default Re: [Guide To The Meaning Of Kindness] Kindness Goes A Long Way - Hop on the train of KINDNESS and see where it takes you! - Share your stories of good deeds other WI member have done for you and even what you have done for others!

Here's a list of members that have been recognized for kindness: (I apoligize if I mispelled your username!)
All Staff, the Mods, Admins, And Gift Coaches,
firza

GoldenPuppy
LabradorLoverz
Pandajean
pinkdottedbow
Snoopysgirl
Tocobe11222

Last edited by cocogirl211; 10-03-2008 at 05:59 PM..
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: [Guide To The Meaning Of Kindness] Kindness Goes A Long Way - Hop on the train of KINDNESS and see where it takes you! - Share your stories of good deeds other WI member have done for you and even what you have done for others!

Is there anyone you would like to recognize for their kindness?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
Toph is a
Gift Guru

Well, snoopysgirl was helping me transition into the 'big' ge, and so I would like to recognize her, and I also would love to do all of the gift coaches! They work very hard... just like the mods and admins, who I would like to recognize too.
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

First, I'd like to recognize you.

I guess I'll just go down the list now.

1. GoldenPuppy
2. LabradorLuverZ
3. Tacobell222
4. Pandajean

and many others!

These are some of my close friends, and are sweet to me no matter what.
pianolover is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Ah, it's great to spread the love...
Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
wajiha44

i would like to say good job. someone who is really nice to me is pinkdottedbow and also firza
Old 10-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

There are lots of people who come to mind when I think of kindness on here.

One of them would be Pandyma618. Although I have never met her, and I don't think I have talked to her many times on here, she gave me a very nice gift as a random act of kindness.

I also have had a little secret santa on WKW. She has sent me many, many, gifts on Webkinz, and lots of them had some pretty high values on them.

Gingerly is always generous with kind words and advice. She has made me feel like I was important on here, and I have treasured her friendship.

Some other people who are generous with kind words are:
Jillion
Lea
Smitchell
Luvwebbies
Mom2hnemi
Gottaluvjoe
Ave
Stylediva
AngelofHarlem
MissGnomie
Animegirl
Puppylove♥
Pufflezz_01

Each one of the people listed above has been extremely kind, and written me messages that will remain with me for quite a while. Whether it be a PM, or a visitor message, or recognition on a thread they have posted on, they have made me feel all warm inside.

And, that's just the beginning. There are tons of other people who are shining examples of kindness, that we can all strive to be more like.

And of course, you i<3, are a shining example, as well.

Last edited by -Lilypad; 10-13-2008 at 07:20 PM..
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
GreekAsianPanda

Oooooo, let's see:
Pufflezz_001
aalovesyew2
Panda Fan
hconnors
nonna72
smskks
cows11096
Luna_Lovegood
animegrl
dandogkinie
webkinz ruler
And lots of other people! =D

This is a really good idea for a thread!

---------- GreekAsianPanda added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

Oh and of course you, i <3 webkinz!, because I see you a lot around the forum helping people out! Great job! =D

Last edited by GreekAsianPanda; 10-04-2008 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
BC is a
Webkinz :)

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

Let me see....

-I <3 webkinz!
-snazzykinz
-coco911
-Ethan!!!!!(BC)
-lulu
-namicole
-COWS
-SCB, my man!

and sooooooooooo many others
Maddiebear is offline Female
Closed