Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Arrow [Guide] Profile Decor Terms -- What they are & Where they are on Your Profile [INCLUDES Color-Coded "Map" of your Profile!]

Hello, Everyone. Thank you for clicking in today. First off, let me tell you alittle about this guide. It is designed for your profile, of course, and is ment to help you decorate it without using trial-and-error methods. When profiles first came to WI, I was really confused about all the terms. Primary Content Areas? Major and Minor Block Headers? What do they mean and what part of my profile are they? Hopefully, those questions will be answered by my guide.

...................GUIDE TO.....................

- P R O F I L E . T E R M S . & . T H E I R . L O C A T I O N S -

This guide does not require much typing on my part, and is mostly on the screenshot below. So, to stop the suspense, here is your "map."

Titles have been placed on the map itself, but for those who like to know exactly what they're dealing with, here is a key.

---------KEY----------
(These are in order like WI has them. Top to bottom.)
Background - (border-red) - black
Block Borders - Electric Blue
Major Block Headers - Pink
Minor Block Headers - Sky Blue
Block Footers - Lime Green
Primary Content areas - Navy Blue (white- hyperlink)
Secondary Content Areas - Purple (silver- hyperlink [meaning it's got a link in it])
Controls - yellow (border- brown)

(please click for larger view.)

Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you for reading!

If you have questions or comments, please post ON THE THREAD. Thanks!

Last edited by Lake; 11-17-2009 at 07:29 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
\m/
Webkinz :)

musicislife666 has disabled reputation

Default Re: [Guide] Profile Decor Terms -- What they are & Where they are on Your Profile [INCLUDES Color-Coded "Map" of your Profile!]

Oh my, this is so helpful! The profiles always have kinda confused me about where everything was, thank you!
musicislife666 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Default Re: [Guide] Profile Decor Terms -- What they are & Where they are on Your Profile [INCLUDES Color-Coded "Map" of your Profile!]

Glad I could help.
I still get confused, too! I usually have to pick a color, save, and check it out on my profile and then edit all over again.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #4

Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!

Nice guide! I always wondered what all that meant.
Pupcake is offline Female
Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
αℓℓ уσυ ηєє∂ ιѕ ℓσνє
Gifted

Wonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socks

What an amazing guide! This is fantastic. At first I was confused where everything was, but this is very easy to understand and follow along. Great job. rep is coming your way.

~Wonder =]
Wonder1001 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

Great guide Lake! Thanks for posting!

-tiger :husky:
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Gifted

Thanks for posting, guys!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
Spring is here!

WishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talent

Totally awesome guide! Rep!
WishAponAStar is offline Female
Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
Gifted

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:41 AM   #10
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
Glad I could help.
I still get confused, too! I usually have to pick a color, save, and check it out on my profile and then edit all over again.
Actually, you don't have to do that. In each individual sub-section, there is a "preview" button next to the "Save". Click on preview and you get a labeled picture, with the area identified (as header, footer, etc) in the new colour. You don't have to go back and forth to your profile to see this, it appears right in your editing page.

The customise profile feature is really very easy to use. Everything is clearly labelled.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgCustomise profile.jpg (151.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Webberlily; 11-18-2009 at 04:47 AM..
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed