Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

kinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clown

Default [Guide/How to] All you need to know about gardening!An easy to follow, great step to step guide, including images, tips and tricks!

Click the image to open in full size.

Welcome to this guide on "all you need to know about gardening!".
To start off, I will answer one question for you: what is gardening on ww? Well gardening is an interactive activity, in wich you must complete everyday on ww, to grow veggies. Then, after you visit often, and choose the correct interactive tool, your vegtable will be ready to harvest, and you can continue the cycle again! Decorative plants are simply for looking at, and although they require no tending, they don't give you back any food, but still look nice, and are easier to have!

To grow the vegetables, you need to do the following:
1. go to the w shop, and pick up a pack of seeds.
2. Then, drag the seeds from your dock and start taking care of them!

There are various tools you will need to use to check wich one your plant is needing. To do so, walk up to the plant and choose to tend your garden. Then, click the inspection tool, roll over the plant to see wich interaction is needed, and then do it, by choosing it off the menu, such as rake, and click the plant. Your plants will need to be watered every day, so be sure to check often on them. If not, they will rot, and you will have to dig them out, restarting the whole gardening process.

Below is an image of an unhealthy garden. It shows what it looks like, and what you have to do to restart the growing cycle:

When your veggie is ready to be harvested, choose the correct interaction. Then, a pile of food will be added to your dock. The amount, varies :
Cabbage grows up to two foods in each harvest,
Carrots grow three,
Corn grow four,
Pumpkin one,
strawberries grow four,
tomatos five,
and watermelon grow one.

Here is an image of all the choices you can choose from:

Then, you have a couple options to use them in. First off, you could simply feed the fresh farm foods to your pet. Your pets will prefer it, and food, plus happiness will go up. Or, you could use them in recipe foods. In recipe foods, they work the same as the w shop veggie, and can be substituded. Below are some examples of recipes wich could use the vegetables:

Stove:
Fruit Salad A Apple Pear Strawberries
Fruit Salad B Apple Orange Pineapple
Or Any 3 of the following:- Pear + Apple + Orange + Pineapple + Strawberries

Scary Berry Crunch Potato Chips Pumpkin Strawberries
Strawberry Kiwi Tart Strawberries Webkinz Crackers Kiwi Fruit
Stuffed Leafy Melon Salad Watermelon White Rice
Vegetable Soup Carrots Peas Bottled Water

Vegisicle Carrots Peas Popsicle
Werrigetti Spaghetti Strawberries Watermelon

Sandwich Maker

Cheese & Tomato Sandwich Cheeses Tomato Bread
Fancy Schmancy Waffles Ice Cream Cone Strawberries Waffles
Fire & Water Sandwich Bread Watermelon Dragon Fruit
Grilled Carrot Sandwich Asparagus Carrots Bread
Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich Banana Peanuts Bread
Sunrise Sandwich Eggs Tomato Bread

Blender

Health Juice Carrots Apple Watermelon
Icy Frosty Ice Cream Cone Bottled Water Watermelon
Mega Berry Slush Strawberries Blueberries Raspberries
Spicy Salsa Asparagus Corn on the Cob Tomato
Strawberry Smoothie Honey Milk Strawberries

(written and tested by cuffy on this thread)
Make sure you are using the correct appliance! Is it a stove, sandwich or blender recipe?

Or, you could also try making a profit with the vegetables. Try filling a whole yard with different vegetables. Once everything is harvested, you could then sell it back to the W shop for a small profit. Dkbrown posted that they bought 3 outdoor yards, and then bought seeds over the next few days. Then, after all the tending, they sold the food back to the w shop for a profit of around 3,000 kinzcash. But for those of you who want to start small, you could start off with a little garden, and everyday add in one more plant.

Also, here are some tips from bangkokyankee wich can be found on this thread:

It's easier to tend your crops if you zoom into the garden - that way you can be sure to click the right crop - I used to have problems getting in the right place to click

I've learned to plant my corn plants iin the back part of the garden - that way when they grow big the corn stalks don't hide your other plants

if you want to change the placing of your plants -wait til after you harvest so you don't interrup the growing cycle

gardening has become a lesson in patience for me - watering rows and rows of plants is time taking but sure is fun to log into your farm and see rows of ripe red tomatoes or strawberries and the first time you see a big watermelon or pumpkin you can really forget it is all a virtual place

Above is a healthy garden continuing the growing cycle. It is an example of the ideal state of your crops.

This is how much time it takes to grow each crop:

Cabbage takes nine days to grow
Carrots take eight days to grow
Corn takes ten days to grow
Tomatoes take twelve days to grow
Pumpkins take seven days to grow
Strawberries take ten days to grow
And watermelon takes seven days to grow

Also- Zookeeper tested and mentioned that you do not nead to water your plants everyday, and they still turn out okay!

Well I worked really hard on that, so I hope you appreciate it! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions..have fun gardening!

Last edited by kinz09; 09-20-2007 at 07:08 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

kinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: All you need to know about gardening!

Any comments?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

Bumping...
Old 08-21-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
HailKat
Gifted

chiclit is a jewel in the roughchiclit is a jewel in the rough

Good job!!! You worked hard on it~
Old 08-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

lol thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

Any other comments and suggestions? I worked really hard on it!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
is pony PERFECT!
Gifted

WebkinzOnIce! will become famous soon enough

cool lol great!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

anyone else?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:28 AM   #9
8dance4eva10
Gift Guru

8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent

Excellent guide! Very informative!
8dance4eva10 is offline Female
Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 AM   #10
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

Thank you
Closed