Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #71
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Giving An Image A Transparent Background]

hello Blythe! thanks to you i have made my very first animated graphic!
Click the image to open in full size.
is this ok?
wenjun is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #72
I Forever Winter

Butterflies has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: • • • [Blythe's GIMP Guide] • • • [Last Added: Giving An Image A Transparent Background]

Thread Open! ♥
Butterflies is offline Female
Old 11-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #73
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by wenjun
hello Blythe! thanks to you i have made my very first animated graphic!
is this ok?
That looks GREAT!

I can tell you put a lot of effort into it and it really paid off!
The end result is BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks for sharing!

View Post Originally Posted by Butterflies
Thread Open! ♥
Thank you Butterflies!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #74
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
That looks GREAT!

I can tell you put a lot of effort into it and it really paid off!
The end result is BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Butterflies!
aww thank you!
wenjun is offline Female
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #75
I Forever Winter

Butterflies has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Thread Open! ♥
Butterflies is offline Female
Old 05-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #76
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by Butterflies
Thread Open! ♥
Thank you so much Butterflies!

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Blythe; 05-14-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Blythe is offline Female
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #77
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Downloading your own fonts is a nice way to further customize your graphics. Most computers come with a set of fonts that are pretty basic such as Arial or Times New Roman and maybe a few unique fonts like Papyrus. However, using a plain font such as Arial doesn't always look nicest on graphics. That's where downloading fonts comes in! There are so many unique fonts on the internet that there is sure to be a perfect one for you or your graphic.

IMPORTANT NOTE. Make sure you close gimp before downloading any fonts. Otherwise you will have to close gimp and reopen it right after downloading any fonts for the new fonts to show up.

So how do we download these fonts?

It is rather simple actually.
First we find a website that has the font download on it.
There are a lot of different sites for this, but the most trusted one and one I use is dafont.

The first for loading our custom font is first going to dafont.
Once there you'll see categories for you to choose fonts in. I found one I liked under decorative called Abusive Pencil.
So I clicked the download option right next to it to download it to my computer.

So the Abusive Pencil file will then begin to download like any file would. Once the download is complete double click on the file to open it.

Something like this should pop up.

We're only interested in the file that TrueType Font File next to it. Its the one highlighted in blue in the above image.
We don't need to worry about the other two files.
The Readme File is the rules for using the Abusive Pencil Font and the other file is a sample of the font.

So, the next thing we need to do is copy the TrueType Font File.
To do so, we can right click on it, then click copy.
We've now copied the file onto our clipboard.
Time to place it into gimp.

To do so we need to locate gimp's files.
My gimp file is located under Computer> Local Disc (C > Users > Blythe > .gimp-2.6.
Once you locate gimp's file you need to open it.

Once opened you should see the following gimp folders.

We need to open the gimp fonts folder. Its the folder highlighted in red in the above image.

Once opened you'll see any fonts you've previously downloaded.
Since this is probably your first time using the tutorial you've probably not downloaded any so the folder will be empty.
This is my current folder. As you can see I have two fonts in it.

Since we've located and opened our font folder we need to right click then click paste to put our font in the folder. Once pasted, your downloaded font should appear in the font folder now.

TA-DA!
Your font has been successfully placed in gimp.
You may now reopen gimp (if you didn't close it like I told you to you'll need to close it and reopen it for the new font to appear).
Your new font should be waiting there and ready to use.

Here's what I made with my new font.

TIP - If you ever decide you HATE a font and don't want it on gimp any more you can go back into the gimp font file and delete any unwanted fonts.

I hope this helps!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 05-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #78
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Default Re: • [GUIDE] • Blythe's Guide to GIMP. [Last Added: Downloading Fonts]

We're reopened with a remodeled front page and 1 new guide.

I hope to remodel the old guides to make them a little more precise.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 05-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #79
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Default Re: • [GUIDE] • Blythe's GIMP Guide [Last Added: Downloading Fonts]

The front page has been updated with some useful information.
I also hope to post a new guide today.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 05-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #80
Webkinz :)

mitfy has disabled reputation

Default Re: • [GUIDE] • Blythe's GIMP Guide [Last Added: Downloading Fonts]

This is a really nice guide! It would help if the posts were more together, but I still love it! You should check out my guide, sometime! [Well, ya know. When it's finished]
mitfy is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fabulous guide!, you are beautiful(:, ~~~jazzgal~~~