Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Default [GUIDE] HOW-TO OPEN SEVERAL ACCOUNTS in IE 7 and Firefox Browsers. (Two methods shared: Part 1. Group Tabs for Activities & Part 2. Staggering Windows for Winterfest and Fall Fest)

There's 2 parts to this guide.

Part 1
= Is a Guide for creating group tabs so that you can open multiple accounts.
This is useful when you want to do daillies or other similar repetitive activities.

*You need separate accounts to login! For ex: You can make 3 login windows if you have 3 accounts*.

I'll show both methods for Internet Explorer 7 and
Firefox
I will refer to them as IE7 and FF respectively.

and...

Part 2 = Is a Guide for creating several windows to be used in a staggered or stacked fashion*again, logged in with separate accounts* so that you can maximize how many flakes or leaves you can catch during Fall Fest and Winter Fest.

Warning: I would not suggest you do this if your computer has a slow connection or has low RAM/MEM, or does not handle flash well. Learn what your PC's limits are. If you notice things are really lagging then your PC's having a hard time processing the tabs/windows. As a result this will slow down the servers and in turn makes it difficult for other users too.

========================================================================

PART 1 - CREATING GROUP TABS FOR ACTIVITIES

INSTRUCTIONS For INTERNET EXPLORER7

There are many images included in these instructions because IE7's user interface is a little more tricky. I've provided images to go with the explanations to help. I still prefer FF since there aren't as many steps. Try both and see which you like most!

Open an IE7 window. Now, copy and paste this url into your browser window and hit enter.
http://66.48.69.102/loader4.php?go=loadReturnUser&aol=0&fs=0

Open two tabs. (you need 2 tabs or else some steps won't work with only 1 window open)

How:
Right click on the first tab in the window, a menu will appear, now click on 'new tab',

and paste the link again and hit enter.

Click on the Add Favorites button. (looks like a gold star and green plus sign)

A drop down window appears, choose the "Add Tab Group to Favorites".

The image below shows what url you should be copy and pasting in step 1 and 2.
It also shows two tabs (TAB1 and TAB2)
In the small red circle it shows the icon for the Add Favorites

Click the image to open in full size.

Your Favorites Center window will pop up asking you to give the FOLDER a name.

I've named mine WEBKINZ TABS. Click Add. This pop up window will close.

The image below shows Step 4.

Again, click on Add Favorites Button (gold star with green button).
This time select "Add to favorites". The Favorites Center pop up will appear again.

The image belows shows the proper selection from Step 5.

Now, name the TAB. I've named mine Tab1. You should repeat Step 5 and 6 to add several tabs,

remember to name them something different each time.

I named mine Tab1, Tab2, Tab3.....up to Tab10. You can create as many as you like but I wouldn't

recommend more than 10.

Image below shows Naming (creating) of Tab1 (repeated for steps 4 and 5 for Tabs 2 -10)

Now, you are ready to play with multiple accounts with several tabs in the same window.

The fun begins! To open all those wonderful tabs just click on the Big Gold Star.

(shown in circled in red in image below- it's right beside the Add Favorites)

Select WEBKINZ TABS Folder

...important: place your cursor to the right side of folder items.

(See image below - Place your cursor where there is an arrow.)

A little blue arrow shows up - click on the blue arrow!

(this is shown in image below by a black circle)

And voila! All of the Webpages will open on separate tabs.

You are now ready to login in to GROUP TABS with muliple accounts!!

========================================================================

PART 1 - CREATING GROUP TABS FOR ACTIVITIES

INSTRUCTIONS For FIREFOX

Copy and paste this link into your FF browser window and hit enter.

http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?go=loadReturnUser&aol=0&fs=0

Right click on the taskbar
and create a new folder (name it Webkinz)

Place your cursor over the 'page' icon in front of the url. (look right beside the home icon)

and drrrrag it into the folder you just created on the taskbar.

Repeat this step for the number of times you'd like to have the link repeated.

(I did it 8 times here but you should make as many for the number of accounts you have)

Click on the folder
to open all the tabs you've just created.

A drop down menu appears. Select: "Open All in Tabs"

You now have 8 tabs to log into! Enjoy!!

This image shows the url circled.
The page icon is circled with the url.
It shows the folder and it's tab contents.
Black arrow shows where to click to open the Group Tabs.

PART2 - STAGGERING WINDOWS FOR WINTERFEST OR FALL FEST!!

**You need seperate Webkinz accounts to do this! 3 accounts means 3 login in windows**

The instructions below work for both Firefox and Internet Explorer7.

The last thing you want to do is run several different browsers at the same time.

Pick 1 and go with it.
So, let's get started!!

Open a browser window. Use this url but don't log in just yet;

http://66.48.69.102///loader4.php?go...ser&aol=0&fs=0

(So copy and paste that into your browser and hit enter.)

Now, at the top of the browser you'll see a menu.

Go to TOOLS, select OPTIONS (in Firefox) or INTERNET OPTIONS (in IE7)

Now, click on "USE CURRENT" for homepage.

Next, log in to that browser. Resize the window by placing the cursor on the corner of it and

pulling it in or out as needed. You want the side of the window to show the edge of the room or

window you want to see before creating the next windows. (it copies the original window's size).

Place this window at the top right of your screen.

To create more windows, use the CTRL key and type the letter "N" at the same time.

That will open the 2nd window and the login page should appear for you!

To make more windows, continue pressing on CTRL and repeat pressing "N",

as many times for the windows desired. Now, stagger them like stairs at a minimum of 1 inch apart.

You can also Stack them side by side. Do whatever you prefer. I like to stagger up to 10 screens.

Some Practical TIPS:::

Expand the window size:

When you can't see the dock or need to Avoid clicking on taskbars.

If you like, you can remove the bookmarks and browser path by right clicking in their area and

un-checking them so they don't 'show'. This helps when they are staggered so you don't click on

various menus/bookmarks when they are staggered. It also helps to expand the window so you

can see the lower area of your Webkinz dock.

How to 'unfreeze':

Depending on how good your pc's memory is, your connection and a few other factors...you may want to limit to only 5 accounts. Some pc tend to freeze up. This can be a drain on the servers and will slow it down for other users as well.

If your pc freezes up, you can click on "ALT" and "TAB" at the same time, and sometimes it forces it to unlock without having to log out or resorting to the Task Manager.

Also, try to exit out of any non required programs. This will help your RAM/MEM perform better.

WI refreshes it's Advertisements:

The solution is to change your WI quickstyle from default to BLUE HUES.

Scroll to the bottom of the WI page to find the blue bar.

The ads that run in the default tend to freeze up the screens, when it refreshes,

and can cause things to become difficult when you are re-staggering your screens.

Flake/Leaf visibility trick:

If you want to catch them in your room, a good method to use is the paint and zoom trick. For the Snow Flakes you'll want to paint the floors and walls a dark color. This helps them POP out! I find the light color of the flake is harder to see on the blue room background (blue space). I like CRIMSON for the flakes and DARK BLUE for the Leaves. Also, I find it very helpful to remove all objects from the room.
So, once you've done that, zoom in! Walk your pet 1 square once in a while so you don't get logged out for inactivity.

Image Below:

This is what mine looks like with 7 windows. Notice under the 4th window there are 3 more windows. They are the 2 Webkinz windows and a 7th window that I use with multiple tabs. I can
surf WI and other sites all the while watching for flakes and leaves and I don't miss anything!!

See how they overlap? Each time you click on a flake /leaf you'll have to reset them. Just click on the Gray area where it says "Welcome to Webkinz .....". Do this from left to right to re-stagger them. Repeat for each flake/leaf caught.

Last edited by EXOTERIC; 01-17-2011 at 02:22 PM..
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
Gift Trainee

TwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: [GUIDE] HOW-TO open multiple tabs in IE 7 and Firefox Browsers.

Great post, wish my documentation for work was as good.
TwinzKinz is offline Male
Old 11-01-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by TwinzKinz
Great post, wish my documentation for work was as good.
Thanks!! I am glad you enjoyed it. I wish I was that organized with my house!! lol
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

Great guide Exo! You are just a wealth of info these days
kayembee is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
Great guide Exo! You are just a wealth of info these days
Thanks - I'm glad you think so!! - I had a great summer and spend some time on WW. And you know, I had a change of heart about posting in the GD/c. I want to participate there but mostly I want to contribute to our community by posting help threads.. and guides.

I think that most of this particular info can be found on the net but it's sure fun to be able to have it posted here where it would reach members that may want to learn how to do this.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:12 AM   #6
Bring back WNTM!
Gift Trainee

dazyandoreo! is a jewel in the roughdazyandoreo! is a jewel in the rough

Thanks that is awesome EXO!
I cant give you anymore rep! Ur just soooo awesome! U help me sooo much! I just can't thank you enough!

Ur so nice! I hope to ttyl! I am always around to chat

dazyandoreo!

Last edited by dazyandoreo!; 11-09-2008 at 03:43 AM..
dazyandoreo! is offline Female
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero

Thanks for 'opening' the thread

I think this will be a helpful tool for those who want to learn how to do it for this coming Winterfest

If you have any questions - please feel free to pm me - have a wonderful day
Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Thank you so much for the info, I just did it with firefox. Will look forward to the next step.
Gram2Four is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #9
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

Exoteric,
I do it a different way that doesn't require saving a link.

You can open multiple Webkinz tabs (as many as you need).
1. Click on first tab and LOG IN. A new window for your WW ID and Password pops up. This is the first account.
2. Close the first tab!
3. Click on the second tab and LOG In. A new window for your WW ID and Password pops up. You now have two windows for two accounts.
4. Close the second tab!
5. Rinse and repeat.

The key is that once you have "used" up a LOG IN, you may not use it again and it can not still be up on the computer. If you don't close the used up tab, your WW window will be replaced. It's weird, I know.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #10
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by Azriel
Exoteric,
I do it a different way that doesn't require saving a link.

You can open multiple Webkinz tabs (as many as you need).
1. Click on first tab and LOG IN. A new window for your WW ID and Password pops up. This is the first account.
2. Close the first tab!
3. Click on the second tab and LOG In. A new window for your WW ID and Password pops up. You now have two windows for two accounts.
4. Close the second tab!
5. Rinse and repeat.

The key is that once you have "used" up a LOG IN, you may not use it again and it can not still be up on the computer. If you don't close the used up tab, your WW window will be replaced. It's weird, I know.
You can do it that way, but I find that it's much faster to have the multiple links saved in a folder. It takes me less than 3 seconds to have 10 log in pages up with this method. Several tabs rather than windows. The method shown here is used to illustrate how handy it is to be logged in to several accounts if you are say, attending parties and want 10 accounts logged in to get 10 pets in, therefore guaranteeing a win or say you'd like to just do daillies for more than 1 or 2 accounts at the same time. I have 29 now so it's good to have 10 login that I can just access from a folder of saved links. I find this so fast, I don't even have to be 'awake' lol...just click on the folder, select open all links, it opens up all the tabs for me, and I log in all 10 accounts. It's the fastest way I've found. Your technique is equally good if you only log in a couple accounts. I find it has too many steps if I want to log in 10 at a time though. Thanks for sharing your strategy.
Closed

Tags
dance like a monkey!, ku ate this tag, multiple accounts, multiple accounts guide, multiple login windows