Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #21
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Default Re: [Guide To] Downloading Fonts for Graphics

That's what I have, Gripper.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #22
-Alicia♥

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

I have a question about the whole "free" part.
Some say free. I get that, but....
What does it mean when it says "Free for personal use"?
or "Free- 2 font files"?
Please VM the information to me!
-Tea

teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #23
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by teaandpizza
I have a question about the whole "free" part.
Some say free. I get that, but....
What does it mean when it says "Free for personal use"?
or "Free- 2 font files"?
Please VM the information to me!
-Tea

I'm sorry I am not VMing this information to you. I have posted on the 1st post of this thread that questions will need to be asked on the thread, and I will answer them here.

I am assuming that it simply means that you cannot go and sale these fonts. You have to use them for your graphics or anything you make.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #24
-Alicia♥

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

Oh OK!! (the only reason I was asking you to VM me is because sometimes I forget about a thread I posted on )
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #25
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

I have an older model PC and I had to get the font with a few more steps, if you would like I could share them with you... if you wanted to put them on your guide. If not I undestand!

By the way... GREAT thread!
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Old 07-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #26
You are
Gifted

Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!

Coolio! I already know how to do this, but it's a nice helpful thread anyways!
Catza is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #27
Webkinz :)
momtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I'm sorry I am not VMing this information to you. I have posted on the 1st post of this thread that questions will need to be asked on the thread, and I will answer them here.

I am assuming that it simply means that you cannot go and sale these fonts. You have to use them for your graphics or anything you make.
This is a lovely thread, but before people start downloading a ton of fonts, you do need to realize a few things:

1. Free for personal use means that you may use them for creations that you make and intend to use yourself or possibly give to a friend. It means that you may not use them in any commercial way (for creating an image, using the font and then selling it on a product) without obtaining a commercial license, which costs money. And yes, it means you can not sell it or put it into a collection to sell.

2. The downloaded zip file, once opened, should contain a "Read me" document. Make sure you read it! It will outline any terms for using the font (for instance, if you need to link back to the creator if it's posted on the web, or how to obtain a commercial license if you are interested), the creator of the font and many times their website or a way to reach them. I would be extremely cautious using fonts that don't come with a "Read me" file. www.dafont.com tells you on their FAQ page that the fonts a free, demos or in the public domain. They also say, "If no author/licence is indicated that's because we don't have information, that doesn't mean it's free." Personally I won't use a site like that because it can (but not always) mean that some of the fonts listed shouldn't be.

3. The font site I prefer to use is Find, try, buy and download fonts online : MyFonts and it's a much safer way to make sure you are not violating any copyright issues. Yes, fonts, just like images and photos and many other items, ARE copyrighted. The copyright holder is certainly able to make their fonts free for others to use, either with or without restrictions. With MyFonts, you set up an account and pick the fonts you are interested in...many are free, even for commercial use. You add them to your cart and when done, check out. If you've picked only free fonts the cart totals $0.00 and then you are given an order which you download all at once in a zip file. It's great because it keeps a history of the fonts you've downloaded, so if you're like me and have hundreds, you can easily tell if you've already downloaded them.

Most people reading this will not have to worry about commercial use like I do, but it's never to early to be aware of the fact that fonts are protected and you need to make sure you're not using something you don't have full permission to use. So often we see something on The Net and think, oh, it must be free because they don't indicate it's not or I don't see a copyright on it. That is the furthest thing from the truth. You should never take anything unless it states you can.

Have fun with the fonts! I'm obsessed with them!
momtofaye is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #28
MY DOG JUST ATE MY
Webkinz :)

oakley16 has a spectacular aura aboutoakley16 has a spectacular aura about

OMG thank you so much! but now my head hurts....... LOL
oakley16 is offline Female
Closed