Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Talking [GUIDE] Your Official Guide to "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ This GUIDE is ALL you need to understand everything about "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ Learn where to locate it, how to use it, set preferences, and more!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

I am in the process of taking lots and LOTS of screenshots to prepare this guide...
and get together all of my "officially top secret info " so bear with me!

Check back for what my efforts have amounted to in the near future!

I am putting my efforts SLOWLY below...it will keep adding up as I compile more info and screenshots! I hope to make it a complete guide but it will take a lot of time.

--------------------------------

WHAT IS MY PAGE?

"My Page" is a new feature in Webkinz World that allows you to show off your Webkinz in so many ways. You can choose how much or how little to show--it is ALL up to you! It is a great way to meet other Webkinz fanatics and show off all of your achievements and pets!

--------------------

WHERE DO I LOCATE MY PAGE?

From the "Things to Do" menu, under the "Pets" heading, click "My Page" to start!

--------------------

HOW DO I SET MY PREFERENCES?

To begin, click "Preferences" in the top left corner of your screen.

From here, you are able to control who can view your pages and set what you want to share with people that have put you on their BFFs list.

You need to think and decide who you would like to view the different parts of your page. If you set your Privacy Settings to BFFs Only, then only your BFFs can see your pages. If you set it to Friends & Family Only, your BFFs and your Friends & Family can both see your pages. If you set it to Casual Buddies, your BFFs and Friends & Family can also see them.

One of the most important preferences you can choose is whether or not your page can be included in search results. Think about this before you chose one way or the other.

If you decide that you totally messed up how you set your preferences, you can reset them by clicking "cancel" or if you decide you have it how you want it, just click "done" and they are set!

--------------------

WHAT IS THE HOME PAGE?

The Home Page is where you find out what's going on! It's also the first page you see when you click on My Page from the THINGS TO DO menu.

--------------------

WHAT IS "MY BFF'S" FOR?

"My BFFs" is a list of your friends that you've put into your BFF group. When your friends do cool things on the site, it will be shown under "What My BFFs Are Doing." You can click on your BFF's name to open their My Page, if they have one. You can edit your BFF list by clicking on EDIT.

--------------------

WHAT IS "WHAT MY BFF'S ARE DOING" FOR?

This is a quick way to keep up to date with your BFFs! It is updated when your BFFs do things in Webkinz World, like adopting a pet or getting a personal high score. You can click on REFRESH to update this information.

--------------------

HOW DO I ORGANIZE MY FRIENDS?

First, you need to click EDIT next to My BFFs. Then, you can drag the names of your friends to the category you want. You can put up to 10 friends in your BFFs group. You can put up to 50 friends in your Friends & Family group. You can put up to 50 friends in your Casual Buddies group. This is a great way to keep your entire Friends List organized!

--------------------

WHAT IS THE "MEET SOMEONE NEW" BUTTON?

This is a quick button to meet someone new! You will be brought to a random member's My Page when you click this button.

--------------------

WHAT IS A WIDGET?

There are different kinds of widgets--the Pet widget, the Favorites widget, and others. Each widget shows different kinds of information. The Favorites widget lets you pick from your favorites from a category. If you pick Games, for example, you can then pick your favorite game and show it off for everyone to see!

--------------------

HOW DO I EDIT A WIDGET?

If you want to edit a widget, click the EDIT button at the top right of the screen. This will put the page into EDIT mode. Then, click on the widget you'd like to change--this will open up the controls for that widget. Put your mouse over the arrows to get more information on what that arrow does. When you're finished, click SAVE. When you're done editing all of your widgets, click VIEW to go back to the VIEW mode of your page.

--------------------

HOW DO I HIDE A WIDGET?

If you want to hide a widget, you must first enter the EDIT mode by clicking EDIT in the top right corner. Then, click the widget that you want to hide--this will open up the controls for that widget. If your widget can be hidden, it will have a HIDE button. When you click HIDE, it will make the widget fade. Click SAVE to close the widget controls. You'll still see the widget for now. Click the VIEW button to exit EDIT mode, and your widget will disappear!

--------------------

HOW DO I CHANGE MY TEMPLATE?

If you'd like to change how your My Page is laid out, click on the DESIGN button. Then, pick the template that you'd like and click OK. When you change your template, you'll have to set up your widgets again.

--------------------

HOW DO I CHANGE MY THEME?

If you'd like to change the backgrounds and the colors of your My Page, click on the DESIGN button. Then, click the theme background you'd like and click OK.

--------------------

Spoiler: show
A lot of this is my own words (most of it) but some of the descriptions and words are taken directly from the My Page menus and other parts of WW, owned and operated by the almighty Ganz.

Last edited by LilyRose; 10-29-2008 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: [GUIDE] Your Official Guide to "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ Under Construction...while I prepare the guide!

Looking Good so far, i <3 webkinz
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
Webkinz :)
Iowa Annie will become famous soon enough

Default Re: [GUIDE] Your Official Guide to "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ Under Construction...while I prepare the guide!

WOW....this is so helpful!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together for all of us!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

Yes, looking great. I like how you used those userbars creatively. I never would
have thought of that. Another great guide in the works... I gotta get my movie
snacks! This'll be interesting! LOL I'm just joking! But I know it'll be a great guide,
and helpful to more people than you will ever know!
pianolover is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Thanks so much!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
Gift Guru

harrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Hi there,

This is looking fantastic! I have taken a look at several of your other threads and they are all superb! I can't wait to see more of this guide! I am positive that newer members to Webkinz Insider and Webkinz World will really enjoy and find help in this. Great job! Keep up the good work, please!

harrypotterfan101
harrypotterfan101 is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
Gift Guru

That was sweet...thanks!

Last edited by LilyRose; 10-26-2008 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #8
Bring back WNTM!
Gift Trainee

dazyandoreo! is a jewel in the roughdazyandoreo! is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: [GUIDE] Your Official Guide to "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ This GUIDE is ALL you need to understand everything about "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ Under Continuous Construction

That is nice! thanks! rep and 5 stars!
dazyandoreo! is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Default Re: [GUIDE] Your Official Guide to "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ This GUIDE is ALL you need to understand everything about "My Page" in Webkinz World ~ Under Continuous Construction

You are all to sweet...let me know if it is answering questions?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #10
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

You're doing great so far! Terriffic guide!
vanvan20 is offline Female
Closed