Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Lightbulb [GUIDE] How to Make a Zingoz Plush! [celebrate the Zingoz Celebration with your own Zingoz!]

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey everyone! (:

When I get excited for an event, I get really excited. (: This goes for online stuff and off. x) I've been really enjoying the Wacky Celebration, and I decided I really wanted my very own Zingoz.

So I set off with my load of yellow fleece and a picture of Wacky, and I came out with this little beanbag! This is my original pattern, and I'm so happy to share it with you!

I hope you enjoy my guide!

You Will Need

The Short List
Spoiler: show

*Yellow Fleece
*Red, blue, brown, and white felt
*Fiberfill
*Beans/rice
*Needle
*Thread
*Pins
*The pattern (see below)

~Optional~

*Fabric Glue
*Sewing Machine
*Funnel (for beans/filling)

The Long Version....
(this gives extra info)

*Fabric
You should get fabric in whatever color you want your Zingoz to be. Fleece or felt would make the cutest plush, but really, any fabric you have on hand would work great.

Assuming you're making the classic Zingoz like I am, you need;
*a foot or two of yellow fleece
*A sheet each of red, sky blue, white, and mocha felt.

*Stuffing
Since Wacky is a beanbag, you'll need two fillers--beans, and stuffing.

The beans can be anything from small beads, beans, rice, or lentils. I used rice. Just don't use popcorn, because if he gets too hot----POP!

I used standard Fiberfill, but you could use cotton balls, old t-shirts, pretty much anything soft. (:

*Sewing Supplies
This includes scissors, needle, thread, pins. I used a sewing machine, but you could easily hand sew this little guy.

*Fabric Glue
I cheated and glued my facial expressions on. It worked very well.

The Pattern
This is an 100% original pattern, Wacky is copyright of Ganz.

Just print this pattern out. I copy and paste it onto Microsoft Word before I do though, it makes it easier to print for me. x)

Click the image to open in full size.

How to Make your Zingoz
Now it's time to get sewing!

Step One: Cut out your Pieces

Cut out the pieces from the pattern on the black lines. Try to do it as accurately as possible, but it doesn't have to be exact, so don't worry too much.

Step Two: Cut your fabric

Pin each part of your Zingoz to the right fabric following the info below;

Body:
Yellow fabric. Cut one.

Arms:
Yellow fabric. Cut two.

Legs:
Yellow fabric. Cut two.

Hair:
Mocha fabric. Cut one.

Eyes:
White fabric. Cut two.

Inner eyes:
Sky blue fabric. Cut two.

Pupils:
Black fabric. Cut two.

Mouth:
Red fabric. Cut one.

Step Three: Sewing the Body

The body is the easiest to sew in my opinion.

With the right sides together, begin to sew about an inch down from the top of Wacky's head. Plain straight stitches are fine for this. I did my seam about a quarter-inch from the edge, but if you feel more comfortable with more or less space, go for it. (:

Keep sewing around Wacky until you end an inch from his head on the other side. (So if wacky was a banana he'd be sewn on all sides except an inch from the stem.) Tie a knot, and cut your thread.

Now turn Wacky inside out. He's starting to look like a zingoz, doesn't he?

Step Four: Sewing the arms and legs

The arms and legs are exactly the same to sew, so refer to this info for sewing both.

With the right sides together, begin sewing on one side of Wacky's arm. Whichever side you choose, leave the flat part (that would attach to Wacky's body) open. Sew around the hand/foot, and up to the other side. Tie a knot and cut your thread.

Then turn all the arms/legs inside out.

Step Five: Stuffing!

Now it's time to stuff Wacky!

To stuff the arms and legs, just take a bit of stuffing, and, well.....Stuff them! It's your choice how firm or soft you want his arms and legs, so experiment. (: Put his limbs aside.

For Wacky's body, we're going to put some beans in him so he'll be a beanbag through the hole you left in his head. This is easier with a funnel. Take your beans, and pour them into Wacky until he's filled about halfway. Then fill the rest of him with stuffing. Again, how soft and firm you want him is your choice, but I find beanbags are best if they're not packed so the beans can move around. I just filled mine loosely up to the top.

Step Six: Sewing on Wacky's Hair

Wacky's head is open! O_o We're going to fix this. (:

Start sewing where you left off sewing his body. I just used whip stitch so it's harder to see my stitches.

As you get closer to the top of his head, stop when you reach the flat part. (where his stem would be if he was a banana) Take his hair and sandwich the bottom of it between the two sides of his body. Using straight stitches, (not whip stitch) continue sewing through all three layers so the hair gets sewn into him. (:

Once the hair is totally sewn on, continue whip stitching until the gap is closed. Tie a small knot and cut your thread as closely as possible.

Step Seven: Sewing Wacky's arms and legs

This is probably the hardest part to sew, and it only gets better with practice.

To sew on the arms, position them on Wacky's body, and start sewing. I used whip stitch to sort of sew 'around' his arms and legs. You might have an easier way to do this, and it might just be a matter of fooling around with it for a while. (:

Step Eight: Wacky's Face

Now for the fun part! We get to create Wacky. (:

I just glued my plushies' face on with glue, but you could easily sew this as well.

First of all, position Wacky's eyes the way you want them. Glue the inner eye on top of the eye, and then position the pupil in the middle of that. Glue them on an angle near the top of Wacky's head.

And the mouth is pretty simple, just glue it on.

Now let Wacky dry. (I know, boring. ) 24 hours is best, but wait at least a few hours before you start taking him places at least.

So there you have it!
Your very own Zingoz. Please comment, and feel free to ask me any questions or tell me something needs to be clearer. And if you make a Zingoz, I'd LOVE to see him.

Have a Wacky, Wonderful Day!

Last edited by luv2writeNS; 08-22-2011 at 09:34 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Default Re: [GUIDE] How to Make a Zingoz Plush! [celebrate the Zingoz Celebration with your own Zingoz!]

Reserved, in case.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: [GUIDE] How to Make a Zingoz Plush! [celebrate the Zingoz Celebration with your own Zingoz!]

I might try this out in the future =D
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Thunderpaw! SkyClan!

kittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roost

Epicness! That's AWESOME.
kittycaty is offline Female
Old 08-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

oh wow, this is so cool
000000005 is offline Male
Old 08-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #6

158lawhop is sweet stuff
158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff158lawhop is sweet stuff

That Is So Awesome! I Think I'm Gonna Make One. (:
158lawhop is offline Female
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Wondering..
Gifted

SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine
SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine

Wow, this is awesome! I might try and make one when I get back from vacation!
SoccerPlayer06 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
girle101

pompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonder

Awesome!!!!!!! I only have a made-out-of-paper Wacky and it has the brown stuff at the bottom like the hat in WW.It's Oasis's real life Wacky hat.
pompomkitty10 is offline Female
Old 08-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
I love you ♥

Starla knows the way
Starla knows the wayStarla knows the wayStarla knows the way

This is awesome! I will make one before school starts.
Starla is offline Female
Closed