Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #11
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: [GUIDE] HOW-TO open multiple tabs in IE 7 and Firefox Browsers.

Thread reopened.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #12
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Thread reopened.

Thank you FIA
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #13
ZeldaZeldaZelda
Gift Guru

ZeldaZeldaZelda is just really niceZeldaZeldaZelda is just really nice

Hi! I have done this before but I have an issue with it and am hoping you may have a workaround! When I do this (or even when I open multiple browser windows for click events), the tab or window does not show the whole WKW frame. Basically the WKW frame gets chopped off right at the dock, I can expand it a little to see the edge of my dock but I haven't been able to do more than that. This means that I can't see my phone and that creates issues if you want to turn on your phone and adjust which zone you are in, for example. Any thoughts, o wise one?

And P.S. Thanks for posting so much helpful info!
ZeldaZeldaZelda is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #14
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by ZeldaZeldaZelda
Hi! I have done this before but I have an issue with it and am hoping you may have a workaround! When I do this (or even when I open multiple browser windows for click events), the tab or window does not show the whole WKW frame. Basically the WKW frame gets chopped off right at the dock, I can expand it a little to see the edge of my dock but I haven't been able to do more than that. This means that I can't see my phone and that creates issues if you want to turn on your phone and adjust which zone you are in, for example. Any thoughts, o wise one?

And P.S. Thanks for posting so much helpful info!
Hi Zelda - I may just know how to help you with that. I have had to reduce my display size because I have a small 16" screen. What I've done to change it is going into my computer's Control Panel and change the display until I could see the screen entirely. I'm using a PC...I would assume it's similar with a MAC.

Another, option if you only need a fraction more is to hit the F11 on the keyboard. That should max out the screen. And, to bring back the taskbars you hit the F11 a second time.

Let me know if that improves things for you.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #15
lruesch or linnaer
Gift Guru

Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!

Do you log in with the same Webkinz account? Or do you use different ones?
Linnae is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #16
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero

Staggering seperate windows is possible too!!

The last thing you want to do is run several different browsers at the same time. Pick 1 and go with it. Here's what you need to do.

If you are using a PC this will work...for Mac (I'm not so sure about it). These instructions will work for Firefox and Internet Explorer.

First Open a browser window. Use this url but don't log in just yet;

http://66.48.69.102///loader4.php?go...ser&aol=0&fs=0

(So copy and paste that into your browser and hit enter.)

Now, at the top of the browser you'll see a menu.

Go to TOOLS, select OPTIONS (Firefox) or INTERNET OPTIONS (IE)

Now, click on "USE CURRENT" for homepage.

.....Almost there!

Next, log in to that browser. You can resize the window by placing the cursor on the corner of it and pulling it in or out as needed.

Place this window at the top right of your screen.

To create more windows, use the CTRL key and click on the letter "N" at the same time. That will open the 2nd window and the login page should appear for you as the home page.

To make more windows, continue pressing on CTRL and repeat pressing "N", as many times for the windows desired.

If you like, you can remove the bookmarks and browser path by right clicking in their area and un-checking them so they don't 'show'. This helps when they are staggered so you don't click on various menus/bookmarks when they are staggered.

Now stagger your windows as desired.

Remember, depending on how good your pc's memory is, your connection and a few other factors...you may want to limit to only 5 accounts. Some pc tend to freeze up. This can be a drain on the servers and will slow it down for other users as well.

If your pc freezes up, you can click on "ALT" and "TAB" at the same time, and sometimes it forces it to unlock without having to log out.

Also, try to exit out of any non required programs.

Change your WI quickstyle from default to COLORS HUES (scroll to the bottom of the WI page to find the blue bar. The ads that run in the default tend to freeze up the screens, when it refreshes, and can cause things to become difficult when you are re-staggering your screens.

I've tried to explain it as best I can. Let me know if you need anything. I'm just logged into my accounts now and will be on for a bit.

Enjoy and have fun catching flakes!!

This is what mine looks like with 7::
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- EXOTERIC added 35 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Linnae
Do you log in with the same Webkinz account? Or do you use different ones?
You need seperate accounts. We have 29 in our family.

Last edited by EXOTERIC; 01-12-2009 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #17
ZeldaZeldaZelda
Gift Guru

ZeldaZeldaZelda is just really niceZeldaZeldaZelda is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
Hi Zelda - I may just know how to help you with that. I have had to reduce my display size because I have a small 16" screen. What I've done to change it is going into my computer's Control Panel and change the display until I could see the screen entirely. I'm using a PC...I would assume it's similar with a MAC.

Another, option if you only need a fraction more is to hit the F11 on the keyboard. That should max out the screen. And, to bring back the taskbars you hit the F11 a second time.

Let me know if that improves things for you.
Hi! Thank you for your response. Changing out the display resolution didn't work well for me and the F11 option got in the way of staggering windows. What did work for me though is to get rid of all the toolbars at the top of each browser window by right clicking and then de-selecting them. That gave me enough room to see my dock and my phone - woo hoo!

Also I found (at least on my computer) that while firefox is faster than explorer when running 1-2 windows, when running 5-6 windows, explorer is faster!

Just wanted to share that info in case it is helpful to others as well. Thanks again for your thread and for trying to help!
ZeldaZeldaZelda is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #18
Webkinz :)

kiara212 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
Staggering seperate windows is possible too!!

The last thing you want to do is run several different browsers at the same time. Pick 1 and go with it. Here's what you need to do.

If you are using a PC this will work...for Mac (I'm not so sure about it). These instructions will work for Firefox and Internet Explorer.

First Open a browser window. Use this url but don't log in just yet;

http://66.48.69.102///loader4.php?go...ser&aol=0&fs=0

(So copy and paste that into your browser and hit enter.)

Now, at the top of the browser you'll see a menu.

Go to TOOLS, select OPTIONS (Firefox) or INTERNET OPTIONS (IE)

Now, click on "USE CURRENT" for homepage.

.....Almost there!

Next, log in to that browser. You can resize the window by placing the cursor on the corner of it and pulling it in or out as needed.

Place this window at the top right of your screen.

To create more windows, use the CTRL key and click on the letter "N" at the same time. That will open the 2nd window and the login page should appear for you as the home page.

To make more windows, continue pressing on CTRL and repeat pressing "N", as many times for the windows desired.

If you like, you can remove the bookmarks and browser path by right clicking in their area and un-checking them so they don't 'show'. This helps when they are staggered so you don't click on various menus/bookmarks when they are staggered.

Now stagger your windows as desired.

Remember, depending on how good your pc's memory is, your connection and a few other factors...you may want to limit to only 5 accounts. Some pc tend to freeze up. This can be a drain on the servers and will slow it down for other users as well.

If your pc freezes up, you can click on "ALT" and "TAB" at the same time, and sometimes it forces it to unlock without having to log out.

Also, try to exit out of any non required programs.

Change your WI quickstyle from default to COLORS HUES (scroll to the bottom of the WI page to find the blue bar. The ads that run in the default tend to freeze up the screens, when it refreshes, and can cause things to become difficult when you are re-staggering your screens.

I've tried to explain it as best I can. Let me know if you need anything. I'm just logged into my accounts now and will be on for a bit.

Enjoy and have fun catching flakes!!

This is what mine looks like with 7::
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- EXOTERIC added 35 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

You need seperate accounts. We have 29 in our family.
How Cool!! Thanks Exo for this great info!
I like your siggie and the three rules you live by! Wow! I hope you don't mind me asking but, how do you keep up with 29 accounts? Family life & manage to be so computer savvy at the same time????
kiara212 is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #19
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 
Default Re: [GUIDE] HOW-TO OPEN SEVERAL ACCOUNTS in IE 7 and Firefox Browsers. (Two methods shared: 1. Group Tabs for Activities 2. Staggering Windows for Winterfest and Fall Fest)

Too bad I have to wait to leave but I can at least rate this thread 5 stars!!!!
kayembee is offline Female
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: [GUIDE] HOW-TO OPEN SEVERAL ACCOUNTS in IE 7 and Firefox Browsers. (Two methods shared: 1. Group Tabs for Activities 2. Staggering Windows for Winterfest and Fall Fest)

Thanks for sharing, maybe now it will work for me too!
Rejewal is offline Female
Closed

Tags
dance like a monkey!, ku ate this tag, multiple accounts, multiple accounts guide, multiple login windows